Tree of Savior Forum

Fix pyro please

Plus after getting those buffs, go beat up a hanaming and show the dmg :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I didn’t now you could take thauma, enchanter and pyro together with cleric in the same character, wow.

I mean, why gauge te potential of a single class when in ToS you can mix and match classes?

I never said you could. I just said that your fireball damage is good because of your buff stacking, not because of fireball itself being ‘good’.

2 Likes

That’s because my build includes said classes, that’s like saying that pyromancer before the update was trash because without agny and linker you won’t deal as much damage as with them.

1 Like

Next the argument is " well this is an MMO so play in a party". I like to do quests, so that means I am soloing most times.

Without agny, pyro was better than this.

Thing I want “fixed” right now is the Staff Attribute.
That thing is weak sauce.
Increasing the Duration of Fireball: Burn to 6 ticks instead of 4 would be sweet as well.
Also in all seriousness.
I think Flare’s Leather Attribute is underwhelming.

Also not sure if a bug, but earlier my agny did not read 50% it had a +150 dmg???

Yes, you have a very specific class build that can greatly push weak skills.
I can do that too, i can make SW1s Thrust skill look totally awesome if i stack Cross Guard, Spear Lunge, Attaque Coquille and Serpentine, which can be done in a single character. however that doesn’t neccessarily mean that Thrust itself is actually good, it just means that the buffs are awesome.

1 Like

You do not have a build, as a wizard class, that includes divine might, arcane energy and sacrament buffs unless you know how to put cleric, priest and Oracle in the wizard tree

You’re reaching.
It works out alright because he’s a Thauma.
Now Thauma’s choices for early classes are limited.
Wizard C3 has Ebolt, Earthquake and Magic Missile.
Theres Cryo, Pyro, Linker and Psychokino.

For the Rank 1-3 choices, Pyro is a decent fit in a Thauma build given that @ rank 2 you do not have much choice in damage.

That’s not a problem. Yes A rank 4 and a Rank 5 class are going to think about which ranks 1-3 clases fit well into their build. Pyro does well enough with Thauma so there’s no point in bitching about that as if he’s going out of his way to make one skill work.

Sorry, let me turn off my arcane energy to test damage.

Plz show ur gears and attributes. And thanks for actually taking a screenshot of something near your level and not 100 levels below

Pretty common stuff, a +6 superior corona rod with 2 level 5 blue gems, some white lvl 170 plate armor (Knight armor), some blue lvl 170 plate gloves (Tyla’s), virtov plate pants, war mage boots, a wizard bracelet, a white lvl 220 bracelet, Agny, and all the hats are +HP, with the exception of +90~ish magic amplification (and property resist).

Attributes are at 50 of all offensive skills and swell buffs maxed.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the shield is aias with no gems.

Thanks. I’ve got Grynis, sup Corona+9, archimage bangles, agny/max peta, didel. But my dmg is not near that? Must be the attributes. You have all attributes from each class at 50?

Yes, since pyro is low rank (cheaper), and enchanter has no good attributes at all, I made sure to raise all of them to at least 50, and thaumaturge swell buffs enhances maxes at 50 anyways.

I nearly double my magic attack with swell head and swell left hand though. (from 1700 to 3000)

Ok thanks for the insight! Tomorrow I’ll try this.

This is an issue of gear, not class. I have Pyro 2 Ele 3 Warlock at level 240 with agni. I think a third of my damage comes from Pyro abilities against bosses. Mostly fire wall + flare. Against mobs my level, level 4 flame ground + flare is usually enough. I don’t have fireball skilled. I’ve tried fireball, it’s pretty bad. Wouldn’t skill it. I’ve tried wiz 3, was not really as good although the level 15 magic bolt is comfortable. Cryo is not very good as well even C3 for anything other than CC. Pyro is still the ideal class if you want damage. If you’re having damage problems, try replacing fireball with flare.

tried firewall and new energy bolt… at 250lvl the new energy does slightly less damage than an autoatack with enchant fire XD What a joke. So a fireball does a tiny bit more than my autoatack but it takes 2 autoatacks to put down and has cooldowns AND costs mana. This is nonsence. You could have removed agny and maybe adjusted the numbers a little bit if you somehow thaught cooking a tough mob for 60 seconds was not long enough…

And all that after i bought agny yesturday, fireball still ■■■■… who would have thaught.

I think some people who play diferent classes dont understnad that mages need higher damage because they cant stand in melee or invest in dex or wear armor or selfheal like a priest. “it hits ok what are you complaining about” no it doesnt, its useless my autoatack is just as strong a hit but requires no cooldowns andcast animation. WHy would i even need a 15 point skill when my autoatack does similar damage…

Its like having seism do as much adamage as a normal swing and then pretend thats perfectly fine. ITS NOT

2 Likes

I love how all the solutions are saying to abandon the skill, or change the class to something else, invest in something else that would maybe… just maybe help a bit with pyro damage with some universal selfbuff to all magic skills. You shouldnt have to invest in something else, for your pyro to do decent damage, you could do that to make it above average but the baseline pyro has to be a viable end game option.

Understand some people want a high pyromancer build that focuses on pyromancer a very archetypical fantasy wizzard. The argument that later circles should be more powerful is idiotic. This would mean that most starter classes should be useless. which defeats the point of having half or more of the classes in the game. Each circle should be equal in overall power so that a player can be a high wizzard and be just as viable as high liker or a sage. The power comes with levels, stats skill scaling, gear and acces to a better and better filled skill kit to synergise the skills with each other.
Saying character choices you get early should be weaker means you think they should become irrelevant. Thats what it means when the latter skills of later circles - in your opinion- should be getting stronger and blow any utility of older skills out of the watter. Thats just defeating the point of having those early choices and shows ignorance on principles of game design. You would end up shoehorning players into only the late avalible classes.

You start as a wizzard and you never will be anythign else than a wizard. you can move on to be a fire or ice wizzard or stay with the original arcane “energy” magic after you choose that you can choose whether you want to compliment your damage with necromantic summons, skeletons and such, diabolic aparitions, bats, or maybe go with filling out further your classic wizzard or fire or ice wizzard more with elementalist… Maybe try a wildcard and have a bobblehead thaumaturge or you want to be a very good support with linking to players and gathering mobs easily for that perfect atack. It all synergises well as long as the original choices of wizzard wizzard, fire wizzard and ice wizzard are fully viable at all levels to perform their damage role. If you brake that you have essentialy axed almost half of the casters builds and why? because you envy powerfull lookign skills in wizzard class? Have you looked at a barb or a ranger or a felcher? cataphract? peltasta? dievdibrys? druid? do i need to go on? all these can make mince meat from groups of mobs in seconds on about 30 seconds cooldown. but you had problem with the ■■■■■■■ fireball did you!? Yea, thanks for breaking the game, thanks very much, im sure you enjoy making other people have their hobby ruined.