Tree of Savior Forum

GG IMC, Saintone is Leaving Now Too

Well played IMC, once again while you kickback at IMC headquarters counting your money you are losing another major contributor to the gaming community. Saintone has been 1 of the top players on Klaipeda since the start and is the author of the most viewed and used Plague Doctor build we currently have.

He has solod the entire 315 dungeon with his build and invested 100s of millions of silver and im sure well over 3,000 hours into that specific character. If you can not retain a player that motivated to play and invest their time, what hope do you have of keeping any of the casuals who have an attention span of 3-4 hours. The people who can barely make it past Crystal Mines before getting bored and re-rolling.

Its so sad to see the last few good players and forum authors we have leave but i’m never surprised. IMC, you have failed this city, again and again. The truth is all you care about is the next TP shop feature, what new hairbow or magical rainbow farting pony can you sell to the westerners to line your pockets, shame on you IMC, shame.

28 Likes
7 Likes

Really sad to see him go, he is one of the pioneers who helped out lots of fledgling clerics and also help shape the ET scene we have today in iToS.

I do echo many of Veritas/Saintone’s sentiments on the state of the game, so much that I told GM Grapes (Telsiai) a few days ago about the current ToS issues and what we hope to change. Hopefully Grapes do tell the devs about it.

One really irksome mechanic in which Veritas said is how the game becomes so trivalised when everything can be overcome with just Ausrine + Melstis. Yes it is a fantastic combo but it makes the game so easy and non challenging. No longer we need to dodge hits, and just “tank and spank” every single thing. Just look at Solmiki and World Bosses… all Ausrine+Melstis.

Hopefully the devs can do something about this and make the game challenging again so that players can feel the satisfaction in conquering them using their wits and strategies instead of using gear(for high damage) + invulnerability.

It just feels so belittling to the World Boss when they can’t do anything when Ausrine+Melstis is set up. It is a World Boss for goodness sake. The solution to this issue is for monsters to have some ways and means to counteract whatever the players throw at them.

1. Give monsters/WB periodic AOE Gohei ability. It can be a uninterruptible, 3sec charge up skill which has a red danger zone where players have run out if not all their buffs are wiped out. (including ausrine, blessing, whatever)

2. Monsters /WB should periodic buffs and debuffs too. Rexipher is one of the most well done bosses in ToS imo. It has SP drain, AOE tile wipe and damage reflect skills which makes it one of the most challenging bosses to fight, more so than Blut. Mainly due to these skills it is hard for players to maintain the invulnerability combo. Most DPSers will also need to take note when to and not DPS so as not to die too. We need more bosses like this.

As such, with the increased difficulty/challenge of end game content, the rewards can be boosted too so as to make it rewarding and fruitful for players who want to challenge the content.

Challenging content doesn’t mean increase in hp/toughness/damage. It means getting players to use their brains more in order to overcome situations in which normal means can’t handle.

6 Likes

Xanthiris of Orsha quit too, funny enough Soviet is still here

7 Likes

Has he said why he was quitting?

Here’s his message.

3 Likes

Xan quit long ago. He posted this in his level up guide.

Nov 2016

2 Likes

It is just kind of sad that many of the guide contributors stopped playing due to disappointment of the game.

1 Like

What a shitty tactic of using someone else leaving as a weapon…

but that’s to be expected of scrubs with no honor or dignity like you TC

2 Likes

Its absolutely sickening how IMC manages this game, I myself quit recently, went a full 2 months without logging in at all. I came back to use the rank reset voucher before it expired andafter being away for that period of time, I did have the itch to play a bit so I decided to roll a new cleric alt and go Miko. Since coming back though I have experienced more d/cs, errors, hacks, and failed maintenances in 2 weeks then I had seen in 2 months before leaving. When something is as poorly run as ITOS is, logic says it couldnt possibly get any worse, but somehow it does.

7 Likes

the daily whiteknight failed attack by DrRM, the one who constantly calls people out for attacking someone WHILE he attacks someone, dat DrRM logic

10 Likes

Well, not gonna lie, this is causing me much of the same strife and I empathize with him. And I’m normally very much against the whole “wah I’m quitting change this or else” nonsense. His points are well-thought out and constructive. I hope IMC realizes it too.

3 Likes

The defense rests. 20char TRIGGERED

1 Like

DRRM always try to divert attention from IMC failings, his usual tactic. You can’t blame him though he really loves the game. He gets VGA Error’ed everyday for months due to sh1tty laptop but still sticks around. +1 for dedication

2 Likes

Just dont play Revelation Online Saintone, I swear I saw you streaming it one night. That game isnt going to be any better than this one.

1 Like

Ya its just funny with him b/c he trys to take the moral high ground on issues and then follows up by name calling and slinging poop like an child.

You cant have it both ways, are you the mature one calling out someone, or are you JoeSwaaz being triggered again, he is both, so transparent, so sad.

3 Likes

They do have far superior PVP modes and frame rates compared to TOS though. So much potential held back by the ancient engine IMC insists on using instead of licensing one like Unreal/Unity etc. Well maybe they don’t want to cough up the money.

IDK yet. That dev/pub has a bad track record. The game looks like they took Skyforge and Allods Online (their previous titles) and just mashed it together. If they take ALL the good from those games, optimize it well, and have a reasonable cash shop. Maybe. But Im pretty certain itll be p2w which will kill the pvp even with multiple PVP options.

I KILLLED people in allods online like in the 12v12 skirmishes. Like I could straight up 1 vs 10 non cash shoppers. Fun for awhile, but you can see how that isnt appealing in a f2p game.

In the guild vs guild 24v24 they called Astral Confrontation. CS guilds dominated. They also had similiar issues that I see people complaining about here. The top guilds had “sister” guilds and would protect their allods just with bidding. So sometimes no matches were even played.

The popularity and ability to retain players is going to heavily hinge on that cash shop for it.

This has nothing to say about the players that played it though. It was tight knit community. Everyone pretty much knew everyone in-game and on the forums. Fun people. Game just couldnt attract new players cause of the cash shop.

So in short. Be cautious with that game (Rev Online), you may very well enjoy it at first; but it could very easily tank quickly.

JoeSwaaz need to post here. did he quit

4 Likes

nah, he still goes off on 18 long megaphone rants on Klaipeda from time to time, last 1 was about 3 days ago

you know joe, his entire life is sitting in town challenging people with pve builds to 1v1 him to validate his existance

5 Likes