Tree of Savior Forum

[FEEDBACK] Grandt's Issues and Why He Quit

TOS is not TOS without bugs. Not sure why you didn’t quit earlier if you didn’t like those bugs.

Lol not only they don’t want “these type of feedback” they also want OP to ■■■■ off and blame OP for not quitting the game earlier? haha.

Check the other thread, they lost ~50% of their player activity :slight_smile:

That sums it up, they don’t even care about game bugs anymore, literally the most hardcore crowd is all that remains.

3 Likes

I’m sorry it took you this long to realize this.

GG M8. The thread is now cancer. We only need Anarth and this will be a shitstorm. We already got the other blind knights. Off. Hypocrisy is like cancer it can’t be cured.

Blind knights

“I do agree that the game has flaws but it doesn’t mean it’s a bad game. This has lots of improvements. Doomposting and huehuehue won’t help out and it lets others quit.”

Me

K. People quit not because of the forum or doomposting but because of how bad this game is in general. I think some people stay because of the bonds they created in this game.

I dont know any people who just logins for dailies, gvg, and other in game features without friends. Most peeps I know like that quit last year after the rank 8 patch but mkay. I’m just gonna read their hypocrisy. Kakaka

6 Likes

To be fair that is exactly my opinion. The core game is fun, the bad decisions, bad restrictions, bad design and bad things makes the game bad/boring/tiring. That’s why I stopped doing saalus (and other dailies) since the day before last maintenance/patch. (But making it clear, I already have what I wanted, weapon and gear wise.)

Again, it is not getting tired of something you already know. It’s not that you realize the game could be different.

Most people that quit is exactly like you say, the game have bad things here and there and at some point you get tired, I get tired, everyone gets tired.

And that is what I always say, doom posting makes the feeling worse, it doesn’t make people quit, it “helps” them quit, but you’re right, I’m wrong, maybe that’s only true for a few people or just me.

Quite some former TOS players I know are going to try out Revelation Online because it has one thing neither TOS or BNS had: World PVP. Re Online has many guild centered raids and World PVP events that TOS really lacks.

I do agree that the game has flaws but it doesn’t mean it’s a bad game.

Biggest flaw is the poor performance limiting all content to five-man parties, basically. TOS multiclass system is awesome but very few people run off-meta builds seriously because the party size limits everyone’s roles to fixed meta builds. Also there is nothing to do besides dailies and the shitty arena .

3 Likes

Well I have to admit this was a misunderstanding on my part (sorry about it :grimacing:), maybe if you quoted me before the last paragraph of text I would have avoided it. It wasn’t that I thought it was all about me but I did have similar opinions with zero so I thought it was directed to both which I found confusing.

Well I guess you got me there.

But then again that was due to the way I said it, poorly argumented.
What I mostly wanted to say was that disregarding feedback with poor arguments is problematic, cause it doesn’t really provide any meaningful insight.
Defending something with a generalization like "grind is an general aspect of kMMOs’ and ‘giving feedback on it is stupid cause it’s to be expected from the game’ is poor argumentation.

5 Likes

I remember people getting enthusiastic about BNS because of its pvp. I dont see those people anymore. Revelation is no different from modern mmo. Hype, p2p, obt, lack of contents, people quit. Rinse and repeat. I have woken up from my dream that the golden age of mmo is long gone. It was from the early 2000s and we can never get it back (except if you want low pop private server for those old mmo).

Nothing new. TL; DR MMO genre is dead. It is literally the worst genre now and 99% of those new releases are cash grabs with copycat graphics. They pretty much look the same.

New mmo formula

Hype, p2p, obt, lack of contents, people quit.

kakaka.

5 Likes

But but World PVP

Sobs…

1 Like

Sadly, not we TOF players need to understand this, the IMC gang needs to. And they will suffer cause you did not provide a Korean translation for your excellent post.

3 Likes

What @MagicOne said, they’re recently experiencing the same spurt we had months ago.

