Tree of Savior Forum

Game content is being locked behind paywall (26th April patch discussion)

I don’t believe it will change. If there’s a way to legit transfer $ -> silver, people will be doing it via tokens in the market. If we look at EVE as an example ( another game which allows its subscription to be sold on the market ), it still stayed at a reasonable price for someone to generate enough income to pay with in-game currency towards their subscription.

The way the economy is currently operating, it should be possible to farm items and sell them ( even at inflated rates ) to keep up with the inflation of token prices. Also of course, supply/demand will cause the price to change accordingly, as it becomes more worthwhile for people to buy/sell tokens, more will do it.

I’m assuming tokens will reach 1.5m - 2m. With low level items that you can farm to sell to higher level players, that amount still isn’t too hard to reach at lvl ~130. The downside is that you have to stop and actually concentrate on saving money.

Either way, I’m honestly in the boat of people who would prefer the game to be strictly subscription, and believe that most of the problems with the game come from the game being a mash of f2p/sub. I don’t really mind if people are forced to pay, but I also don’t think they are atm. Even if the price of tokens goes to 2m, it would take about 1-2 days of farming ( at lower levels ) to raise that amount of money.

[quote=“Fuzzy, post:49, topic:216386, full:true”]
Tokens from the DLC aren’t.
Tokens from the TP shop are.

Have you not even looked once at the market?!
[/quote]tokens from the dlc aren’t??
I was worrying I’d miss this but if so I’m not worried then.
I thought some people tried to imply it is.

After all if needed I can shell some change, the time I waste grinding in game $$ could be used for me resting and working more effectively to give more real life $$ to buy dem tokens. ($20?)

Lv155, shitty rng luck, played for 3 weeks, got only 300k silver :’( don’t even got an arde
Spent some on attributes

Not sure how you guys grind and get 500k in 2 hours and still can catch up with the speed people playing… I usually see those kind of people spending their whole day playing

ANY MMOs with private servers -100% free

Oh, you mean without ^ this?

LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) and DDO (Dungeon&Dragons Online)
Both of these require either:
tons and TONS of $$ cash to purchase every bit of content
sub that give access to most content

OR
serious grind to get cash shop currency -TP (turbine points)
Yes, you can grind to purchase entire game if you want to do that (like year of grinding)

btw LOTRO and DDO are not “pure” F2P. instead they are “freemium”
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/F/freemium.html

Any F2P Valve game ever?

Gabe is drowning in money from cosmetics alone.

Tell me. Are you an idiotic donut?

Finally, after considering the arguments stating that making team storage a premium feature is irrelevant to preventing gold sellers, we’ve decided to lessen the restrictions on this part. We will be modifying this feature for the upcoming patch.

WTF

IMC is taunting their customers. Incredible.
I’m done with this game and with the ■■■■■■■ restrictions.

I WANT BUY ONLY COSMETICS. Not the ■■■■■■■ token.

■■■■ you IMC and ■■■■ TOS

Bye.

1 Like

But they know how the western market works.

Weird. I played 2 weeks lvl 128 now.
I bought a 220k +5 grand spontoon at lvl75.
300k on +5 Zega spear at lvl 120.
380k on token.
Spent money on level 50 Gungho n Concentrade attribute and others, and also both lvl10 plate n leather mastery.
Never get Arde dagger also, I got 250k now(the grand spontoon still hvnt sell).

The quest and daily dungeon really give much money for you…and don’t forget to claim the adventure journal bonus.

I did.
But I never got that much money.
I got lv50 blessing, lv20 Double Punch, lv20 plate mastery, and I still need 30 or so levels of plate mastery so I can get more stamina for my double punch. That will cost me another 600k or so.

Plus I talked to every NPC and explored maps so I got quite a good level on the NPC/maps reward on the adventure journal.

When I was lv75, I got 160k. Spent most of them on blessing (about 200k total for lv50)

Also I run 6 dungeons a day, the 3 fedimian ones and whatever fits my level (50/90/115/130/145). They don’t give much money.

Oh I also buy Holy Powder, Gyslotis, and Stamina Pills, but those shouldn’t cost -that- much.

imc is running a business not a charity , b2p without the trading restrictions and team storage restriction is the way to go, let the token remain but I think the movement speed should be removed

Now if only there were a way to buy a token without having to purchase another Founder’s Pack.

1 Like

Added to 1st post. Thx for reminding this part.

[quote=“theseaver, post:69, topic:216386, full:true”]
Now if only there were a way to buy a token without having to purchase another Founder’s Pack.
[/quote]Silver?

Where is that video…?
Oh here it is!

4 Likes

Dude, just STFU and pay. There’s no such thing as a 100% free game in this world.

1 Like

What items sell for 350 - 500k, so I can get enough to purchase a token?

And still waiting free trade:

We are planning on allowing Non-Token users to partake in 1:1 trading.

But I only saw one thing… LIES.

I was surprised a lot.

[quote=“theseaver, post:74, topic:216386, full:true”]
What items sell for 350 - 500k, so I can get enough to purchase a token?
[/quote]Some recipes, some item drops that has like 0.5% drop rate, and once you get to lv90, you can skip any other dungeon and run lv90 dungeons every single day for Arde chance.

If you have all the time in the world, go make like as many alts as you can, get them to lv90, and boss rush lv90 dungeon everyday for infinite ardes.
I think market price for Arde in Orsha is around 900k right now.

1 Like

you should go and read upcoming patchnotes.

2 Likes

cry a river u loser… its not something u are required to do. or anything else its not a paywall its a way of giving premium features to those who pay… if u dont like it just ■■■■ off kid.

and go play wow.
ops Wow is also behind a paywall u loser.
ops rift is also and so is tera…

your logic is such a fail lol.