Tree of Savior Forum

Fix pyro please

you stand there you get hit you dont have heals you have to pop a potion or regen at a campfire for 5 minutes… its broken i tell you. The damage is too low. thats it… you used to have fireball do something so that yea it was hard to place and you may have scored a 5%-20% hp hit to your health but atleast the damn mobs were dead and you still had 80% hp left to go do 3-4 packs in a row before you had to regen some stamina and mana… im tlaking here when mobs are not trivial and actualy deal some damage on hit. If the skill has to have just 1 tick, i think it should
1-be a projectile like a classical fireball
2- always apply burn debuf to all hit targets
3 be castable on the moove.
4 be atleast 50% stronger the moment it hits because now its like 5% damage to a mob… which means 20 of them to kill one which means 100 seconds+casting animation =/~120seconds of spaming that ■■■■ just to kill one mob.

i noticed energy bolt and how from a tertiary skill on my gf’s cryo it suddenly became the best dps skill… this is not how you balance a game. You dont brake basic game mechanics of someones playstyle,

dude all pvp is is 1 hit ko AFTER the “balancing” they fixed nothing.

And THANKYOU exactly, you hit for ~1000 from auto atack without weapon buffs and you hit each second which means 10.000 in 10 sec vs fireball 2000 or 3000 times two in thesame time(more because of the cast animation) which means 4000-6000 damage… if burning procs maybe … jsut maybe we are arriving near 10000

Unrealiable uselessly weak crap…

Flameground also does liek 10 ticks for a thousand each… it used to do that before but atleast it lasted 30 seconds… that both gave 30000 damage overall and added an element of skillfull kiting to keep the damn mob in the thing to get the full duration damage.

1 Like

In my case, I do 10k damage with a lvl 10 fireball, while I can do 3k+1k (enchant fire) + 1k (sacrament) = 5k damage with one auto attack. I can kill a group of mobs with the full duration of flame ground/ firewall/ pillar, or 2 explosions from flare (20k damage) but fireball was just a waste of time, mana, and skill points.

Since the patch, I’ve been working full time on developing a viable build for a DPS pyromancer. Not a top-tier DPS; I don’t intend to compete with other classes, but a minimum DPS, enough to allow you to kill weak mobs with a little bit of time and effort.

I have nothing so far. I’m trying really hard, but all the combinations I came with are utterly useless. Does anyone have any idea of what to do with pyro? So far I only received comments like “pyro is meant to be useless anyway”, so I’m out of ideas.

I just left pyro at c1 just for enchant fire. The pyro skills at level 1 does full hit and duration now anyways. Only Firewall is affected by skill level.

My final skill build for my Pyro 2 is now: Fireball1, firewall10, flare10, pillar and flame ground 1, the rest I put on enchant fire.

Player’s feedback in how they feel about changes with a skill or class is important. I always felt like saying “It’s not the game, it’s you” isn’t helping anything at all lol. At least try to be a bit more open minded to other opinions.

Before it was Pyro/psycho fireball that got killed for being to powerful. Now…really it’s the pyro’s skill itself after the devs saw how powerful linker was with it. As an OBJECT skill, it was meant to combo with other skills. Having it die in 1 hit as a burst ruins the point of how the skill was supposed to be used. Look, I don’t mind if fireball did less damage. If a skill or class combo is too powerful, or unbalanced, I’d gladly want the devs to make it a healthier class. But with the way fireball is designed now, it kills one of the main reasons why you mix and match classes and skills. I still think the skill should be a continuous damage skill, even if the damage was lower. It would get more powerful as it interacted with other skills, and that’s partly what makes this game unique compared to other mmos :slight_smile: Being able to link a fireball, and or explode it, or duplicate it, or crush icewalls together with monsters inside of them. Fireball being an object that dies in 1 hit is very inconsistent with what the game was trying to do. It shouldn’t be an object at this point. Make it a skill shot.

1 Like

So i tried w1p3th3E1, all int and my wpn was lvl 220 superior cor rod at enhance lvl 6 with lvl 51 attri fireball, max buff for thauma and lvl 12 fire enchant with lightning enchant. i was doing 19-20k dmg with fireball at lvl 280 lol on lvl 190 mobs. if you get a better wpn and upgrade attribute im pretty sure u can hit at least 30k with fireballs. i think its reasonable for a rank 2 skill. i dont get y ur complaining. its not supposed to be just a pyro class -.- pick higher tier rank if you want greater dmg

Maybe because no one is probably going to be seal clubbing? Try it on mobs your level.

I think people have an issue with fireball because they aren’t able to combo other skills and classes with them as much, as it dies in 1 hit. While you are setting fireballs up for linker, or sage, or psycho, a monster can just run into it immediately before you make fireball more powerful with other skills. I’m happy that you are able to kick ass with it as a Thauma and whatever other class you use with it though.

This cannot possibly be right, unless Thau became suddenly a godly class, capable of multiplying someone’s damage by 1000% (literally).

What have you done to achieve 20k of damage?

I tried Pyro3Chrono3Sage (level 310), all INT, Superior Corona Rod +6 with 2 blue gems lv. 5, attribute 50 on Fireball and Level 15 Enchant Fire. I was doing 2k~3k of damage per Fireball on mobs lv. 280.

There is an insane gap between 3k and 20k. There is something terribly wrong here.

They are seal clubbing mobs 90 levels lower lol

Thauma has an attribute to multiply damage 2.2x on Shrunken enemies while you are under the Swell Left arm buff.
Do not forget how much Magic attack Thauma is capable of as well.

Thauma kinda is a godly class right now though?

Buff sWell brain: 45int +200ish mgc dmg +25%more int i think at max attri
Swell left: 950ish matk
Swell Right: 650ish matk with a dagger
FIre enchant:700 ish
Lightning enchant is 600 ish
o and i had blessing and that holy buff on

and i use agny - dmg was like that cause it was used in a lvl 190 mob lol.
still a good indication for me

those buff will increase as character lvl increases assuming all stat goes to int and more int stat from eqs
still testing though… also if ur lucky and put burn debuff- flare does more dmg than fb

Wait, is pyromancer supposed to be bad?

Tree Of Nerfs /20characters

1 Like

Not for every class of course. Some classes give you the ability to do tactile things to the fireball, like link it, or dupilcate it, or psy pressure it. It does not work as well anymore as the fireball can disappear due to a monster hitting it once before you set up your skills. My only complaint is that they made it an object with deliberate interactions from other skills that don’t work as well as it dies too fast.

Nice job guys, showing how Thauma 3 and Enchanter can increase the damage of any class, specially against underleveled enemies!

Now lets go back to Pyro and how he fairs in actual gameplay. :upside_down:

2 Likes

You showed how good fireball is if you are highly buffed by two entirely other classes. I can make Owls and Zaibas look great if i take a Thauma, Enchanter, Pyro and Priest to buff me, but that doesn’t mean that the skills on their own are good, it’s just that these classes buffs are really good.
I’m sure no one denies that fireball can be powerful if you stack buffs from other classes. That being said, if you use any other skill with these kinds of buffs i’m sure fireball would still look relatively weak compared to those other skills.

3 Likes