Sure the management on their version might be better than ours hence the higher retention rate, but the core problems particularly with regards to game design will eventually weed a lot of players out.

Also, sorry for the misunderstanding, when I say TOS I always mean iTOS and that includes the management of the game. When I pertain to other versions, I will explicitly say jTOS or kTOS. Maybe that goes for other forumers here, especially in relation to the topic.

TLDR: iTOS =/= jTOS =/= kTOS

Exactly! Then what’s wrong with expressing discontent constructively?

Bad analogy when you consider the topic at hand.

You do know how effective censoring is at Reddit, right? Majority always wins there. Don’t worry though, maybe the forums will become one eventually.

Same applies for some positive reviews really, some even make me cringe. In your own words, “I don’t see anything wrong with squelching dishonesty.”

The game in its current state can’t even keep a lot of new players past 50 hours.

:confused:

6 Likes

the title should be “im quitting,so let me get attention one last time”

1 Like

please choose your faction , cauyao615
"whiteknight" or “hueknight”

because IMC is asking for player’s feedback, so OP is just giving his feedback

OP feedback is valid as fcuk

7 Likes

Let me bless this thread with my only reply to a troll. So edgy sir @cauyao615 you impress me. The edginess of your soul is enough to sharpen 10000 katanas of the world. I applaud you for contributing so much!! The level of your IQ and EQ parallels nobody. I just dont know which side of the bell curve you are, probably the left .1%. Ka ka ka. Bravo, bravo, keep at it, special child of the century!

Anyway thanks for talking guys, keep at it! Been reading every reply in this post and I am pleased that it was able to generate discussions.

4 Likes

Seems legit…

1 Like

“hey guys im quitting, these are my achievements in game and im going to bash the game so you guys quit too”

1 Like

bravo! bravo!! another smashing retort from our fave contender!! little does he know that feedback =/= bashing. standing ovation huehuehue! which part did I talk about achievements though? 4.8k hours? I dont consider it as an achievement, it even shows how much I have neglected my personal life in 2016 and how my electric bill rose. HUE.

meh I should stop this. hahahaha.

Anyway, here is my reply, especially to those who ardently defend the game. The game will never improve if you keep on shielding it from feedback. Just like how neophytes of any field, in order to become better than what you were yesterday, you have to face the fact that there will always be room for improvement and be graceful in taking flak and receiving feedback. I acknowledge that a perfect game cannot exist, and will never exist. However, realistically speaking, ToS is even far from presentable. People who want to put more time in an MMO deserves better than this. The concept of the game also deserves better than how the publishers are treating it.

With all these issues around, I’ve never felt having the constant need to leave an MMO that I have invested a lot time and finance on. I played DotA and RO for almost a decade and I never felt any of that.

5 Likes

“so i know i told u guys that i already quit the game for a few weeks now but im still going to spend time talking about the game”

1 Like

k @cauyaopls

5 Likes

Literally nothing. This is the fifth or sixth time I’ve said that absolutely nothing is wrong with this. Please stop pretending that there’s something wrong with it. Some people disagree with what the OP has to say. Nothing is wrong with that either.

It was your analogy.

No, I don’t. If people dislike something they downvote. If people like something, they upvote. If something gets enough downvotes, it gets hidden. Despite that, I can’t remember the last thing I saw get hidden, and I’m around a lot. It’s certainly nowhere near as bad as it can get here. Most of the stuff that gets downvoted are “state of the game” threads and that pyrolinkerthauma who keeps making youtube videos of the exact same thing over and over.

Yes, chose this terminology because this is exactly what I wanted to say. I have seen maybe one or two (serious) cringey dishonest positive reviews and they were bashed on by people on both sides of the line. By contrast, there’s a whole demographic of people on the iToS forums who make it their mission to ■■■■ on the game.

sorry, i think u mix up imc with the hues

hues is trying to save the game by telling whats wrong with the game

on the otherhand, imc be like
"chill bruh, we got this"

4 Likes