Tree of Savior Forum

Game content is being locked behind paywall (26th April patch discussion)

I would consider this a valid reason if I haven’t seen private independent projects on private servers accomplish more with 1 coder working a job ontop of their project. This excuse is not going to fly in like a year after release and we see this looming problem.

I don’t even care about half this stuff and just would like to see my money invested into productive things like better net coding or using my PC to it’s full potential so I can actually play the game fighting bosses or PVP in crowded areas.

If they don’t do it someone else will and that’s a problem worse than the RMT right now for this game’s future. The F2P crowd will just move on and infest other games or servers so it won’t matter too much in the grand scheme of things. They should stop pissing off the paying people currently and why these changes are happening.

@nizidr

How is this a trend? How can you come to conclusions? Your making wild assumptions trying to get a rise, it’s not fair. You can’t tell direction without a MUCH bigger sample.

work in mcdonalds, get a life and buy token or gtfo, kids

You’re missing the point entirely if you think its about not having money. its about whether the company deserves money in the first place for the actions they’re doing, which they do not.

I work in a biotechnology company and I DON’T WANT token.
(I support the game buying cosmetics).

Stop with this childish responses, kids.

You guys need to get over the fact that this is a subscription game.
Be glad you can even get in game while my money is keeping the servers alive.

1 Like

[quote=“naowut, post:146, topic:216386, full:true”]
Be glad you can even get in game while my money is keeping the servers alive.
[/quote]:joy:

2 Likes

No, this isn’t a subscription game.

Says who? I think they do deserve it. Did you make a poll or something?

Keep thinking that you freeloader.

Freeloader? are you kidding?

too many kids here

would you rather wait until its too late?

Says me. As a potential customer, I see a lot of things wrong with the game, with all these things locked behind paywalls that in any MMORPG we would normally have.

I’m not going to give them money for things I don’t agree with. If enough people actually did that, they would be forced to change or the game would die.

As it is, I don’t expect this game to last long in a F2P setting anytime soon. The game’s not complete, still filled with bugs and poorly designed mechanics. Free players are treated terribly. The game should’ve been Buy To Play or Subscription based than having all these restrictions. Its a total mess as it is.

I suggest you take your Ragnarok Online nostalgia goggles off and see the game for what it really is before deciding whether to throw money into a game.

How can you be sure that a model which only sells cosmetics works? I don’t want an understaffed game

This isn’t a limit of access to the game’s content, just it’s economy and convenience functions. I agree team storage should be changed (silver xfer pretty please), but I think your complaint is a little over the top.

1 Like

Path of Exile does it and has been around for years.

I laugh so hard every time someone claims this is P2W, dude i fail to realize what super advantage are you getting from any of the premium items. If you even attempt to quote enchant scroll, please go read the forums on that.

TLDR: Someone took the time to use probability statistics to determine how much money it would take to get that perfect op enchant and it was around 1 million dollars so good luck with that P2W.

@nizidr OP

I think some of your assumption are solid based on the current trend IMC is following. At the same time they seem like you are trying to reach for something that might not be the case.

A few thing to keep in mind is that there is nothing wrong with them moving into a token oriented game with real perks. As it stands right now the token gives little incentive outside the trading, and market. The other things are rather trivial; yes extra dungeons, mission, and the likes is nice, but in no way is a big advantage over the non token(unless you want to start quoting irrelevant things like the chances of getting more gear). The exp boost self explanatory why is irrelevant.

I personally have no problem if they make a few, and i mean that literally in the sense of 1-2 maps at decent level intervals that are token only. It would allow those that buy the token an area that is less crowded than the F2P zones. I do not think those areas should offer better rewards, but maybe a better way to farm rare mats with less competition. Is pretty obvious that all of this is player theories and more than likely does not reflect what IMC plan to do in the future at all.

TLDR: I dont think they are heading in the wrong direction with wanting to make the token more desirable, increasing the perks it allows.

1 Like

Well, only time will tell. I’ve seen many predictions about games failing or dying and still having strong communities for years that I can’t really believe you. In my only circle of friends I see them satisfied and we are mostly hardcore players from multiple competitive games. Obviously the game has its flaws but I would call all this thread a little edgy.
I can agree with some points about the trade thing and stuff but as you see, they are experimenting with their model, they are adjusting things every patch and it’s proved that they listen to us.
They know about the trade issue, but they need to think about it. They want the token to work and it’s going to happen you like it or not

Yeah, like, Token is so hard to buy isnt it? 400k its ALOT OF m0Ns

Path of Exile. They for the longest time offered only cosmetics in the cash shop and made enough to support themselves because the core game play was good. GGG offered supporter packs over the years to bring about new things and the model has worked well. The game didn’t go without flaws and still has some, but they’ve ironed out a lot of the basic things which annoyed players from simply playing the game.

You could argue that some of the supporter packs which ranged from $30-$1000 at most to create a unique item or something special is pay to win, but in all honestly it was a clever idea on the developers part because it gave back to the community/donor different things.

Supporting a company is good, but only if they support the players back too in an effective way that doesn’t ruin the game.