Tree of Savior Forum

Dye system for clothes

It would be nice if we have a dye system for clothes like Guild Wars 2, what do you guys think?

3 Likes

It’d be really cool. I would probably get bored seeing the same outfits all the time, even with all those classes.

3 Likes

Totally support the idea.
Also, dyes and especially, “good” ones (read - vibrant colors, plus pure black/white etc) should be hard to obtain - i.e. craftable with rare ingredients, available as boss drops and the like.

IMC Games did mention they currently wont have this system but planning to implement it for future updates if they decide its a good idea or u guys all agree on it when they ask for new ideas on ToS gameplay

P.S: Not really sure~

2 Likes

I guess those are 3 different costumes and not dyes but I saw 3 different color cleric costume in the cbt3 video.

Alchemist in the Mage tree could make those dyes, he has a skill that create potions that fan base site translated as Tincturing or IMC could just make another skill just for dyes

That could be the rank of cleric what would be nice too, that changes the color of your clothes if your rank with that class is higher

Well… I didn’t heard anything like that before but it could be too because I only saw black, green and red. It would be nice to get different colored costumes for higher circles of the same class.

1 Like

I do hope they implement something like that, imo customization is always nice

I’m all for dyes - nice to be able to customize your characters further. Making dye crafting part of a class skill set is an interesting idea, but I think I would prefer them to be more of a “gather/profession” craftable item rather than tied to a class.

this was my absolute favorite thing about mabinogi, being able to color my clothes, and feel unique. too bad unique meant black, and black isn’t unique lol.

i like to dye my skirts pink and white

I always love to have a theme of Silver and Navy Blue with my favorite clothing, so this would be very welcome.

I like this idea since light and bright colors kinda hurts my eye.

Being able to dye equipment is great, what would be infinitely greater is if they allowed armour customization similar to that of guild wars 2, ripping great stats from ugly gear and putting them on gear you actually think is quite nice to stare at.

1 Like

Indeed.
Thought fashion always acceptable on mmorpg games, much customization, much style, much different characters, much people can be himself/herself in-game.
SO, dyes? Yes, nice idea.

1 Like

I was thinking about this and I do want dyes but I actually don’t want to see totally weirdly…awfully dyed characters. Even if that would mean freedom… it would ruin the look of the whole game. So if it would exist dyeing should be somewhat predetermined… maybe some colors/color shades shouldn’t even exist…

As proven by Warframe (a game with one of the best color customizations I’ve seen recently) allowing players to pick every color imaginable is a good thing at the end of the day. Even with the oddly colored character here and there, overall it feels much better to be able to chose colors freely and at some point players simply learn to match colors properly.

Well I’m not against colors but… A pitch black color that has no shades and actually turns you into a silhouette that is totally not realistic in any way shouldn’t exist in any games… (pointing at Mabinogi) and there are other colors that can achieve the same effect but I actually hope this game could handle shades better.

Neon colors are a bit questionable too for me. Again if they are well shaded maybe they could somewhat fit into the game…but maybe neon colors would be scary in every way… XD

I’d love a costume dye system. I don’t think one with as many options is well suited for this game.
I’d be happy if they just gave us 5 different color palettes for each costume or something.
Maybe have a quest reward or cash-shop ticket to change from one color palette to another… :relaxed:

I also wouldn’t mind slight variety in skin color options.
Maybe a slightly more pale skin and a slightly more tan skin at least.
Give us players some variety from one another.