Tree of Savior Forum

Full Dark DPS Wizard Build: Wiz 3 > Linker > Sorc 2 > Warlock explained in details

in respond to some of ur question 3 and 4

i am a wiz3>link1>sorc2>WL

wiz 3 is good becos u will need magic missle to deal most of the dmg, it has a decent cd for u to spam too.
not to forget quick cast for 50% magic dmg boost|so quick cast + magic missile = everything high chance is dead ,linking makes it even quicker
kinda ur main skill till u get ur bats and ur WL skills

as for sorc/linker/WL
ur link helps u deal more dmg to multi target,and wat i mention above ,
quick cast + invocation boosts the dmg of ur bats(dark element from sorc) , Dark Theurge(dark element from WL) and Pole of Agony(dark element also from WL)

so WL actually help boost all the dark element spells u have
dishing out a lot of dps,BUT this path is more for single target,
great for boss, decent for up to 5+ mobs,bad for anything above 10.

pvp wise,itā€™s good,i wont tell u how good.
u go try it out when u get it :3

and sorc 2 would give u the ability to use summon when u dont feel like spamming spells or do the Double TS skill switching skill spam.

u wil feel really bored during ur early stage of lvling,
but once u reach sorc 2,that is where the fun begins :smiley:

sorc and WL syntheses very well with each other

and personally i havet o thanks @moises_andre12 for suggesting it in the sorc mega tread.

@moises_andre12
so your saying that upto lvl 280 its still viable to go full con cryo3 sorc2 warlock since the TS damage wont be that different with int?

@mp4290905_25650568

For lvl 10 Summoning (TS), the difference between Full CON and 100 CON + rest INT TS at lvl 280 will be around 1,772 atk.

TS 10star base atk is around 1447~.

You decide if that counts as ā€œwonā€™t be that differentā€.

@mp4290905_25650568

At level 280 you will double TS attack by investing points in INT, that is not a lot of difference IF you consider how bad cryo damage actualy is and how much HP you get.

At level 600 80% of your summonā€™s attack will come from INT if you have it high enough, up there is when you may feel like full CON was not the best path.

Just remember Cryo 3 is not focused on DPS and you lose quickcast to have it, so you shouldnā€™t be expecting to be a DPS oriented Sorcerer.

Iā€™d go with high INT anyway and use SPpotions as my quickcast with the new card system probably.

@chaklian20

Thanks for the reply! I like it how you said you wonā€™t tell how good it is on pvp.

To clarify: one of these days iā€™ve beat a Cryo3/Kino3 with 32k+HP at level 250~, he said he had never lost a duel and was pretty surprised by how strong my damage burst was.

1 Like

@moises_andre12
I was not aiming to be a high dps cryosorc but just enough to level up my toon its more on a support cryo in pvp with decent damage from TS the character is mostly for pvp and I know cryo damage sucks and like I said all damage will come from warlock skill and I know it ROCKS in pvpā€¦ I have currently added 155 points on CON for a total of 169 on 20k HP with no end game equips yet and I am having a second though weather to continue adding con or just put the rest on int and just wondering if I can also produce damage like a full con elem warlock build though I know I donā€™t have 50% magic ampli form QCā€¦

@mp4290905_25650568

Then Sorc is a very good option, only good sorcerers understand everything the class really brings to the game. Also has ok damage without INT while not demanding a lot of time on your skill rotation.

Both Cryo and Kino got hard nerfs so I think this build is one of the best wizard builds for PvP to be honest.

Sorcerer brings a lot of utility, Familiar are chosen before you on control skills like TK or Druidā€™s control. Also takes damage for you and receive most of the CC /AoE attack ratio. Summoning doesnā€™t recieve any sort of CC and you can even use his skills while frozen.

INT is a very solid way for a Sorcerer, at level 600 you wonā€™t feel like is very important to have ~80k+ HP on a full CON build while you see my temple shooter hitting for 10k+ on each hand.

If you want to go for a CC/PvP oriented build full CON is still better and Iā€™m pretty sure Mimic or Sage or Enchanter will give you awesome new skills. If what you wanted was a DPS build around Warlock I think youā€™ll miss both Linker and Wiz 3.

I also went with this sorcerer warlock path. Reason being, even though summons are kinda broken right now other than Templeshooter, IF they fix the various summons and introduce more of them in future, sorcerer actually becomes a very versatile class. You can pick summons with good skills to fit each situation. You can use a tanky summon when you need it, or a mage summon, or a archer summon etc. While it takes more micromanaging and skill to do well, I find it fulfilling. Also, as mentioned, the summons damage scale with INT so it is unlikely to become an irrelevant class with future release.
Wiz3 has certain skills that will go a long way to rank 10.
Quickcast, Surecast, Sleep, Magic missile and maybe lethargy.
Linker has good skills too that will never go away.
Joint penalty, hangman knot, maybe physical link if they fixed the bug
Sorcerer - the skills of this entire class, together with some of the summonā€™s skill are relevant for a long time to come.
Summoning, Summon servant, Summon familiar, Ride, Morph, Attack, Hold

I am not sure about warlock but based on shared information, it seems that dark theuge and invocation are going to be key skills that will see continuous use in future.

To sum it up, this build can dps,can support, is versatile, is sort of future-proof but itā€™s not the top damage dealer at the moment and requires more awareness and micromanaging skills to pull it off.

