Tree of Savior Forum

Focusing on a Dye System for Customization

This has previously been suggested, but hear me out.

I think it would be more beneficial to focus on a dye system when it comes to giving players additional customization options in addition to the costumes and hair styles being added.

While adding additional hair styles and costumes would increase the amount of customization additively, adding a dye system potentially increases the degree someone can customize their character multiplicatively (exponentially?).

Being a (complete) layman in regards to 3d modelling and what I believe are 2d textures I can only figure that this will be time intensive, but at the same time probably less time intensive than having to solve all the various clipping issues between hair styles and costumes. Tree of Savior already has a fairly developer friendly set-up with the costume system reducing clipping issues.

tl;dr

• More beneficial to focus on both a dye system and additional “skins” than additional “skins” alone.
  • Can act as both a time and silver sink (buying dyes from NPCs and the time spent customizing a character)
  • Dyes can be sold in the cash-shop (obvious but I think it needs to be said xD)

Thank you for your time.

Prior topics regarding costume dye/customization:

2 Likes

Adding a dying system does increase customization yes, but its not multiplicative, since ppl dont appreciate a new color the same as a new costume, that means that you can add 10 dyes or 1 costume and most ppl ill still prefer the costume over the dyes.

Ofc adding this system is welcome by all means, but its importante to note that it doesnt add THAT much in this game in particular (since models are small and costumes are even smaller and most prbly the dye system wont be layered so it will only change color to small pieces).

A dye system for the hear though, thats much easier to implement (technically its much easier than layering the costumes) and really noticeable since this game (for now) doesnt seem to focus on head pieces that cover it all, which means your hair is allways visible and noticeable.

1 Like

Well i think that it is a amazing idea and we are on 2016 so to put this system on TOS shouldn’t be so hard.
Some new hair styles, skin colors, colors details on the clothes, eye color and more.
I hope that they fix it and i know that a huge ammount of people will like this changes !

xoxo
:purple_heart:

2 Likes

For sure and i agree with you. Maybe few months after release

1 Like