Tree of Savior Forum

Fix pyro please

Take a look at this. Build is Pyro C3.

Wiz > Pyro3 > Thaum3 > Sage/Enchanter
Wiz > Pyro3 > Linker3 > Enchanter

I’ll use the second build as I really don’t like to have 5 buffs to cast, 2 is good. My Wizard is lvl 280 full int, dealing 6k per auto attack with Enchant Fire + Enchant Lightning (and Sacrament buff). It’s actually a trash combo with Chaplain. 10 linked mobs into a Fire Ball lvl 1 = mobs cleared. I tested Wiz > Pyro3 > Elem3 > Enchanter today… what a waste lol.

@OP What’s the problem of Pyro Linker builds exactly ? I think you didn’t understand how this game is working actually.

But Fire Pillar is actually “stunning” enemies, so IDK if Link + Hangman is enough to be able to cast Blood Sucking.

If I remember correctly, a Lv10 Hangman can hold the mob for around 3 seconds; enough for you to cast Sleep. Even if you can only use BS for 3 seconds, that’s a lot of HP restored considering they’re linked.

How did this become a discussion about how strong Pyromancer is? XD
Pyromancer IS decent. We are talking about a single skill here: FIREBALL - which is the only retarded skill now for pyro.

Sure, you can reach 30k damage with a fireball if combine with OP gears and buffs from other classes… but have you tried how much those boost OTHER skills? I bet all cryo skills would do a lot more dmage than a fireball. let alone Ele skills.

I don’t get why people keep bring up “pyro is just a rank 2 class” We already discussed this before. The patch is all about making ALL RANKS viable end game, regardless how low of a rank they are. Let’s not start talking about how strong Highlander is right now for a Rank 2 class. Saying that Pyro is rank 2 and thus should be weak, is an invalid argument as the game makes it so that you can pick a rank 2 class at rank 8.

3 seconds yes, and the animation is more than 1 sec, plus in high level maps there are some freaking monsters resisting from Hangman sometimes, or some of them just immunised to JP lol. I feel like it’s a lot of set up to make one skill works when you could just link 10 mobs, cast a Fire Ball and say bye (if the mob is not immunised to JP :sob:).

In this case would you go for QS2 ? Diev2 ? Elem2 ? Wizard2 ?

it removes the need of kiting before and during the killing phase, easy mode if you are willing to waste 1 circle on it.
That ease may have looked op to most i bet. a barb with seism or a sorc without linker has to atleast make the mobs get in a tight pack manually and even then some spells can miss a fev mobs here and there. Linker removes all that extra effort.

I’m actually thinking about Ele 2, but it’s kinda hard to fit in my build. Prominence seem really strong right now.

imho pyro now is barely viable, pyro sorc even worse than it was. Does everyone have to be an elementalist now? should i have went necro? i could live switching one skill to another but two of basic atack skills becoming useless? Yes the flameground is gimped too…

I would actually have gone ele if the costume was not so bad XD

A level 5 Sleep can hold mobs for 6 seconds. If Sleep succeeds, you can drop a Lethargy then start doing your combo.

When it comes to unlinkable mobs, I always try to kite them then drop a Fire Pillar to hold them. Then I spam my other Pyro skills if BS is unavailable. Usually, I can kill Lv324 mobs and above with this method (Currently Lv 320 at that time).

Here’s how I see Pyro now. It’s a bit sad to see our FB getting nerfed but that doesn’t mean it’s not viable anymore. A Fire Pillar lasts 10 seconds; enough to spam most of your skills, drop some flame ground and fireball, and abuse that Flare.

1 Like

What’s wrong with that lol ?

It seems, but it’s not.[quote=“Forefront, post:71, topic:360357”]
A level 5 Sleep can hold mobs for 6 seconds. If Sleep succeeds, you can drop a Lethargy then start doing your combo.
[/quote]

If you succeed x).

