Tree of Savior Forum

Game content is being locked behind paywall (26th April patch discussion)

I hope more feature will be restrict and need token to use it. Token easy to get now.

I hope you also sleep under your bed to protect yourself. Just use common sense with addons and you will be just fine.

Most people play dumb, but they know exactly what is fine and what not from a moral standpoint :wink:

@IMC Implement VVIP status where you pay 2 tokens per month but get your own grind channel anywhere. Thanks!

I thought we were having a nice conversation. With that attitude you seem afraid to say what you really think

Sometimes we can agree and sometimes we won’t, but why would you waste your time playing passive-aggresive here? It’s just opinions at the end of the day. What you do doesn’t bring anything to the discussion

I can be wrong with my point of view but that’s why you share with others, so you can point it out and let me know in a nice way

Sorry in advance for my english

How is increased team storage game content?
Team storage was usable by token users anyway. The increase of team storage space is just a convencience, so people don’t have to constantly relogin between characters just to transfer 3 items. Or do you say it’s “game content” because it is a collection?

How is it bad that token users can now sell more items?
It just makes using tokens more worth using. I know that non-token users still can only sell 1 item, but thats a restriction i think is acceptable for playing a good game for free! You do realize the developers also need money to live, right? Developers bills are not getting paid by happy thoughts from players who play for free, these people need money to live. So there is nothing wrong in making tokens more worth using.

It’s not like they are introducing additional subscription-like cashshop items that we need to buy for real money, they just improve the tokens that we already have (and use). If they introduced a “token mk2” with the feature “if you buy a token AND a token mk2 then you will have all these improvements” then i’d agree that it’d be a greed cashgrab. However since we wont have to spend more money other than the tokens that we already use and still get improved features i see nothing wrong with it. Essentially we’ll get more convenience and more features for the same money.

For non-token users nothing changed to the worse. Quite the contrary : the trade changes make it a bit more convenient for non-token users aswell.

Exactly. Whatever you do there will always be problems.

The subscription base on the game isn’t even that expensive too. so I don’t know what these kids are whining about. You can even trade the token now even without the use of AH. so i don’t know whats pay-to-win there. Also it’s pretty cheap if you buy it in-game. 300-500k isn’t hard to farm even if you’re new to this game.

1 Like

Last time I checked you can get tokens for 300-400k on the market which doesn’t take much time and effort to farm if you know what you’re doing. So in saying that I don’t understand where your argument comes from. Plus if you enjoy this game you shouldn’t be complaining that they are offering more reasons for people to support it so it doesn’t just die off from going bankrupt. The only valid argument when it comes to paid content is if it’s only available with real money and gives the user an unfair advantage.

Reading through all these posts, I can say for sure once F2P hits, the tokens will no longer be at 300k-500k range. In fact it will balloon up to at least a million (maybe more).

Reason? It’s simple 101 Economics really. If there is demand for it, supply will decrease, and if supply decreases, prices will go up.

Also I don’t really care much for the team storage (it is good that they remove the potential and stuff), since I don’t see myself playing more than one character. However, that does not mean I disagree with OP’s post, I rather players have free access to Team Storage and then limit said storage slots.

I feel like we’re all slowly realizing how IMC does things and it bothers us deeply.

This isn’t a direct reply, but more of a general reply to everyone who used the point that token makes it all okay.

You people do realize that this game is still in exclusive access, right? When the true F2P crowd comes in, the demand for these tokens will skyrocket and the price as well. Then it won’t be so easy to get all of a sudden.

Unless, of course, the players who plan on buying tokens on the marketplace is okay with playing the game for a few months then quitting due to tokens being too expensive to buy without farming excessively for it.

It’s not a paywall if you can buy the tokens with in-game currency. It’s not even expensive. Grind a bit and you can buy your own token for 30 days. It’s that simple.

Those who can afford it pay for it like a sub-based game, while the rest can grind for it in-game. Prices will go up, but so will the means of getting silver for free players at higher levels. Overall, it’s basic time vs money. That’s a fairly balanced system from my pov.

Sorry bruh but you are a month late. Before this patch 1:1 trading was only possible with tokens too, and in fact team storage was only usable via a token as well.
This is not something that got implemented just now.
Alas i agree however that basic functions of a game such as trading should not be, behind a paywall. What would be next? Changing resolution or the UI for 10$ ? How about no.

TL;DR:
Recommending IMC to rethink the notion of basically selling basic game features to players. Especially on things that play a role in forming a community, such as trading.
Not being able to freely trade items with my friends is still one of my grievances.

they need to improve some things for non-token users. but still tokens are cheap. you could buy one around lvl 90-125. depends how you use your silver

I haven’t bought a single token with tp yet look at my inventory.
On top of that token doesn’t even give huge benefits, and that’s all it does, it gives benefits not exclusive game features. TP was spent on scrolls if anyone would be wondering.
http://puu.sh/ov4rd/cdacbc2a99.jpg
TL;DR op is retarded.

2 Likes

F2P whore, go grind silver to buy token!

Trade is not a game content. It is a tool to interact with other players. Trade restrictions are just inconvenience (to the point it makes some of your characters like alchemist and simony-pardoner useless for yourself tho).

Collections on the other hand ARE game content - they are in-game items that you have to fill using other in-game items and getting something out of it. Mini-quest or achievement of sorts. Making benefits for token only users is a definition of Premium-only content and there is nothing that shows they wont continue to tread this path. Hence the topic (with a little bit baiting title and OP).

Actually quality variously-themed UI styles are something that IMC should really invest a little bit more of their time into. They are as important as costumes and dont provide any benefit (unless they put “premium” features unique to those UI).

I would like to go on an adventure with you to show you how much more trading is, because what you did right now is to describe trading like the ingame chat.
But fine, would it be okay then for the devs to put a price tag on using the chat itself? You know, because its just a tool to interact with other players and an “inconvenience”.

Trading is directly linked to game content btw because right on your next point, you underline this twice over:

I do not understand why it was needed to make this strawman distinction between a feature and an ingame item saying that one is content and the other is not.

1 megaphone = 1 TP is a price tag for using global chat. Already in game. Twice as expensive compared to kTos btw (where TP regen is 1 every 2 hours).

?? who cares about your biotech job? kids

@nizidr How many f2p games have you played?

Account shared stash is generally a premium feature if it exists within the game at all.

Their statement on lessening restrictions is not aimed towards those unwilling to get token to unlock the feature to begin with.

We’re frankly lucky it’s part of token benefits and doesn’t have it’s own 30-Day Shared Stash coupons like other f2p games.

1 Like