Tree of Savior Forum

Fanart Contest: In the spirit of fairness

It sounds nice but i am thinking of stealing other ppl ign to create account. Even when there is a verification code to mailbox or something, you still have chance to deceive newbie and steal their ign for clone forum account

haha yes correct. One can snitch IGN from their servers.

Tbh, i think they should start doing votes with third-parties like https://strawpoll.com/
The service is free and they could check ip duplication. But, cant stop someone from using vpn to vote right? haha

It will be better to shift the voting over to the game instead. Create a quest event for active player accounts with character(s) over level 100 and over a month old.

The quest event will gift the player a vote token which the player can use it to vote for the fanart they like. Voters in game get a reward cube with items like DG 1 entry voucher, 1x exp tome, fortune cookie and such. They will also enter into a contest where there will be 1 lucky winner at the end of the fanart contest to win the next set costume too.

This encourages participation of players in game, let them know about fanart contests and also lessen the likelihood of vote rigging. (Unless one already has multiple accounts to begin with)

7 Likes

Might as well add something that will make it a bit of a hassle for alt accounts to vote, like an incorporated daily dungeon. I like the idea of using dailies to vote since most votes would come from people who log in everyday, and these are the same people who will have to deal with the loading screens.

nguyenhai is my friend and play as Akebon in telsia sv. :open_mouth: what’s up?. he didn;t use forum before. I just asked him like guildmate’s art

1 Like

Hmm, if this the case better disqualify it and done.
No more issues.

First of all, i would like to withdraw from this fan art event. I was on my vacation when voting time started to count. So i just ask guildmates if they could vote for me before i go, there’s no way i will use vote manipulating. I have my own dignity. To be honest now I’m kinda tired for people insulting and calling me out for something i didnt do. I’m not an attention seeker, and not that desire for 500 tp only (who cares for 500 tp when you can buy alot more yourself?), yes im looking at you @Krystal . From the beginning i put alot of efforts on my artwork just like a gift to my friends. I never want this to happen, so again i would like to be exclude from this event and give other artworks the fairness they deserve. Thank you again and sorry for all of this unwanted drama.

2 Likes

Good call, but I think it’s fine if you just withdraw from the votes portion of the contest. Also please scold your friend. Thank you for apologizing in behalf of your friend and for not making this harder.

EDIT: In the future, I hope you and those around you won’t give other people like Krystal any reason to call you out

2 Likes

An “apology” that minimizes your own involvement, shifts blame to someone else and paints yourself as a victim. Someone has PR experience!

1 Like

Umm so what do you want me to do? I just tell the truth that i all ever did is asking friends if they can vote for me, like every other contestants do. What did i do wrong?

No need for any additional action, just tell your friend not to try stuff like that again. You can do it in private, earlier you were somewhat defending his actions but it’s good that you’re not anymore.

But if lamjade out, Kihseki willl get rewward with 101 vote as victims?

nope, my votes came from duped accounts so either monstz or castastrophe will take the last slot. Btw it’s nice that you know exactly how many votes I ended up with, are you sure you’re not involved? I’m pretty sure I didn’t say 101 in the 4 hours before vote end calculation I posted.

Just deduct the necro votes, it will be very easy for IMC to remove votes from account under X days old. But for future contest , a permanent solution shld be sought

Im on at 11h59min for watching result… however. Your story’re so funny :wink:

It’s ok, you just happened to have a different forum profile pic which happened to look the same as the main culprit’s FB profile pic before both changed. Anyway even if it’s not you I’m pretty sure the person responsible is aware of what he did and what’s wrong with it by now. :rofl:

Yes, i know imc can remove vote but as I asked before.
“I have 2 questions.
1- This contest for forum users only or all TOS players? If tos player never use forum before, how can they vote for your friend art?
2- If I have 100 oldbie forum accounts and vote for 1 art. Is it legit?”
@STAFF_Letitia

Don’t be giving exploiters the idea of creating accounts beforehand now :wink:

Dont keep it for yourself

I just LoL hardly… well tbh I knew some “artists” did copy-paste somewhere but I didn’t expect people to create clone account to vote for arts until i saw this thread this afternoon.

@lamjade91 I don’t know about your guild internal chat, I don’t know whether your members did this without letting you know or not but if you are a Vietnamese then you may know “Cây ngay không sợ chết đứng”. Instead of trying to quit this event, why not asking your friends to take back their clone votes and continue to compete since this art is your from-heart gift to your friends?
Btw so far I haven’t used any bad words to mention about you so I think this is not quite correct.

1 Like