Tree of Savior Forum

Fletcher PvE Fantastic AoE, Great Single Target

Build has also now been fully updated with the new formatting code available :slight_smile:

1. Why do you go for STR instead of DEX as your main stat for a skill based build? Is that personal preference or do you actually think itā€™s better for the build?

2. I always found Spiral Arrow and Bounce Shot to be rather lackluster right from the beginning. I was pretty underwhelmed by both when I unlocked them at Ranger C3. Bounce Shot has that weird thing going where it sometimes doesnā€™t split to as many enemies as it could and Spiral Arrow would be nice with like half its cooldown. I still used them though before rank 5. But when I reached Fletcher C1 yesterday I donā€™t see any reason to use them ever again, except for some very special situations maybe (e.g. vs. ghost armor when Barbed doesnā€™t work).
    I still donā€™t regret going Ranger C3 because Barrage is a beast for both AoE and single target. Also Steady Aim helps with burst.

3. Most Fletcher Arrows cost like nothing. 2.4 silver for each Crossfire and 4 silver for each Barbed. Youā€™ll be more limited by arrow weight than by silver. Magic Arrow and Divine Machine Arrow are more expensive though.

4. Iā€™m still not sure if Iā€™m going to max Barbed or Bodkin. Does anybody have insight on how much more damage comes with the reduction in physical defense from Bodkin? Also is the defense reduction a debuff that also benefits other skills / players or does it only increase damage for consecutive Bodkin Arrows?

1. DEX comeā€™s slightly ahead of STR late game 230-240+ and itā€™s only slight, gems on gear will be critical gems so you should have no issue late game.

2. Bounce Shot will pretty much take the place of Oblique Shot, you wonā€™t use that again, both of those skills are used in particular circumstances itā€™s not something you would use regular however there isnā€™t much else to put the points in so as a skill based character 2 new skills are more beneficial than buffing something you probably wouldnā€™t use at all.

3. Yeah arrows are relatively cheap so thatā€™s a bonus, also going STR this increases your maximum carry weight which in turn means you can carry more arrows.

4. Bodkin Arrow at 15/15 will give -75% phys reduction and removes reflect shield at 4/15 it gives 20% which the amount that we hit enemies personally 20% is plenty, damage wise both Bodkin & Barbed are the same, however Barbed will come out on top depending on the armor type of the enemy. The 20% phys reduction effects all skills not just Bodkin.

DEX comeā€™s slightly ahead of STR late game 230-240+ and itā€™s only slight, gems on gear will be critical gems so you should have no issue late game.

How do you feel about the massive evasion bonus that comes with a DEX-heavy build? For me it feels huge already, Iā€™m currently 132 with 60 STR, 35 CON and ~150 DEX. It saved my life a few times already in various dungeon boss encounters. Is that still relevant in the late game?

ā€¦ also going STR this increases your maximum carry weight which in turn means you can carry more arrows.

Or you can just carry the crafting materials and make arrows in smaller batches. The wood weighs only 20% of its equivalent in crafted arrows and it only takes a minute or so to make like 500 arrows.

Bodkin Arrow ā€¦

Thanks for the explanation. Now I only have to do some digging about how much of a damage bonus that -x% phys def would be. Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s dependant on how much physical def an enemy has, so Iā€™d expect Bodkin to perform more or less inverted vs. different armor types compared to Barbed (less effect vs. cloth armor, stronger effect vs. plate). The only reason Iā€™m actually thinking about it is that Barbed can range from totally awesome to completely useless (vs. ghost armor).

1. Evasion should be well enough 225+ so that if you do get hit your chance to evade is high however you shouldnā€™t really be getting hit by anything melee and you canā€™t dodge magic attacks.

2. Yeah I guess however Iā€™m the kind of person who likes to craft in bulk to make sure it lasts a while, would hate running out mid combat

3. Indeed Barbed wonā€™t effect Ghost types but there isnā€™t really that many at least not yet.

Once they release TP purchases I will purchase quite a few skills potions and try different combinations extensively see what comes out on top.

Hi

more the lvl of bodkin point is high, more the debuff duration up?

Later on the c3 ranger tree is not advantageous over Swift step 10 from Archer c2. The extra 5 into steady aim is not worth it over perma casted Swift step ( just lvl up the attribute instead). Also the extra points into barrage is not necessary. The 2 extra skills you get from c3 ranger are also lackluster compared to the Fletcher skills( which you will be spamming).

