Tree of Savior Forum

Game content is being locked behind paywall (26th April patch discussion)

Team storage should be expandable only for TP and character storage for silver and with those collections. THAT would have made way more sense than how it is now. Even is character storage expansion price is started at 500k-1mil per 1st row and doubled for every additional expansion bought.

1 Like

This would also double as a additional silver sink for the game.

1 Like

I heard about that, but I started playing Mabi 3 years ago. Iā€™m glad (rebirth once per day/week), but I also have many regrets (more people, moongates available only at night lol, G1, G2, G3 full story, higher difficulty).

But even a bit bugged and needing optimization, Mabi is still great to me.
:heart:

they could even reduce starting storage space by 3 rows (that you regain with collections on all your characters).

So many options and they choose the least logical one.

Paying with TP for per-character storage expansion in a game that promotes class rerolls and playing with different classesā€¦ meh.

The general out-of-the-box protection is just for modifying the clientā€™s memory (And maybe packet-related manipulation, although I doubt it) with any of the public programs out there running on your computer at the same time as the protected game. Anything further than that would have to be approved as cheating/unacceptable by IMC themselves, as Valve doesnā€™t get to decide if an add-on that allows you to 100% complete maps easier is bannable.

Iā€™m sure IMC would come out and say for themselves if any of the current publicly-released ones are added to the Nope-list, instead of just doing it and letting potentially thousands get banned in the wave later on.

It actually looks that way to me @ Forcing materials to become untradeable-- anything would become untradeable. Although this really is a problem even if materials can be traded only once, since Bots would buy Talt from the Market (And/or farm it from low-level dungeons once theyā€™re high enough) and then 1:1 that to their clients. Hopefully 1:1 non-Token trade has the same ā€œ30 Windows per monthā€ restrict that Token users have.

i honestly hope that goes away and they find a better option.

[quote=ā€œFuzzy, post:40, topic:216386, full:trueā€]Or you could even just play the game and get a token from the market for no real money.
[/quote]

Sorry for asking, but is it really possible? Just curious. I thought tokens werenā€™t tradeable in any way.
Again, sorry for the silly question, Iā€™d just like to know how it worksā€¦

They canot do that because materials, recipes, consumables bought from market become untradeable anyway. Maybe equips you trade with non-token users in 1:1 transaction will become untradeable from now on as well.

Tokens from the DLC arenā€™t.
Tokens from the TP shop are.

Have you not even looked once at the market?!

Your choices : - Buy to play.
-Pay to play.
-Free To Play , with real money can buy items used to upgrade gear , etc ā€¦ (aka Pay to Win)
-Free to Play , with real money to buy costumes , premium user with benefits .
Whats next?
Asking for a Charity company ?

2 Likes

No. Iā€™m waiting for the F2P release, but this was just for my own knowledge.
Also thanks for the clarification :grin:

Just stop nagging. Come on, token really cheap now in market. U only need around 500k for 1month. U are not force to use real money to buy it.

Againā€¦ Team Storage is a feature that would IMO make more sense as a one-time payment (similar to extra character slots) rather than something temporary a pseudo-subscription gives you access to.

thats not what this thread is about.

Hahaha, how you think that mmorpg F2P works?
Really, why have so much people crying about token benefits?
Say only one mmorpg 100% free, please say it to me.
In all F2P games have some features that you need pay, without real money features the game go broken and HEY IN TOS YOU CAN BUY TOKENS FOR SILVER, REALLY BROW U CAN BUY TOKEN FOR 0 REAL MONEY.
IMO token benefits still need better.

[quote=ā€œPsicoHobbit, post:55, topic:216386ā€]
Say only one mmorpg 100% free, please say it to me.
[/quote]
ProgressQuest.

1 Like

You can make money for a token in under 2 hours. Do people not realize stuff that drops OFTEN from level 5-30 mobs drop items worth 150k-300k?

2 hours of grinding per month to get subscription.

Really hard stuff guys.

2 Likes

Oh come on. Itā€™s still founder server. If you wish to play without paying anything, then this game may not suitable for you.

Btw, the token can buy from Market, only cost 500k (some below this).
If you do the quest and dungeon daily, it is easily to get 500k what.
So, just get a token and get those benefits. You will like it.

I donā€™t believe it will change. If thereā€™s a way to legit transfer $ -> silver, people will be doing it via tokens in the market. If we look at EVE as an example ( another game which allows its subscription to be sold on the market ), it still stayed at a reasonable price for someone to generate enough income to pay with in-game currency towards their subscription.

The way the economy is currently operating, it should be possible to farm items and sell them ( even at inflated rates ) to keep up with the inflation of token prices. Also of course, supply/demand will cause the price to change accordingly, as it becomes more worthwhile for people to buy/sell tokens, more will do it.

Iā€™m assuming tokens will reach 1.5m - 2m. With low level items that you can farm to sell to higher level players, that amount still isnā€™t too hard to reach at lvl ~130. The downside is that you have to stop and actually concentrate on saving money.

Either way, Iā€™m honestly in the boat of people who would prefer the game to be strictly subscription, and believe that most of the problems with the game come from the game being a mash of f2p/sub. I donā€™t really mind if people are forced to pay, but I also donā€™t think they are atm. Even if the price of tokens goes to 2m, it would take about 1-2 days of farming ( at lower levels ) to raise that amount of money.

[quote=ā€œFuzzy, post:49, topic:216386, full:trueā€]
Tokens from the DLC arenā€™t.
Tokens from the TP shop are.

Have you not even looked once at the market?!
[/quote]tokens from the dlc arenā€™t??
I was worrying Iā€™d miss this but if so Iā€™m not worried then.
I thought some people tried to imply it is.

After all if needed I can shell some change, the time I waste grinding in game $$ could be used for me resting and working more effectively to give more real life $$ to buy dem tokens. ($20?)

Lv155, shitty rng luck, played for 3 weeks, got only 300k silver :ā€™( donā€™t even got an arde
Spent some on attributes

Not sure how you guys grind and get 500k in 2 hours and still can catch up with the speed people playingā€¦ I usually see those kind of people spending their whole day playing