Tree of Savior Forum

GODLY patch in ktos this week hype

First, let me ask, are you considering Melstis or not?

With bcuz u will have access to it with a proper ET group.

PvP should just be normalized how we had it at first. - now, i dont even wanna do it

1 Like

Iā€™ll keep what I said here. Plus, Iā€™m not comparing to ET only. Iā€™m comparing to overall gameplay. Melstis is one issue on itself. You will understand if you ever tried to run an ET group without Melstis (like I did on earlier runs months ago and recently on 21-25f with Saintone).

Plus, a lot of classes could out-dps. Iā€™ll pick ā€œmetaā€ DPS classes to compare R8 skills with it: Murmillo, Dragoon C2, Fencer C3, Doppel C3, Warlock C2, PD C2, Inquisitor (? Not sure on how good the DPS on wheel can be).

Why? Ausrine + Chapparition/Glass Mole buffs. DoV stacks and other debuffs mechanics that these classes have.

Iā€™m not including Pyro 3 (depends on Agny) nor Mergen and Cannoneer (from my experience, needs links, I might be wrong) nor Musketeer (not sure on how well one can AoE with it).

Also, keep in mind that Iā€™m not complaining about ā€œmy class is useless because everyone DPS meā€. I have my opinion that Agny is OP but thatā€™s not because it invalidates other classes but because it is a bad design on itself, even playing as Pyro3Linker3 myself on one alt.

But the SR skills itself, with Rank 8 update it only feels right if you have transcendence. Itā€™s underwhelming otherwise.

On this, did you consider that Rush gives you CC resist, apply CC on enemies, have % P ATK modifier on skill tooltip, slash bonus and Enhance attribute?

As well that itā€™s maxed on Rank 6 allowing you to get more damage on Rank 8 (which Iā€™m talking about and comparing SR to).

Also, Marching Fire damage is too low without Transcendence to AoE only 5 monsters and the number of targets is fixed to Skill Lvā€¦ It is only viable to use with weapon Transcendence (high damage on Pistol). You need around 2.3k physical attack on offhand to reach ~12k ish crits with 3x Lv.7 Yellow Gems on weapon.

Limacon is a good skill, if you have a good P ATK. Otherwise hits are too low and single target.

Plus, if you scale all monsters down to fit all classes you will need to scale other Rank 8 classes with 10k base damage skills down to not create an opposite power creep where some classes 1-shots everything and other classes works normally.

Rush is ā– ā– ā– ā–  if you dont have transcendence. It was buff before into % base but still lacks in DPS department. No transcendence world will bring back the era of rank 7 where mages have the upperhand. Untouchable clerics, shitty archers damage.

Cata relies on transcendence so much, that if you remove trans, you have to buff cata into viable DPS comparable with transcendence.

2 Likes

Also, itā€™s so hard to understand the other class if you donā€™t play it. I thought Rush was better in this aspect (because the % and CC).

Yes, Cata is not stand alone class, it requires utility from other ranks to utilize Rush on its full potential. Thats why SW3 is almost a must as Cata3, because of restrain. Con is greater than skill damage, if you hit Cleric or Mages with Rush, they could survive another day because Rush also has low damage. Cata also belong in the lower class that badly needs a buff. With transcendence + % damage modifier buff, it can now bring in solmiki as Viable DPS.

Remove trans and Swordsmen are sh1t tier again. Only included in party for bonus exp or swashbuckling.

Anyway even if Rush with restrain is formidable, other classes can dodge or be immune to it. Mackangdal, Safety wall, camouflage, levitate, Ausrine, R7F, hanging shot, C block and above all it is channeling. Cryomancer frost shield can stop Rush under 5 hits.

2 Likes

Low skill damage? I got you fam.

https://tos.neet.tv/skills/11103

1 Like

Even without Agny, Pyro damage is alrightā€¦if you have high enough Trans.
The problem with Pyro is the lack of base damage on its skills means you are reliant on INT and weapon damage to make use of its high hit count attacks.

Which means Trans. Same Issue Frost Cloud Has just to a slightly lesser extent since it has marginally better base damage.

Then Agny comes along and makes you need a lot less magic attack to do serviceable damage, and then lets your damage get bonkers once you do have high magic attack.

3 Likes

Theyā€™ll be some more information about ITOS tonight, so get hyped for that as well. :slight_smile:

there is the good parts that they posted on main webpage.
how amazing are those changes incoming in ā€œcouple of monthsā€ :slight_smile:

can we be all hyped with me?! lol

Iā€™d rather get hype when its released =3=.

The real hype for me its the Developer Blog about the Stat/Damage/Balance changes to be released next week.

Even tho it would take way longer to be applied on any server, its reveal is gonna impact every ToS community with speculation and predictions on the future ā€œmetaā€.

5 Likes

agree with this. We should just lay low until dev gives more info.
So what will broken and what will become OP next? stay tuned until the beginning of April (* oops April fool flag trigerred)

1 Like

It could trigger so many opinions. To be the last nail on the coffin to actually peek the curiosity of old players.

Theorycrafting is fun anyway, so im looking forward to it.

2 Likes

no need to theorycraft, i will let the guild know as soon as i find out shift in meta from korea. lol

1 Like

They allowed equipment in PVP because they wanted to give whales a reason to spend on shards :grinning:

6 Likes

Great, we just need more Kiritos now.

Iā€™m sure that his hype will be gone after a while ā€¦since the waiting time for it to come here ā€¦kek

They want people to test appraiserā€™s skills in pvp

Iā€™m looking forward only if they ruin DEX as a must have stat

I believe this is a must do right now. Probably not ruin, but make it less mandatory for every physical class lol