TL:DR ranger c3 steady aim was nerfed to 10 sec duration on our version down from 25 sec so c3 ranger isnā€™t necessary.

Personally losing out on getting Barrage 15/15 & Steady Aim 15/15 over 6 seconds from Swift Step which is really all it would take to cast again is pointless, going Archer C2 purely for the SS 100% up time is not worth it.

Barrage & Steady Aim you will use through the game even when you go Fletcher.

Hey, thanks for the guide. What are the ideal weapons/gear for lvl 40, 75, 120, etc?

I think Iron Bow is the level 40 one, Maker Bow 75 one, Skull Bow 120

I would like to know what and how many attributes did you use for your build. TIA

At the moment personally Iā€™ve gone 4:2:1 STR:DEX:CON, But only put 20 points in CON so far level 175

Do you still recommend going more dex than str after researching? I havent hit Fletcher yet, still currently A1/R3ā€¦ F1 very soon but I always find myself running out of SP. I donā€™t think we can ā€œspamā€ that much skill for dex to be that benefitial. Wouldnā€™t it be better to increase STR so that when we actually cast the skills (with the little SP we have) to get higher dmg?

I feel like Dex would be more advantage for a class like A3/QS3 that have fast Auto attacking speed and would benefit from the crit because theyā€™re attacking so fast for more chances to proc a crit.

I do go mainly STR itā€™s a mix so that when we hit higher level and start gemming for crit we will crit as often as someone whoā€™s gone full DEX

for weapon I recently changed to xbow + arde dagger and wow the dmg is sooooo broken. I always have a bow to swap in case its a airborne boss but otherwiseā€¦

Iā€™ll have to give that a try

I dont believe u are correct but some spreadsheet work might be needed. An extra 5 in barrage and 5 in steady shot does not translate to a big enough DPS increase compared to perma crit buff. In that 6 second window u can cast an extra magic arrow on a 5 sec CD. The added DPS from the crit bonus alone in that time window far outweighs the meager 5% extra dmg for 10 sec and minor dmg increase in barrage.

Hi Boltonsquad, since I saw your thread active may I please ask for advice.

Sorry maybe different build, but could you give some advice regarding this build that im thinking.

This is somehow PVE and PVP oriented build, So originaly my plan is:

Plan 1:
Archer1 > Ranger1 > Ranger2 > Archer2 > Ranger3 > Scout > Musketeer

Pros:
-Steady Aim +20% damage,
-Bounce Shot (Additional AOE),
-Spiral Arrow (Single Target)

Cons:
-No Circling, or basically no FALCONER skills

But the thing is, Iā€™m not sure if the ā€œCirclingā€ from Falcon is worth? So im planning to change a bit and of course sacrificing some skills from R3

Plan 2:

Archer > Ranger > Ranger > Archer > Scout > Falconer > Musketeer

Pros:
-Falconer Skills (I think ā€œCirclingā€ is OP? or no?)
-Privileged having a Falcon :smiley:

Cons:
-Steady Aim 15% Additional Damage,
-2 less skills from Ranger 3 (AoE and Single Target),
(am I going to be useless for Dungeon Party? if I choose this?)

Now I have tought of new skill build

Plan 3 (almost same with Plan1)
Archer1 > Ranger1 > Ranger2 > Archer2 > Fletcher > Scout > Musketeer

Pros:
-4 more new skills from fletcher - I think this is better than Ranger3 bounce shot and spiral arrow
-Quick Step +25% Crit rate

Cons:
-Steady Aim 15% Additional Damage
-No Circling, or basically no FALCONER skills

I think sacrificing 5% from Steady Aim is fine just to acquire additional 4 skills from Fletcher (to get some AoE skills too)? what do you think?

Which one is really worth?

R3
-20% Additional Damage
-Bounce Shot
-Spiral Arrow

Fletcher
-Broad
-Bodking
-Barbed
-Cross Fire

Falconer
-Circling
-Falconer skills
-Cute Falcon flying around

Btw, i might change Musketeer to Cannoner, depends on my mood that day. but I think Snipe is OP <3

So what are you suggestions? Insights? :smiley: thank you!

Umm i mean attributes of the skills that you can learn from NPC. What particular skills did you chooseto max?.

The extra crit wonā€™t matter end game because we are gemming for crit, no one yet knows if crit has a soft cap which I can only assume it does but the amount is not yet known.