Tree of Savior Forum

Fletcher PvE Fantastic AoE, Great Single Target

There’s one of the 50 dungeon the guide, I have others done but need to upload them, I’ll work on uploading the 90 dungeon and 115 dungeon tomorrow :slight_smile:

ah ok thanks gonna try this

Uh… it adds 346 poison damage and functions like Arde Dagger. How is it not worth it?

Going pure str is best because of how it amplifies barrage, spiral, multi shot, and magic arrow.

Skills that have a lot of ticks benefit much more from strength than dex.

Are you pulling the number out of your as*? At level 280, assuming enemy have 0 crit def, 158 dex provide 23.7% crit chance, while 275 dex provide 41.25% crit chance.

So assuming your damage number is correct,
Str build: (2558 * 1.5 + 318) * 0.237 + 2558 * 0.763 = 984.74 + 1951.75 = ~2936.5

Dex build: (2379 * 1.5 + 139) * 0.4125 + 2379 * 0.5875 = 1529.34 + 1397.66 = ~2927

You should read those threads you linked, cause the crit formula I’m using is actually from those same threads.

(Critical Rate - Critical Resist) * (42 / Character Level).

assuming enemy have 0 crit def???

Even this crap monster have 7 crt resist… So please…Assuming my level and my critical rate without sneak hit: (101 - 7) x (42/127) = 31,086%. Well I got 61 dex so seems right. Now, attacking enemys from behind I got more 70%…

@Luzzifus Its funny but I end in a diferent conclusion about STR x DEX, but I think that sneak hit is making the diference in our builds, so its ok for you the dex > str, but in my build str >>>>>>>>>>>>> dex. Even on ur build I will say that at some point you should stop add any dex, but, well, its up to you.

That wasn’t the point of my post though. My point was his formula was wrong, although clearly you’re not smart enough to get it.

Yep, I read his post again and saw that even if he has the rigth formula, the final result is wrong. I edited My post above.

Still, You cant just say “0 crical defence”. In a monster with 65 resist critical my critical chance is way lower than a monster with 7 resist critical.

33% vs 11%…

Are you pulling the number out of your as*? At level 280, assuming enemy have 0 crit def, 158 dex provide 23.7% crit chance, while 275 dex provide 41.25% crit chance.

You should read those threads you linked, cause the crit formula I’m using is actually from those same threads.

How nice of you. Current crit chance formula from the thread I linked is:
(Critical Rate - Critical Resist) * (42 / Character Level)

Taking 331 crit rate directly from boltonsquads linked dex build results in:
(331 - 0) * (42 / 280) = 49.65%

Mabye put in the right numbers before insulting other people. Thanks.

And yes, obviously pure dex is not the way to go since you can get a lot of crit rate from high level gems. And even factoring in crit resist, both stats are at least equal with dex having the added advantage of evasion (which is very helpful for bosses and going close to mobs for barrage). But saying that str is vastly superior for the proposed build is just wrong.

Well, you should maybe show your math next time then, instead of just saying 20-25% or 45-50%.

And in that regard, your number is still off.
214 crit rate translates to 32.1% crit rate, not 25%, unlike what your math shows.

Personally I wouldn’t use it, the Tilley Bow would be better suited

Better suited to what? Doing way less damage? The poison damage applies with every single damage application. It will apply every time Barrage or any multi-hit does damage. If you get a one hour Sacrament buff, you will auto attack for over 800 damage not accounting for stats. With Steady Aim traited, it will proc three times per auto.

If the person asking is wanting a bow for 170 don’t get me wrong it’s good, but I wouldn’t use it over Khasti Bow, Tilley is good for 120 till 170.

thank you very much for your advice :rose:

Do we need to go for cafrisun set for this build? if not what armor would you suggest? haha

Don’t need it, I used it up to like level 80 though

Where does the Khasti bow recipe drop??

Ill have a look now for you

About the str vs dex debate, you also have to remember that dex based builds are not going to crit everytime, and when they don’t crit its going to hurt them massivly. Where as str has a bit less of a crit rate, but when they don’t crit it doesn’t hurt them as bad. Also at rank 7 1 str is 1.6 attack, least I been told it is. Dex builds would probally gem for +damage, while str builds would use green gems for +crit rate.

I’ve already put that into account. [quote=“xylonez, post:85, topic:178908”]
Str build: (2558 * 1.5 + 318) * 0.237 + 2558 * 0.763 = 984.74 + 1951.75 = ~2936.5

Dex build: (2379 * 1.5 + 139) * 0.4125 + 2379 * 0.5875 = 1529.34 + 1397.66 = ~2927
[/quote]
The bolded part is the chance for them to crit and not crit respectively.