@graphitewind

Exactly, when I made this build what came to my mind was to have the best skill-set possible before I reach rank 7 and focus on Warlockā€™s damage. Linker 1 with Dandel Gem can share 60 hits, thatā€™s probably around Theurge 10~15+ Familiar 10. Theurge is getting 150 base attack on each level which givest it ~2.7k base damage at level 15. Quickcast, Invocationā€™s att + Warlockā€™s dark% att + Familiar + Theurge = Any 6 mobs dead until level 600 probably. You can party a Linker 3 for bigger Links.

Invocation is very good but most likely not enough for 15 points, 5 for attribute or 8 for 100% uptime are probably going to be the best options for it if we get good new skills.

Theurge 15 was what I had on my mind when I started to understand about this game, I really want to see this and use it myself.

There was a skill named Black Hole in the game data before the CBT release I believe, even if not with this name I hope Warlock gets his own Frost Cloud (maybe blackhole deals 2,5 ticks/sec 100% uptime but eats up all other land deployment skills :open_mouth:)

Really want to see rank 8 of Warlock and future Summoners or Dark type attackers on the Wizard branch to finish my 10-rank build with those.

TL;DR

Linker

Difficulty: Hard

Sorcerer

Warlock

Temple Shooter final attack FULL INT: ~10.5k base attack (damage on each hand on a 0 defense target)

how does linker JP work and the relation to monster sizes? I mean does it affect their AOE defense ratio?

Does nothing for aoe def ratio unless you use hangmans knot with its attribute. HK + attribute is -5 aoe def ratio for as long as they have the hk debuff.

I have wiz1/cryo3/soc1 wizard at the moment. Is this build crap??? and Iā€™m going 1:1 int:con ratio. How is that? would 2 int:1 con ratio be better?

@ybazz87
I wouldnt say its crapā€¦I am wiz 1 cryo3 sorc2 going warlock at the moment with full con stats and it seems ok to me thought my TS damage is 1.4k to 1.6k and crits for 2.1k I have tree and snow rolling to gather mobs for easy TS targeting but i think its good specially in pvp ^^ im still enjoying the build since i know my role in war or gvg is cryo support with some damage and not the main DPSā€¦ Havent really checked but does dispeller bypass the pull effect of the tree? Thanks to anyone who will answer ^^ waiting to be a warlock to check its damage without the 50% additional from quick castā€¦

@ybazz87

Itā€™s a good build, you just have to spend more SP potions since your damage relies a lot on TS when you donā€™t have Linker or Quickcast to make the best out of Theurge.

Pick a fixed amount of CON and pump INT as much as possible. but you can go full CON for PvP/GvG since the build with cryo 3 is more CC intended.

question. my wizard isnā€™t even close to there yet. but it is currently going wiz3/linker/sorc/necro/xx.

when r8 hits (and we are making assumptions here) if warlock c1 gets nerfed to make c2 essentially what we have now (but the best skills in c1 at slightly less base damage) and necro c3 doesnā€™t give anything new, which would be better: necro2/warlock1 or necro1/warlock2?

of course not going to make up my mind until all the info is available, but just brainstorming here. I was think lock2 was better if necro3 wasnt worth.

@YuseiXyan

Necro 2 is bad so you should wait to see if rank 8 brings something worth losing sorc 2 and warlock 2 if you are really into it.

Necro 1 is solid, I just think the way it works is more intended for Linker 2 since the skills actualy have AoE so they use up a lot of hit counts on JP. Also the setup time and animation of Cannon is not so small, I like the way familiar works much better but 5 bats are meh. I donā€™t think a Necro can keep up to my build damage-wise to be honest, Familiar, Summoning with controling and skills brings too much to the table, seriously. Right now my Temple Shooter is doing ~3,6k damage/second without using skills, S-skill gives 40k+ total damage, around 20 hits with 80% power on all mobs. Familiar = ~35k damage on 35 sec CD, Theurge = ~80k damage on 32 sec CD, most of my links donā€™t break when I get the timing of Linking and Theurge correctly, I land all hits of both familiar and theurge on all 5 mobs in ~3 seconds.

Warlock is very good and I donā€™t think it will be nerfed a lot, Frost Cloud is still more OP than anything in the game and no one is doing nothing about it.

Wiz3 QC well with its attribute is the OP oneā€¦ Do you think it will be nerf in the future like the steady aim nerf from archers cause basically +50% damage is really a lot specially on a dps classā€¦

If wiz 3 was that OP any Wiz 3 build would be doing ET, Iā€™m pretty sure the ONLY ET DPS Wizard build right now is Ele 3 because of Frost Cloud.

Quickcast is a buff you need to recast very often, almost once every two or three spells. QS has +200% damage, Fletcher and some cleric builds have crazy damage but Frost Cloud is by far the unbalaced thing in this game.

haha XD well it would be a spoiler if u dont have the feel of it personally.
but no regrets for sure.

Quickcast is a buff you need to recast very often, almost once every two or three spells. QS has +200% damage, Fletcher and some cleric builds have crazy damage but Frost Cloud is by far the unbalaced thing in this game.

QSā€™s +200% is only for normal attacks, it falls off quite hard at late game and will require specific gear to even remain competitive (didel grand cross etc).

Quick Cast applies to all skills, which is why you get to do so much damage even with skills not named Frost Cloud. If you think about it, Quick Cast is basically ā€œpermanent critā€ for wizards even though magic canā€™t crit. Archers for example have to gear and invest points into dex to even reach 70% crit chance. If a Fletcher can get 100% crit chance without investing any points into dex, then it would be the as us having Quick Cast attribute on 100% of the time. Only difference, of course, is that we donā€™t get the bonus from Critical Attack.

I can definitely see the attribute getting some nerfs, but not removed completely.

How would featherfoot work instead of warlock as a R7 class?