1 Like

it makes it too easy. instead of for example making them stack but suffer some % less damage from the player that bound them thus incentivising party play for linker, and/or removing agny necklace they decided to ■■■■ with the fireball and ■■■■ up baseline spell for the class…

i think you might go for those because you enjoy the flavor of the class which is why you should choose any class first and foremost. You seem to be making argument that QS2 Diev Elem Wizard2 are underpowered. Which might be true, that doesnt change the pathetic nature of current fireball. They didnt make all ranks viable and made some of the ones that were unviable. And yes, all ranks should be viable accordingly to the investment of advancement circles in that class (which comes down to ability to invest more points into 1 spell making it stronger, thats why you cant put 15 points in energy bolt on wizzard circle1 and ignore all other skills) and each class should be good as the other. Mind you that doesnt mean that we should have thesame damage on mobs but rather have similar progression speed in pve moment to moment gameplay counting in all the small pulls, big pulls, downtime for mana or health regen etc etc. Which is why a cleric with selfheal should not do thesame damage as a full dps wizard, because unlike the wizard he can heal himself thus negating any downtime due to damage recieved which means a wizard should kill mobs faster to compensate for the downtime when he regens mana or worse … health.

Yeah, I’m probably following the FF build. Although Pyro is quite hard to use now, Featherfoot is really strong. Pyro’s skills can be a filler while FF skills are on CD.

It’s not what I’m saying, I was just answering to this :

Even if the patch is really good in a lot of aspects, we have to face the truth of some ranks being not as useful as going for 3 or only 1 rank.

I’m not really sure it’s a good idea. My Swordman3 Rodelero2 is top 1 in every run in Siaulai just because my AA are really strong due to my buffs + blessing, and I’m only autoattacking. It’s good that most skills are % based, because it is how it should work to make all classes viable. But IMC needs to nerf/up, balance some values.

I think now it’s almost the case.

Wizards and Clerics have their own utility while you do a dungeon, plus Clerics have not so much AoE skills or big AoE skills compared to Wizard tree. If you are so worried about soloplay, HP potions are great. Featherfoot has no selfheal by the way ?

Actually PyroLink can instantly kill 10 mobs with JP and Fire Breath / Fire Pillar / Fire Ball / Fire Wall / Fire Ground, and if you don’t want to wait for your JP, you have all the time an AoE skill which is up.

I do agree Fire Ball alone feels really weak, but I really doubt it’s the only skill which is in this state and as long as we are playing Tree of Savior, we have to make intelligent builds, that’s all.

It would be more useful if people that have been testing pyro and figuring out wich skills do good, share their knowledge instead of bashing on players that have not tested them and want to stick to the old “Fireball+link build”.

Personally i did some test on my own trying to figure out the best way to build a pyro/alchemist, currently im going wiz2/pyro3/alche3, i can tell that hell breath, flare and fire wall are “very” strong atm compared to the other skills, however with that being said im thinking about dropping points on flame ground since it feels more like an “utility” skill to trigger the burn efect for flare. As a last thing to say fireball have some usess too, im yet to test a lv 15 with atribute because i wanted to try other skills first, but at level 3 its doing pretty good thanks to the low cooldown, in item awakening dungeon i can set a few fireballs and instakill everything when the mob respawns.

P.S. I might try thau or even linker1 to have some utility but im loviing sure spell for hell breath since magic or ranged attacks cancel it :c

How effective is Combustion for Fireballs?

I’m also curious of Wiz C2 / Pyro C3 / Thaum C3. It might be relatively strong and also be a huge damage boost to fast physical DPS classes like Fencer, QS and SR

but u dont need wiz 2 for this build juz go pyro3>thaum3>ench and u will get VERY nice buffer/dd :slight_smile:

Yeh I really don’t get why you would go for Wizard2, or maybe if you want to have Wizard3 at R9 lol. If it’s for Hell Breath, remember you have an imunnity to melee attacks while casting this skill. Sometimes it’s indeed a problem anyway because there are some mobs using magic, but I doubt Surespell will solve the problem entirely.

My personal allocation points for my Pyro on the build Wiz > Pyro3 > Linker3 > Enchanter :

Fire Ball lvl 12
Fire Wall lvl 10
Enchant Fire lvl 15
Flare lvl 1
Fire Pillar lvl 1
Fire Ground lvl 1
Hell Breath lvl 5

If you ask me why I didn’t put a lot of points into Flare, it’s just because I don’t like this skill, it’s not my kind of playstyle. Thus, if you do Fire Wall on linked mobs + Flare lvl 10+ it deals a lot of damages.

so i was testing w1p3t3s1 lvl 304- tested it on lvl 319 monster but i think its fire weak to fire because their plants. had fun testing it and was shock still lol

just fb by itself

fb with shrink

my sad gear

fb 9sec cd with 2 overheat
shrink 25sec cd 2 overheat
can be paired with flare but its over kill because flare does more dmg with 30sec cd 3 overheat