Tree of Savior Forum

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Latest Announcement

Can I buy two or thee Founder’s Packs, deferent or same? How it will be work at game, can I activate it together?

And if there is not euro server at OBT start, can I play at american server without activating my packs, and then when euro server will be opened I can start at euro and activate my bonuses?

How log packs will be able to purchase??

1 Like

You can buy the three different Exclusive Access passes once. You can’t buy multiple of the same pass (for yourself; you can gift them to others, though there is region-locking).

You can keep all item benefits in your inbox and claim them whenever you want

I assume the packs will be available for purchase until April 28th

1 Like

@STAFF_John We really need more information on EU servers.

…but you are not considering an EU publisher or are you?

Anyway I guess I won’t purchase anything before you announce something.

IMC answered me by PM

Hi, guildtor. You can buy more than one DLC pack, just not multiples of the same tier. You’ll receive the items for all DLC packs that you buy.

Unfortunately, the Founder’s Pack will be bound to the NA server, meaning you won’t be able to transfer it to a EU server should we ever decide to open one.

Staff edit: It has been confirmed that the Founder's Pack is not tied to the NA server. You may hold onto the rewards and retrieve them on new servers.
3 Likes

Well that means I won’t be joining the founder release. Thanks for letting us know. You should post this in general discussion board to let people know there won’t be a EU founder server.

Ok but what about the prices. Currently it’s 10 euro in the store because I’m from Europe. 10 euro does not equal 10 USD. This is unfair.

Local prices are determined by steam, not IMC.

How is it unfair.
Some currencys pay only 40% or 30% of waht we need to pay ^^.

Steam has and will always do this.
The change the cost to average pay in the currency sheme.

Otherwise they would lose out on costumers.
Steam doesn’t care if it’s unfair cause, you’re gettign paid 9 euro/ hour and they 1euro/hour.

And 10 euro price…

Seems to be capped at that.
The other two options have the reduction in (2/4Euro).

1 Like

As far as I’m aware, the game devs decide it, don’t they??? Some games have accounted for the dollars to euro change, but others haven’t. It’s not all Steam…

The game company decides the base price, which in this case is 50$/30$/10$, they don’t decide the price for every country in the world. Steam does that automatically depending on some factors.

1 Like

“How is it unfair.
Some currencys pay only 40% or 30% of waht we need to pay ^^.”

You just answered it yourself. They pay 40% of what we pay. That is in no way fair. And my country doesn’t even earn salary in euros. Euros have a high change rate here. Because of this I have to pay triple what I would usually have to pay.

The game developers set the regional game prices - not Steam. In this I am sure as heck. I’ve seen many posts about this issue and it’s always the company that’s selling that sets the prices.

Bad for you then, that you life in Euro area.
Which country are you based in?

It’s steam. xD

That’s how worldwide market works.

I guess none of us was completely right.

When you submit a game to Steam, Valve automatically suggests prices for
local currencies in other regions. You have the option to change these
numbers at will, but a suggestion is made. It’s unclear how exactly
these suggested prices are determined—likely a combination of current
exchange rates, regional sales trends, and other factors. (Valve did not
respond to our request for comment.)

Have a read if you are interested:
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-weird-ecomomics-behind-steam-prices-around-the-world/

1 Like

I agree it is unfair.

I live in EU but my salary is actually paid in USD.

It’s then converted to euros and I lose money there, but since I reside in EU I have to pay my digital Steam purchases in euros so I lose money there too.

It isn’t fair, but that’s how the world works. Gotta just live with it.

I was literally just reading that article. It still doesn’t make sense. And I’m still going to boycott this for all my fellow europeans.

I’m not going to stop you, but prices differences are there for a reason, even though it can easily be seen as bullshit. It’s something that applies to much more than just games. Personally I don’t see any reason in boycotting a specific game because of it. Especially when we are talking about the difference between a couple of dollars.

It’s a bit different for small poor countries like mine. Euros go for double my currency. That’s more than just a couple of dollars to me.

1 Like