Tree of Savior Forum

General kTest Thread

As a priest, I wonder what kind of changes happened to Stone Skin. That mounted Dragoon looks pretty smexy though.

but i have faith this isnt permanent…hopefully

7 Likes

Stone skin’s block rate reduced.

Didn’t DiscZ state that TP recovered automatically up to 10? >_> If so, I don’t see this as being a huge problem.

I really hope this is a test of some thing (maybe they need a high flux in/out of cash points at same time, i dont know…).

An MMO without player to player trades and a market that need cash points? cant be true.

3 Likes

transfering items between characters is gonna be a nightmare though xD

Testing if ppl would like to not sell, to not have a free marketing… testing if everyone would pay real money to make money in the game? I can’t understand games dev… I mean… how the hell they think if they limiting market would be profitable to anyone.
They don’t even need to think on how to make money… just release a new character cosmetic item every month and they will make more money than doing anything else. Most of the people I know would love to buy cosmetic but would never pay to have marketing acess or even to be stronger than the others. League of legends and many other games work like this and EVERYONE I know payed for a skin , but not everyone payed for better playability.
Free marketing, no cash functional items and TONS of cash cosmetic items = profit.
Also if we have mopay options to buy would be good.

ps. I hope they understand that some stuff may work for koreans but won’t work for international server. I mean Allods was russian game and their decisions worked in russia but killed the game very fast in the international server.

7 Likes

It’s still early days with this change. I personally don’t like it because it’s TP per market item listing, and there’s no mention of your TP being refunded to you if you item does not sell when it expires.

Whilst there is a TP Regen, its 1 TP per 2 hours when you’re under 10. Listing an item for 3 hours costs 2 TP minimum, with the item not appearing until 2 hours AFTER you listed it. That potentially means that your item is technically only listed for 1 hour. (@Riunia is testing this to see if this is the case, I believe. EDIT: It’s 3 hours after your item appears, thanks to @tomgo32000 )

It doesn’t sit right with me, especially with the potential to not even get a gain out of your points. Also, people can essentially pay2win the market by buying extra TP to undercut you by relisting their item if it’s a highly competitive item. This last point is what really worries me.

Plus, this system immediately screams alarm bells with how other things could be monetised. There’s better ways to do this, and enabling them to pull off something as ludicrous as this doesn’t help. The final nail in the coffin would be if they removed the TP Regen system for kOBT.

We’ll have to see the feedback we’ll get over the next two days on the Tester Forums. Reminder it’s the weekend so there will be no patches for a bit.

8 Likes

if the worst happen (current kcbt market) in the kobt, lets hope it doesn’t carry to the NA version in the future.

And there is no guarantee that TP Regen will stay for full release.

Agreed. This would ruin the game(at least for me).
I will wait till the OBT to start crying.

And we must remember one thing, the ideas for cash shop probabily are coming from nexon, and for the internacional server we wont have this problem.

I hope they don’t ruin the marketplace like this. A simple marketplace pass that allows all your items to be ahead of people who don’t have one would be a lot simpler. Along with the ability to put them up longer, ignore posting tax (Not the tax when they buy it), and being able to put up 4x more items or something.

This might as well be a single player game for the majority of the game.
Limiting trading like that destroys any sense of connection I have to other people on the server. I will see what happens, but I certainly hope this isn’t how it is going to turn out for release.

Wow the market change is bothersome, especially removing trade request, but I guess thats one way to force us using the market. Making money is just going to be tougher considering theres a time limit and a TP currency to bother with.
Im not completely understanding the change in this one(maybe they really want us to buy that Toilet Paper). As far as I could tell, the market we had was just fine. I do dislike that we cant trade with each other because me and my friends usually give each other items whenever we coudld need something. Lets hope they scratch the idea.

edit: oh yeah can anyone bother telling me what “TP” stands for again? My laziness wont let me read through 273 comments for it. Thx in advance.

Are they tryng to kill the game before it starts , tryng to set a record or something?

1 Like

No more private trading, and no buy in shops. Looks like the only place gold sellers can look to trade gold through is through the market place, and even that seems annoying.

Not a huge fan of these changes, but I guess they’re trying to get rid of gold sellers.

3 Likes

Hmmm. I am not really surprised by this. Honestly, everyone should have known this was coming since it is published by Nexon. Every single Nexon games has these types of restrictions. Look at Dragon Nest. You don’t have unlimited trade, you don’t have unlimited access to market, and you don’t have unlimited access to mail/shout. However, you can have unlimited access if you pay premium 30 day passes.

So from the look of it, ToS is following the same trend, in which it doesn’t really matter much. I actually think this is for the best. A good middle line between F2P and P2P because first, you won’t get lame people who can easily undercut your price on the market place just because they can. Secondly, it also stops RMT from money laundering all over the place. Basically, I say let it be.

3 Likes

TP = iCoins for the kTest server. (TP used to be named as NXP which is Nexon Points, but was changed recently.)

I’m assuming kOBT will be calling it NXP though.

1 Like

As long as all kinds of restrictions are lifted with premium i’m fine with it, but the moment they implement something that you have to keep spending money to gain something, i’m out of here .

2 Likes

Well.

That’s a bit disturbing, but let’s restart from 0 :

-TP (for the moment) are regenerated every hours, after the moment that you got less than 10.

-You Cannot trade between Players without using the marketplace.

-Put an item in the Marketplace costs you TP. (Does it costs you TP to buy too?)

As a player of Vindictus for a long time ago. The ability to not be able to trade between players is nothing for me. You can really live without it.
But I think I understand what the devs are trying to “TEST”.

Firstly, they want a pool of items regulated.
People can chain Field bosses, Dungeons, and else, get many many drops, but at the moment when you need to sell all of your OP items ,(Let’s say, 10x Toy Hammer, 8x Arde Dagger). Well, you’re stuck.
2 options :

1. You wait for TP that come back lil’ by lil’.
  2. You throw them away / Sell them to the nearest NPC. You make a lil’ profit of it, but who cares anyway?

^ That’s my answer, the number 2.
I lived without using a single time the MarketPlace during the CBT 2, I farmed what I wanted to farm when my GF was offline, all of my recipe, all of my drops (exept this tanu flower, killed 3k monsters before to surrender.)

Devs wants you to farm your PROPER GEARS.
Maybe you’ll don’t like to spend hours to kill a single monsters to get what you want, but, that’s not a korean game for nothing ? You’ll have to spend already 9000+ Hours to make many levels, that’s not 1000 more that will be a problem ?

That’s a way to make the game unique for each people, to force them to farm there piece of gears.
Like a Diablo.
Like a Vindictus.
Like any MMO-Hack-N-Slash to be honest.

Well, if the game will stay like that, that’s my opinion : I won’t be sad for this.
What’s more enjoyable that to get a FULL SETS of your own Hands ?

You got the choice to wait for TP to make money (A money that could be useless after many Million, since the cash drop was up-ped.)

BUT : I Must admit that :
In a game where guilds are really important, and where the game blocks you the way to trade your Money/Items between members, this is really a sh:tty Idea.

Ok to block COMPLETLY the trade. But they must allow a way to trade between Members by a Guild’s Chests or a way like this.
(Guild Chests in a Skills of a Templar (C1/C2), or by buying it.)

If they don’t do this, at this time, i’ll start to have some tears.

Don’t be sad all. That’s maybe just test after all. But I’m 70% it’ll stay like this if they think like I said.

Sorry for some parts that could be impossible to understand.

Best Regards.

3 Likes