Tree of Savior Forum

Fixing dead/nearly dead queues

Merc Missions:

You’re considered lucky if you manged to get less than 5 min queue out of all that level range.

No, don’t tell me high level players don’t queue here, they do. I invited my sister to play the game and she queued everytime even after waiting for 30 mins. Yes she had easier time queuing on 300+, that’s where most people are stuck anyway.

Dungeon level 50, 120, 180, 230

50:
Some people would just grind upto 120 on the same day on use their daily runs there.

120:
No comment, but usually dead queue as well

180:
Long ass dungeon, I understand why some people skip this.

230:
Same as above, even longer because monsters are a bit more scattered.

====

We need to do something about these dungeons, they make the game look bad even more. With the incoming silver nerf on dungeons based on levels, We might even see less helpers.

Any Ideas would be great.

I have something in mind, but knowing IMC devs this may take years to balance/implement or they won’t even bother.

Randomize dungeons. Anyone can queue, lower levels get defense/attack boost percentage (or a flat value for that matter).

Lower levels get their respective cube+silver tier reward (Level 50 dungeon cube for level 50-119, level 120 cube reward for 120-179, so on)

Higher levels get to choose their cube+silver tier reward.

We have a huge level range at rank 9 already, it may even go upto 400 or more, could be better if we could group up everyone in this huge level range since TOS is the kind of game where most people just rush up to higher levels leaving new players wonder if the game is dead…at least for their level range.

====

Option 2, much simpler.

Have a live queue screen, where we can see the current number of people on queue anywhere.

2 Likes
1 Like

Thanks, looks like I missed the thread.

Dungeons are not as effective as they used to be this summer, so people don’t really queue that much. Field grinding has been encouraged by enhancing the exp you get killing mobs, and then there’s questing. Also, dungeons are very easy and can be cleared with small parties, so I advise to use megaphones to call for people during hours in which people play the most, and then choose the 2 to 4 option. There’s no penalty to exp

1 Like

Yes, this is why we need a revamp, low level dungeons make the game even look more dead than it already is.

Every newbie I invited into the game were complaining what the dungeons are for when no one actually queues them, I told them queues start at 270 and 300 and to go grind instead…Kinda ruins your first dungeon experience really, though 50 dungeon is guaranteed 1 shot fest with pardoner buffs…

2 Likes

I really hope they make mercenary NPCs for dg runs.

2 Likes

or just make dungeons with 1 players on mind , put a buff inside that boost HP/SP (and HP/SP Regen) and be done with it , all the dungeons from 50 to almost max lvls are useless

u can solo the dungeons with buffs , but is kinda boring , no different than grinding outside…u get a cube but thats it