Tree of Savior Forum

Give an attribute to c1 wizard with 50-75% chance to avoid intteruption

Yeah I think so. No one is actually this stupid.

Right, c2 wizard is indeed weird. RNG is not that bad imo, it gives at least a small chance for those that didn’t go c2, It’s at least something.

I have taken the feed back but not from yours.

Some say that indeed wizard needs it and some say that they don’t

But most players that says that they don’t need it is because it would be unnecessary. So they’re skilled and don’t care, therefore it’s a win win. The good players doesn’t care and the bad ones becomes happy.

That isn’t exactly what “It is unnecessary.” implies. It is unnecessary means that the class doesn’t need a poor mans surespell. However providing everyone with a poor mans surespell makes taking c2 wizard less desirable which results in less player choice. It would make wizard c2-c3 pigeon-holed into just a runecaster and elementalist staple and nothing more. Quick cast is good but without a solid stepping stone to get there the power elsewhere easily beats it out. Before you claim “Then c2 wizard needs something better” I wish to remind you that in it’s current state, the wizard class is fine and it isn’t until you look to add the poor mans surespell that these problems even arise. If I had a default 50% chance to avoid interruption I would just assume add cryo for my rank 2 and start look to add either a second circle in cryo or linker as the rank 3.

I really don’t understand why taking another rank in wizard is such a terrible thing to do if you are having trouble with getting interrupted.

1 Like

for me i really dont have a problem on those things

but giving 10~50% (10% per attribute level) to avoid interruption on wizard C1 is ok for those whose build dont have wiz c2~c3

and going C2 for surespell gets another attribute that takes that c1 attribute to like 10~50% chance to make spell deal bonus 10% damage making both circle useful

Avoid Interruption lv 1 (max lv 5) on circle 1
Convert lv 1 (max lv 1) on circle 2

circle 1 would rely on RNG to avoid interruption
while circle 2 rely on RNG to get bonus damage on every spell cast

1 Like

Scaling changes, damage calculations, skill rework, classes get added for yeah…
But what you’re suggesting is, asking for “surespell” like attribute/skill just because you can’t dodge some poorly coded AI.

fallecies wow, must be why you get interrupted much, your a button keyboard is switched with e

you can just scroll up. Maybe it was you?

Someone said that one can’t go elementalist unless you go wiz 2-3.

So if we apply what you just said here

However providing everyone with a poor mans surespell makes taking c2 wizard less desirable which results in less player choice

So if we follow your statement here and the other guys statement. Then elementalist is an undesirable class unless you pick wizard 2 and 3, tell me how that is fair.

And then there was another guy whom said that if you go wiz 3, then surespell is just obsolete because of quickcast.

Now we have 3 different statements

And all I’m asking for is a RNG either 50% or 75% chance of ignoring interrupt.

so all in all

Some say surespell doesn’t matter, some say it’s their divine god.

What I want i s a balance between it. Not force players to go wiz 2 only because of 1 ability, that’s asenine to me.

I like how you think.

I play priest but sure mate. Let that rage out if it makes you sleep better at night.

I feel like you jump to pretty far fetched conclusions. Currently wizard c3 is a staple to runecaster and elementalist because of quickcast and surespell as it just makes sense seeing as some of their cast times are 8-10 seconds. Providing every c1 wizard with a chance to avoid interrupts makes c2-c3 wizard ONLY useful for runecaster and elementalist which is limiting build options. Which is all I said, never did I say elementalist is undesirable.

No one (outside of the obvious elementalist and runecaster for quickcast) is forced to take c2 wiz, but if you are having trouble with interrupts it is an option. People are saying surespell doesn’t matter because they have learned how to use things with a cast time without worrying as much. On the otherhand taking wiz c2 provides that extra assurance which is a nice bonus to help you on your way to quick cast. Surespell will never be obsolete for cast times that are ~2 seconds or longer, assuming it is the only form of interrupt mitigation. Another thing to note is a large enough innate chance to not get interrupted would by default be better than surespell for everything other than runecaster and elementalist as you now no longer need to deal with it taking one of your buff slots.

Why is it that you are this adamant about this when you play priest? You have a large number of wizard players giving reasons as to why it would have a negative impact on the wizard class as a whole but seem to brush them off.

Edit: Fixed a bit of grammar.

2 Likes

Suprise, I don’t sleep at night.
Its either you tried playing wizard and you sucked or you actually haven’t played wizard and just trolling.

lvl 150+ still not needing surespell.

Surespell is mostly just necessary for long casting times, such as going Elementalist or Rune Caster (8 seconds cast time, 4 with quick cast buff)
Anything with 2 seconds cast time or less doesnt require surespell to function properly.Just put yourself in a better position.

If you want to facetank, you might want to try out swordsman, if you want to be able to be hit without being cancelled and keep long range attacks, try certain archer builds.

Perhaps wizard wasnt for you?

You are streamlining classes to make it easier for a lack of skill and since you just admitted “I play priest” You are obviously now just trolling. good job Moonchild, way to create yet another flame post on something you don’t even play. You called people out for being liars who actually admitted to reading all of your stuff. You have wasted lots of peoples time. Enjoy your report I hope the forum monitors see you for what you are and punish accordingly.

I’d go for longer cast times while being attacked and surespell could just prevent that. Then we could have an attribute attached to surespell to increase spell aoe so it’s still good enough to go wiz2

no intention to kill the mood, but there are some c1 skills that goes only to level 5 even if you get c2 of that class :o…

I’m 210 pyro chron soon to be 3, I’ve never had issues with being interrupted even against archers.

My issues with archers is them tearing me a new as hole due to lack of range protection abilities, makes fighting archers a potion drain.

Yeah, they know it! It is worst idea ever.)
SomeCharacters

My only issue with surespell is that due to wiz C3 being op and wiz C1/C2 being insanly weak, you’ll never stop at C2 if you want that skill for, let’s say, FF or Psyko.

1 Like

What class are you playing? I had a wiz3 and never casted sure spell. I am a kino now and dont have problem casting my channeling spells without sure spell.