Tree of Savior Forum

Game access is restricted

Hi , i want to ask about something. What about the indonesian player that study abroad?? there’s a lot of indonesian who study abroad and play from another country ( for me in US ) When we go back at summer so we cannot play our character ??

How about Philippine players??! Why can’t we even patch the game?

Did you buy the pack when you were -still- in the states?

You’re using local internet connection, I presume? If you’re in the states, you’re good. When you go back home during summer break, you’re restricted. Don’t leave the dorm.

So it’s not the people, or the race; it’s the IP.

Let me just put this out here. That contract IMC signed with Gemscool is just a straight up horribly bad decision. I honestly think IMC signed that contract without doing a thorough background check on how Gemscool really operate, treat their customers and the game community. I won’t be complaining on just how terrible Gemscool or any other local publishers here in Indonesia do because it’ll be endless.

When they announced the news that Gemscool will be publishing ToS with a contract, I already cringed very hard. Then the my local Steam store blocks out the ToS game, I was sad and ready to just give up. But then a glorious ray of hope when the gift was redeemable for the whole SEA region and I have the chance to actually play this game. It’s fun and relaxing albeit some bugs and restrictions in some stuff that doesn’t make sense I enjoy it nevertheless.

Then this happen… I saw this coming since the news that the CONTRACT was signed, but still… It really makes me feel disappointed. I just hope whatever IMC decides to do with this issue will result in me (and other people with the same problem) being able to keep playing the Steam version.

TL;DR : I’d rather just give up on this game than to be forced to play the Indonesian server.

2 Likes

well, I’m not entirely sure about that. somewhere up there Julie said that the team have to manually ban people with access history from indonesian IP. I think it would be best for him to actually contact the staff trough support ticket or e-mail

hahaha _ #bestjoke2016_

for u guys who still intend to play the game with vpn.
i think, vpn could help if this game is not affiliated with steam. In the end i just dont want to risk my steam id for being so stubborn as f. anw, just be careful pals for using vpns. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

to imc staffs.
actually can’t blame you guys for more than “accidentally” opening server for indonesian ip address, buying the games is wrong, gifted the game is not right also. but cmon… is it really a no to let us play? because i think we ppl who bought/gifted is also “accidentally (or maybe not)” your customer, i assume. a dedicated ignorant customer :yum:

i won’t say anything more, u published it … but didn’t u expect smth like this could happen?.. and i’m sure it’s kinda predictable moves since u announced that indonesia ip address cannot purchase the game. idk what kind of agreement you made with the local publisher of indonesia, still i suggest u guys to reopen the negotiation regarding to this problem. that, If u guys really consider us as ur customer. :blush:

ah yes just.in.case.
if somehow the local publisher “GemsSugoi” ppl , marketing , finance or whatsoever they’re called seeing my post here. u know wht mate, u’r not getting me play in ur server not cz u’ve had bad reputation for managing games (since every publisher here also doing stupid for managing games)… but for behave like an ignorant runts in “Panic Mode” and steal what ppl once had here… don’t u guys have a shame? rly. :angry:

sr for bad words and messed up english. just a lttle girl longing for goddess vakarine exepensive service. :stuck_out_tongue:
anw , thx for the exoerience ! been fun .
if it is still came out as a NO

*#nohardfeelings #feelsgoodman

1 Like

Ok, so how about those that are affected due to this IP-block? Also about the server transfer, I still need to empty out the market and personal storage. Are the items going to be transferred too? And about the compensation. It’s been almost 20hrs now since this happened.

RIP my money, what a scam. Im going to give this game a bad review now

1 Like

actually i think what randy said is not wrong. it is not the account related issue, not even the access history. it is pure the ip address matter. it is possible to play the game from indonesia if the isp you used not considered as one from indonesia or it is not yet registered by IMC games, as one of them.
i think , it would be best for that “study abroad guy” is to spend the summer with families rather than playing ToS . since vpn is risky, and affording a static ip from local isp is not cheap. #elegiggle #jk

okay…about this…i just want to know 1 thing really…if…IF…if ToS indonesia happen to be close(which im sure the game wont last long because of cancerous pulisher)…would you remove the ipblock?because im pretty sure you guys wont do this…indonesian publisher is money grabbing company…give it 1 year…and the game would be crumbling already…so…back to my question…if tos indonesia happen to be close…would you unlock the ipblock?

If Indonesia is IP-Locked . U should prevent Indonesian IP from Loging into the game from the time early access began . In this situation right now, dozen of non-Indonesian players who were in Indonesia (school ETC) already bought the game . Especially when the Gift says it can be redeemed in Indonesia .

2 Likes

Hi,
Im a Malaysian who travels to Indonesia for business trips every month.
I bought my founder pack in Malaysia but I do wish i could play during my stay in Indonesia as well.
Thanks

I am glad i didn’t jump on the “VPN” train,

i almost did back in the days, Hell, i actually bought the Founder’s Pack before i refunded it before it starts ( lucky me )

i can understand the upset of the Indonesians player that got ban this week,

but what can i say? you just have to accept the truth and move on to the Local server, it might not be as bad as you think.

1 Like

and play with bot all day since gemsnotcool doesnt give a fk about their player, all their care about is money money money money money money money money

all hail bot gemsnotcool lmfao

so true, this is the problem some people like me study abroad from another country and when we back to indonesia… damnn :smiley: we cant play

1 Like

Yes of course IMC and Gemscool had some agreements. But what i dont understand, if one of their agreement was banned Indonesia’s IP from SEA server, then IMC should had banned Indonesia from the start. But the gift was redeemable here in Indonesia. Thats what i dont understand.

If this agreement come later after Gemscool realize a lot of Indonesian players would choose SEA’s server instead them, its totally bullshit then…

It just so unfair, we redeemed the gift (paid for the early access), we didnt break any rules, since the gift was redeemable in Indonesia, but we cant play it now. After all the money we spent, the time and the passion and love we put into this game… all the efforts…

pls consider about it IMC. I hope its just temporary ban till you guys find a good solution…

1 Like

says you, can’t you see that the iTOS also has bots?

don’t be naive, bots are everywhere, and one can only hope that they will do good against bot like IMC does.

Exactly the point my friend.
This specific Indonesia local publisher is amazingly slow in responding to this kind of situations. Look at the other previous game they’ve had. Look how it fared.
It becomes P2W, cheats and bots everywhere, very slow banning progress.

Seriously they won’t even be 1% of how IMC operates where they constantly watch the game environment and bans stuff fast.

Though it makes me sad that I’ve paid for this and now I got banned as well…

FYI, no one here is using VPN
Majority here got a gift from other countries that clearly state that the game is REDEEMABLE IN INDONESIA
And for myself, i can even play without VPN because IMC didnt ip-block us from the start