Tree of Savior Forum

Game content is being locked behind paywall (26th April patch discussion)

Ok, I screamed like a little girl before reaching the end =D

http://i.imgur.com/pp6rnLr.jpg
But muh daggers.

Just wait for the day that they add Dungeon Reset on cash shop.
But that wonā€™t change anything because f2p can still go am I right?

• paywall
  • p2w
  • negative steam reviews

:joy:

Thanks for the info! Iā€™ll see if I can motivate myself to do just that, butā€¦ I dunno, it kind of defeats the purpose of me playing this game. I do enough hard work at my job :confounded:

@ all those advising to buy token and also
@ all pretending-to-be adults calling names

i have NEVER ever said i dont have a token. So you are looking a little bit silly here.

This thread is not about ability to buy or availability of tokens. It is about trend that could possibly make this game unattractive to F2P crowd and without them game will die or in a year or 2 you will have ā€œfunā€ during castle sieges among few 2.5-man guilds (exaggeration).

[quote=ā€œtheseaver, post:85, topic:216386, full:trueā€]Thanks for the info! Iā€™ll see if I can motivate myself to do just that, butā€¦ I dunno, it kind of defeats the purpose of me playing this game. I do enough hard work at my job :confounded:
[/quote]Yeah thatā€™s why for the people who have money but not time, those are what the paid services are for.
And they are tradable in market so the kids who have time and donā€™t have money can spend their time more in game and play for their premium stuff.

Though they could clean the yard or mow the lawn or massage their parents for some $$?

[quote=ā€œnizidr, post:86, topic:216386, full:trueā€]unattractive to F2P crowd and without them game will die or in a year or 2 [/quote]People complained a lot about mabinogi NA being p2p and p2w even though it was advertised as f2p.
Game still have decent community after 8 years and making steady profit.

Nah, never would worry about this.
They can play wow or something else, and face more issues.

2 Likes

I donā€™t get it though. You canā€™t say that the token benefits are too restrictive to f2p players, while also ignoring the fact that a f2p player can easily raise in-game money to buy a token.

Anyone serious enough to want to compete in GvG should be able to take the time to farm enough silver to buy a token on the market.

1 Like

If they donā€™t take any of this money and invest in better servers the negative reviews are going to flood in again along with all this stuff. What someone else mentioned about the whole private server thing is absolutely true too. Everything this company has tried to do is just in shambles right now. Someone else will gladly take their money to provide something better which is sad because I want them to do well.

They really need to clean up their image, code, and network at this point.

IN MY HONEST OPINION,

Thou, I am biased on subscription based game. I donā€™t think the move that IMC did was a pay-to-win at all. I played both pay-to-play and free-to-play games, so I have a pretty good feel about communities in both games.

I feel like free-to-play has a lot of problems(bots/gold sellers) in it and Itā€™s pretty hard to contain those problems since they can easily access the game. Unlike with pay-to-play games are able to bottle neck it somehow. I know not all pay-to-play games(eg. WoW,FF) arenā€™t immune to those problems that exist in free-to-play games. But I strongly feel that pay-to-play ensures or at least make the community decent to say the least.

lol itā€™s just a month for ā€˜Early Accessā€™
Iā€™ve seen much worse. And they still survive.

Who would take their money? Why is this forum full of whiners?
Most of them still play the game but too busy flaming in forums.
How many people here kept saying ā€˜Iā€™m going to leaveā€™ yet still spend hours and hours in the game?

A funny post the other day is one of the steam reviews with someone saying they are sick of the brazilians, gave negative reviews, slanders tos, spent 200 hours in the game anyway and was currently logged in a couple weeks later.

As someone who works in a tech company, these stuff donā€™t take 1 day to fix.
And people have lives. Otherwise how can I be here working while spamming the forums o_O

why would you even mention private servers wtf. No developer will ever gain money from private servers, and that means NO GAME, NO UPDATES and then it means NO FUTURE for the genre. You think
(we) developers work for free?

You people are a bunch of crying babies. Even if the price of token raises to 1-2m you can farm it easily, if you canā€™t why do you even play. Itā€™s a kMMO you NEED time to play. If you donā€™t have the time itā€™s because you have a job then this isnā€™t a problem to you.

If you want casual content go to play GW2 or something

[quote=ā€œwajak84, post:90, topic:216386, full:trueā€]
Unlike with pay-to-play games are able to bottle neck it somehow. I know not all pay-to-play games(eg. WoW,FF) arenā€™t immune to those problems that exist in free-to-play games. But I strongly feel that pay-to-play ensures or at least make the community decent to say the least.
[/quote]Let me give you an actual example in reality that actually supports thisā€¦
When I picked an apartment complex, I didnā€™t choose the cheapest apartment complex because they tend to have more dubious charactersā€¦ Paid just like 20% more than the lowest in the area and this community has much less dubious charactersā€¦
Is this community free of retards or crimes? No, but itā€™s significantly less :dizzy_face:

The one guy running a private server from the open source server software which is currently out there? They open their own little shops and make money just like the original company.

Why are you here whining not playing yourself?

Well gee. If I didnā€™t like the gameā€™s concept I would have left 2 betas ago? Itā€™s only been as of recently with this launch they put in all this stuff nobody really likes at all. Iā€™m not the one complaining about this topic on tokens because Iā€™ve got money to spend or can control myself to save 350-500k for one if itā€™s that important.[quote=ā€œacolyte, post:91, topic:216386ā€]
A funny post the other day is one of the steam reviews with someone saying they are sick of the brazilians, gave negative reviews, slanders tos, spent 200 hours in the game anyway and was currently logged in a couple weeks later.
[/quote]

Funny you mention that and if people actually did spend time playing this game instead of not playing the game complaining about the people who play and complain you would know. People were angry at Brazil because:

A.) They were going to get their own server but cried about it.
B.) They were going to get their own publisher but cried about it.
C.) They literally crashed the servers in iCB2 with shouts. It was publically addressed in IMC about them being racist and fighting amongst themselves if you donā€™t believe me.

So thereā€™s kind of a reason albeit bad ones for why people are upset. That along with the plethora of other things which have been here for over 6 months now. They rushed this release and basically have started cramming in a bunch of stuff nobody really wanted and started taking away things they do want for money which is paywalling.

Again, you would know this all if you spent 800 hours in the game not 0 trolling the forums of peopleā€™s legit complaints. It was a good game until the fire nation attacked taking away mob spawns, trading, dungeons, and proper box drop tables.

Thats wrong. It happened before the early access but after ICBT 2 but you would have had to been playing on Ktos to know that.

[quote=ā€œophiuchu, post:94, topic:216386, full:trueā€]
Why are you here whining not playing yourself?
[/quote]At workā€¦ Can you help me escape?

Waiting for simulations to finishā€¦

Excuuuuuuuuse me princess. Basically Iā€™m saying it was a change from between what ever you want to call this and iCBT2. Itā€™s made people mad and simply could have been fixed by having a sub and being real with people saying you need money to develop. Not the stupid route they took trying to make it seem like tokens and restrictions help fight RMT or they removed spawns because people complained about grinding when it was for server loads really.

[quote=ā€œophiuchu, post:97, topic:216386, full:trueā€]
Excuuuuuuuuse me princess. [/quote]I feel the need to poke fun at this but I donā€™t know how.

Im not disagreeing i argue about these changes frequently. Im simply saying inaccurate information is inaccurate.

Filthy communists, wants everything for free. Disgusting.

1 Like