Tree of Savior Forum

Game content is being locked behind paywall (26th April patch discussion)

So IMC started to put in-game content be only available to token users. Whats next?
Token-user-only maps with higher exp and drop rewards?
A token-user-only dungeon?

As a side note:

Shouldn’t this change be accompanied by increase of market slots for non-token users to 3-5?

From https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=356:

Finally, after considering the arguments stating that making team storage a premium feature is irrelevant to preventing gold sellers, we’ve decided to lessen the restrictions on this part. We will be modifying this feature for the upcoming patch.

but

[quote=“Staff_Julie, post:1, topic:215880”]
You still need to use a Token to access Team Storage; this requirement has not changed.[/quote]
self explanatory. Lack of clarity is IMC’s forte it seems.

13 Likes

Id gladly have a real-subscription based game so this complaining about free stuff would stop

29 Likes

Hmm. This isn’t exactly game content only available to token users. It’s shared storage only available to token users. That’s completely different from a section of the game/story being locked off from free users.

11 Likes

I don’t think anyone is dumb enough to think this is not a subscription game.

3 Likes

For the love of Laima IMC please increase market for NT players to at least 3. Doubling our token slots to 10 and keep their’s at 1 is a slap in the face to them.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

12 Likes

Might as well say: why do you complain when you can purchase your sub with ingame currency?

6 Likes

They want you to pay for the game. Consider free to play as more of a demo.

4 Likes

I like this game but i might be quitting…

• They haven’t given any word about whether 3rd party addons are allowed or not… and Tree of Savior is a VAC enabled game now

• Still tons of botters and spammers

• Really is becoming P2W as far as i can see… and I havent found anything worth selling to the marketplace in couple weeks now

• Way too much restrictions… i can deal with some but they just add more and more

2 Likes

Oh shut up you babby. You don’t need to get those collections and you knew the token gave access to team storage for months now.

12 Likes

Stahp giving me facts. They don’t help me sleep at night :cry:

3 Likes

that works to lol.

20 chars

[quote=“Endurance, post:9, topic:216386, full:true”]
I like this game but i might be quitting…

• They haven’t given any word about whether 3rd party addons are allowed or not… and Tree of Savior is a VAC enabled game now

• Still tons of botters and spammers

• Really is becoming P2W as far as i can see… and I havent found anything worth selling to the marketplace in couple weeks now

• Way too much restrictions… i can deal with some but they just add more and more
    [/quote]Leave and come back.
    I played mabinogi for like 1 weekend when it first released.
    Immediately stopped because the paywall was serious.

Came back 7 years later 'cos found it interesting.
Community mostly died but people have been whining all those 7 years and things have improved.

The so-called ‘paywall’ in this game is nothing compared to mabinogi of the past.
Inventory Plus Kit… Rebirth limitations… ugh.

1 Like
2 Likes

Collections are game content. There is no way around it.
Maybe they are just testing waters and then add something bigger later? It has been done before: Byalan 6th floor for VIPs only.

[quote=“acolyte, post:13, topic:216386”]
The so-called ‘paywall’ in this game is nothing compared to mabinogi of the past.[/quote]
ToS hasnt even truly released yet.

Hmmm you’re wrong.

• They said in previous post that Experience viewers was allowed. Since it’s the really needed addon, i don’t see what’s your problem with that point.
    -Botter and Spammers are in every games. They try to deal with it, let them construct their game around the europeans needs. It comes from Korea, the gold-selling/botting issue isn’t so dramatic for them.
    -Nothing worth selling to the marketplace ? Waw, you must be farming popolion all day long :smiley: Even low level mats can be sold for quite much :slight_smile:
    -Most trade restrictions will be gone tomorrow with patch for token users, that’s a big point (market slot up to 10, no more trade restriction for mats and no trade restriction for team storage). I’ve had the impression to play a F2P since the beggining because of these questions, now they fixed it, nothing to complain about. The pay to win aspect cannot be defend since only rez orbs have to be bought in TP market, but it’s not even needed later if you’re not lazy enough to come back :smiley: Tokens can be bought at marketplace, for a quite miserable amount of silver (500k is nothing in this game)
3 Likes

It would’ve been a paywall if there was no option to buy token in AH. But, since such option exists, it’s more a matter of choosing how to obtain these features: with real life currency or ingame currency.

2 Likes

Hmm because there’s collections that specifically enhance something that’s only available via having a token? I see.

The thing is though, the first goal of any free player ( in my book ) should be to make enough money to buy a token off the market. Currently, this isn’t very hard. It makes any ‘paywall’ less of a thing, since a free player can get a token without too much effort.

I’m more concerned about them adding things into the TP shop that can’t be sold on the market, and effect gameplay / competition. The only thing they’ve done so far to this effect has been the Magic Scrolls, which I’m pretty unhappy about.

1 Like

Yeah nice ideas. I actually wouldnt mind token users having some extra channels to grind in. :slight_smile: You cant have everything for free in this world baby.If a game doesnt have equips you can buy from cash shop people will just FIND something that can be complained to be p2w. Its like this in every game even if it wasnt p2w (like ToS).

1 Like

[quote=“nizidr, post:15, topic:216386, full:true”][quote=“acolyte, post:13, topic:216386”]
The so-called ‘paywall’ in this game is nothing compared to mabinogi of the past.[/quote]
ToS hasnt even truly released yet.
[/quote]You could say the same for the first month of mabinogi.
I couldn’t see much past lv20/age 20 without paying.
Might as well call it early access.

I can say the same for 80% of the games out there coming out into ‘open beta’ and dumping paywalls.