Tree of Savior Forum

Founder pack price increase?

Bots and RMTers did it again amgawd. The solution is we sign over our wills and belongings to IMC. Only the government, erm I mean IMC can protect us from the terrorists, erm I mean Exploiters, Bots, and gold sellers. They need more of our money to fight the war, erm I mean to improve their security.

Haha on the serious though, it’s a rather meh situation. It’s still early access to a f2p game. It’s kind of a hard discussion to have on either side. Sure some people were planning to buy the other DLCs for some supposed sale that was suppose to occur prior to the f2p launch. On the other end its rewarded those who went ahead and paid for it sooner.

But no matter what, it’s a completely optional cost to the game. In 9 days it’ll be f2p and there will be the larger concern of how TP will be priced. That might be a better focus than the early access DLCs that lose value as we approach launch.

Edit:
A lot of people are comparing the most expensive package of luxury items in this early access to b2p games. What am I missing? How can you compare Early Access with luxury optionals to a triple A b2p game. This game is f2play mates! This is a paid head start. Apples and oranges. Someone got the trend going though and it’s a silly comparison

Nope, they just removed the regional price. I do not see what is the issue here, people come arguing and whining again for a pack that was available for a cheaper price 2-3 weeks ago…

Also, it is a founder’s pack, it is suppose to be a 1-time purchase so you can enter the game and play it, people who already bought it are still complaining? how’s that? and most importantly, why?

My guess is that those people want to abuse with the cheaper prices and buy as much packs with external accounts that they do not use but want to extract the most benefit from the TP and benefits, most likely what the game exploit they did with the 10 Dollar pack.

There are exceptions, like I wanted to buy one pack for my brother when the discounts comes because he was in school finals and couldn’t play before, that understandable, but so much people asking for the un-changed prices makes me wonder why…

Also, for the people who STILL doesn’t know, this “FOUNDER’S pack” is not permanent, it will be removed on 29 Apr (F2P Launch) so there’s no reason to whine about it, you have the game, play it, if not, then wait 1 week…seriously…

The biggest problem for me is that this prices isnt atractive for brazilian players and it will not solve the bot problems.
Some data:
In Brazil, 1 USD = 3,6 BRL
1 Token (198 TP) = 20 USD and 72 BRL
20 USD = 1,5% of minimum wage in US
72 BRL = 8,2% of minimum wage in Brazil

Its not fair at all.
Its not worth pay 72 BRL for 1 month premmy.

This prices will only make gold sellers more atractive now.
1 month premmy = USD = 8~10 USD = 35 BRL.

2 Likes

The funny part of this disaster.
IMC put this on latest news: DLC 3 Temporarily OFF the Shelves and NEVER mentioned about prices scaling in some regions.
This sounds like a silent backstab.

2 Likes

Its funny to see your numbers.
I am from Mexico, lets see the data…
In Mexico, 1 USD = 17.290867 MXN
1 Token (198 TP) = 20 USD and 345.81734 MXN
20 USD = 1,5% of minimum wage in US
345.81734 MXN = 15.78% of minimum wage in Mexico

So tell me my friend on crisis, what are you complaining? I bought the 50USD pack when I had the chance and I am not waiting to buy as many founder’s pack on 21 Apr. I am not crying about it and believe me, I am not suffering from the price, actually, it is FAIR now. We had a discount, enjoy that but honestly, stop it, you sound like you want to buy as much packs as possible to abuse from it.

To some people, it’s not fair that they pay a larger proportion of their salary towards a game because some people happen to be born in one country.

To other people, it’s not fair that there is more than 1 price for exactly the same content just because they happen to be born or work in another country.

Only one can happen at a time - so there will never be a situation where all types of people are happy. IMC has to make a decision and it made one - it is fair to some people and not fair to others but that is how decisions in the real world are often made.

The only way to make it “fair” for everyone is if each of these types of players are separated and grouped and priced accordingly with their own economies.

Prices scaling in some regions? They just fixed the price to be exactly 50$ dollars, what it was suppose to be from the beginning, the “adjustment” of regional price was a very generous part of IMC, now that they removed it, everyone is going in RIOT against them…I have no difficulties on understanding them, what I can’t understand is the lack of intelligence of people for not seeing this…

You mean like, ip-block them and let them be published by another company (aka LevelUp!) ? Yep, that would surely help but they will cry even if they do that…you can see many and many posts about it.

they do

/20characters

Yeah people will cry about anything is the point because it’s impossible to satisfy everyone (sadly).

People should realise if you want variable prices for the same exact product that you’re selling to people with different incomes, it only works when people are actually separated by income. That is part of why ‘regional pricing’ (adjustment by ability to pay) works in the real world - because if you don’t actually live in the region and want to access cheaper prices you have to buy a plane ticket or get lucky with a website that offers cheap shipping and avoids taxes. :confused:

Huh, I never thought about games being much cheaper in areas. Only thing I’ve heard was Australians complain about games being more expensive / take longer to come out.

Stop whining about having to pay the same price as the rest of us.

*also you know the game is going free to play in all of a week

13 Likes

Ha, no one likes short guys.

Dear Players,

Thank you,
-IMC (In [for] Money [and] Cash)

It’s just easy for you guys to say this is bad, not good, you should
do this you should do that…you guys have no idea how hard it can be for
them…
They’re in the middle of between “what people want” and “what they want” for this game.

You guys should understand that they’re doing whatever they can to
make the TOS game a better game. You guys are complaining about BOTS and
RMTs, IMC Staffs are doing their best to find the best solution but
when they find one, you will just say negative things about it without
having any consideration on what they’re doing. How ironic!
Making a
computer game is not easy as you think. It involves hard-working staffs,
ITs, Codes, filtering, managing people, giving salaries to all
employees, economics analysis of the game and of the company, etc.

Yes, this game involves business as well. Its not just a
give-away-game that a billionaire made it for the people to play for
free. If you can’t afford to buy the game, don’t buy…find a job for
crying out loud!
It needs balance as well. Good thing, IMC Staffs are doing whatever to solve issues, and getting attention to our concerns.

We should thank them that they revive this kind of game in a long time.

1 Like

They are not doing everything they can to make this game better because if wanted to make the game better then they would make it p2p so they actually HAVE MONEY and isn’t doing this stupid ■■■■, that makes them look greedy as ■■■■.

You sir, have been awarded 0 points.

1 Like

Replace the word developers with forum users, and you have a winner

Seems to me like whatever IMC does, certain people will simply never be satisfied. Tough luck.

1 Like