Tree of Savior Forum

FalconerC3 thoughts

my only problem with that is [quote=“myself, post:582, topic:331774”]

1. make a korea nexon ID
    [/quote]

quick question. Does circling:decrease nullification and sonic strike:confusion attribute usefu at PVE?

Didn’t really notice a difference for Circling’s attribute, but I’ve only played Falconer in missions/Saalus.

As for Confusion, assuming it works like Flu Flu’s/Ultimate Dimension’s confusion, I don’t find it helping much (sometimes even made things worse when Cloaking, getting caught when monsters hit each other).

is nulllification the same as circling resist?
edit: just found this

I’m not sure, but I think it’s for those skills with increase nullification chance attributes.

Perhaps @Composition can enlighten us.

as for confusion
[Confusion] will decrease the target’s physical defense by 15% per level and increase physical attack by 2% per level
dont you find if confusion is success, your damage get increased by 75%?

Didn’t notice a big difference. Probably because my weapon sucks lol. Only have ~800 PATK at the moment.

Anyone have tested circling + multishoot if still work?

maybe circling + hoaming arrow?

with 75% defense decrease on enemies that have low defense from the get go, I don’t deal beyond 2k extra damage, as for the null thingy I remember greyheim mentioning that it was to null things like corsair’s flag turning things nil.

On PvP on the other hand it quite increases my damage… from 1 to 300 without a weapon on auto attacks, from 200 to 700 for coursing.

My ATK without weapons is around 700ish.
Right now that confusion thingy + archer arrows is something like 88% defense decrease.

This is for PvP vs skills which nullify attack. I discovered this later than the post.

Examples
-oracle forecast attribute
-corsair flag attribute
-reiter retreat shot (attribute), even though nobody uses it.

Also circling level 5+ is for PvP players who stack +AoE defence ratio. Circling beyond 5 still useless for PvE. Bosses have AOE defence ratio of 5, so even circling 4 would be sufficient for normal mob grind. Circling 5 for Siaulai mission 2x boss, or crystal mine mission 2x boss, some ET floors spawn mini version of bosses which also have AOE def=5.

Random mob resisting circling will also randomly resist other debuffs. Even my musket butt stroke gets resisted randomly :rage:

I wish they added increased duration per circling level, 25 seconds of circlings sounds marvelous and since it is stationary there’s not much harm.
They also have to make higher levels of skills have lesser resistance chance in comparison to its low level counterpart.

Like circling 5 = 50% of being resisted.
circling 15 = 20% of being resisted.

Having random 50% is infuriating.

1 Like

so circling:decrease nullification only good for pvp, while sonic strike:confusion still useful at pve?

It would be if enemies physical defense was a factor right now…
With archer’s natural 50% decrease and enemies low physical defenses, I’ve never faced an enemy that I hit for nothing.

@Composition
So with the current iteration on the test server now, I’m thinking about changing up my ranks when it comes here (mind you, only if this is how it will be shipped to ITOS). I’m thinking of changing my Archer 2 - Hunter 2 - Scout 1 - Falconer 3 to a Archer 1 - Quarrel Shooter 3 - Hunter 1 - Falconer 3.

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#313233eee.1525.1f2f6a75.1123354551.11354351688ab5c5

What do you think?
Do you have any plans on changing as well?

(Of course this is only if it stays the same)

err, care to explain the reason behind that change?

To be honest I thinking of changing my Archer 2 - Sapper 2 - Scout - Falconer 3 to Archer - Ranger 3 - Rogue - Falconer 3.

I think that Barrage + Bounce shot under expand circling will give me enough AoE killing in a shorter cooldown with a lot less setup and it will give more bossing potential too. Bonus points for Aiming making easier to land all the arrows of Barrage and not having to worry against flying anymore.

Does the quarrel shooter’s caltrop combo cheese with aiming still work?

I’m assuming you are referring to why I am switching?
If so, it is because that as I have been playing my archer over the months, I find myself using auto attacks, rush dog, and sonic strike more often than anything else. Strictly speaking, this is a playstyle choice that with the current Ktest allows me to do. A mobile archer that can deal damage while constantly being on the move or protected.

Now when it comes to the skills/ranks that have been rework and why I chose them before/after:

Take note that I have 4 Minotaur Cards and 4 Templeshooter Cards on. That means I have 4% chance to stun on physical damage hits and 4% chance to silence on missile attack hits.

Archer 1-2

• Nothing has changed much for me and my goals for these ranks. Sadly I do not have the room to keep it and fulfill my playstyle requirements. Multi Shot is at the amount of hits it would have been on if it were C2 anyway. Never wanted, needed or put any points into Heavy Shot, and Swift Step is meh to me. Kneeling Shot will be missed though, but like I said I want to be mobile.

Hunter 1-2

• With the nerf to durations (flat 5-5.5 seconds) on all of its attack skills, leveling up the skills only increase the damage of said skills. That is a very lackluster reason for me to keep 2 ranks. They don’t even work on bosses (As far as we know, besides Snatching) and all I got for Hunter rank 2 was a (now) worse version of coursing and an invisible catcher. With the build I have linked, I still keep what I liked about the rank and my playstyle.

Scout 1

• Nothing wrong with this rank. I will miss it and all the shenanigans I could do with it (Do a Barrel Roll!).

Falconer 3

• Nothing has changed, in fact it is better now than it was before. With this rank I can easily be the single derp dps I like to be and still excel when it comes to AoE when truly needed. These 3 ranks are staying!

Now as for what Quarrel Shooter can do for me that I want/lost:

• It has the defense abilities that I would have loss when not taking Archer 2 and Scout 1.
  • Scatter Caltrops can be used as an AoE damage source and utility/CC.
  • Running Shot will work with my playstyle at all times.
  • Lastly Deploy Pavise helps with those times I would need to stay in one spot.

(This is only if current Ktest is to stay the way it is for said ranks)

If/when rank 9 comes out and I don’t like the choices I can choose from Scout, Archer 2, Hunter 2, Mergen, or whatever else that would benefit my playstyle or cover up my weaknesses.

@Valfor :+1:
@Sensate If I remember correctly, no. I believe it was patched out quite awhile ago.

1 Like

Do not forget that hounding is quite bad at its job when it’s forced to chase enemies for eternity.

Anyway I’m staying, I’m too fond of hunter and I’ll switch the bonfire for the sun anytime. To be honest at this point it became clear that they do not know what they’re doing regarding class design and identity, I’m totally OK with them balancing stuff, but when they disregard the original purpose without a proper redesign, they’re doing something quite wrong.

Anyway it’s too early to jump ship, let’s wait until the end, I’m staying as I am, I’ll relearn to play once they go live with these changes, but I’m hopeful for an overhaul.

I agree, but I wanted to get my build in order and see what ya think.
I just hope rush dog still uses pet damage…