Tree of Savior Forum

FalconerC3 thoughts

I find it hard to use collar bomb, guess it would shine when I get to falc3 then

Yeah you can put it that way but Multishot is very much easier to use in this combo. A cryo3 or a linker can help yes, but it is almost impossible to determine how many targets get actually hit when you combo with them xD

As I said earlier: Collar Bomb and Aiming are a bad combo, so using it as a Falc3 wonā€™t do anything.
If you are used to it: CB and Full Draw work nicely together. Even Heavy Shot could help with it I can imagine.

wish there was a use for the pieces of mud and twigs my falcon brings back on call.
at least let us feed it to gems, but you canā€™t even do that

1 Like

is it worth levelling collar bomb? since it doesnā€™t work with aiming well, but in circling? does levelling it increase the hit count? was thinking of collar bomb or stockades or even detonate?

Why are there now more questions about Sapper than Falconer? I should create a Sapper guide, I knew it! xD

As a whole-blood Sapper, Iā€™d always recommend leveling CB, even due to is situational nature.
The fact that it does not work well with Aiming only applys to ground mobs, you wonā€™t have problems with flying mobs. And it can still help even when Aiming is active in some cases e.g. fighting 2 or more bosses simultaneously or having a boss spawning traps and / or minions.
Fact is, only if the circle created by Aiming becomes too big will CB hit just the target it connects and not the one it was attached on.

CB has a that weird wording stating ā€œSet up Countā€ which actually means the number of hits it does when it explodes. Hence, yes leveling it makes a big difference since a lvl 10 CB does indeed more than 10 times more damage than a lvl 1 CB. (If I remember correctly and its starting Set up Count is 1)

Personally, for me it would be CB>Stockades>Detonate. Her is why:

The levels of CB have the kinda rare case of being not only additional Dmg but they are also a mĢ¶Ģ¶aĢ¶Ģ¶rĢ¶Ģ¶kĢ¶Ģ¶iĢ¶Ģ¶pĢ¶Ģ¶lĢ¶Ģ¶iĢ¶Ģ¶eĢ¶Ģ¶rĢ¶ multiplier.

Stockades are always a triple hit and increasing there damage is thatā€™s why noticable plus I heard they will even get buffed in the future.

Detonate Traps is not for damage but utility for me:
No matter the level it will always destroy 4 targets, which is fine but not that much.
PvP: It is great, destroying Clericā€™s Safety Zones, Psychkinoā€™s Raise fields and other stuff.

Solo: It is actually hard to use effectively damage wise. A good Sapper makes use of his / her traps as long as they are there and watching for the count to determine when they would disappear to detonate them right before they would do so is too annoying for that damage outputā€¦(it is fine to use it with Stockades against flying mobs but thatā€™s actually not very effective)

Parties:It is barely usable in PvE Parties (you donā€™t wanna destroy your allies frost cloud / healing fields for example).

Thatā€™s my opinion about it, so 1 point is good, not more and also not less.

1 Like

Thanks! since its my 7th character I wanted to try something new or more of a support archer, Iā€™m currently at 150+ and having fun with traps, we might not be number1 in boss fights but Iā€™m currently enjoying laying traps punji and other stuffs, do you have a hard time levelling on quest 200+? or 300+? going falc3 I would lack some DPS skills, maybe use multishot moslty or boomtrap.

As I made my sapper I didnā€™t expect my dps to be super than others, but the fun in using traps is enough for me to play the class. and its a little expensive too.

EDIT : btw is it easy to get slot on ET parties or 315 with falconer3? I havenā€™t heard of people shouting for falcon3 in end game dungeon

1 Like

thereā€™s so few falconer3s in existance, and majority of falconers are just 1 to supplement their own damage, no one thinks of them.

right now its hard to find a slot in ANY kid of ET party because there are so few people actually interested in it (those that are already have their own static group), so you have to gather your own core group of people for it.

1 Like

People shouting only need chrono or elememe or cleric since months depending on servors xD.

200 + was not that hard to begin with, however 300+ is of course barely manageable to be done in a decent time if you desire to try that solo. In the end, a falconer3 shines the most in a party as an offensive supporter.

Actually the damage is quite decent, however as a Sapper you are a one of the few ā€œfrontline Archersā€ since you have to get to close range. So keep in mind to have some evasion and / or HP.

I am not 315 yet and I am not into ET so canā€™t comment on that.

Hello Falconers! Iā€™m going to share my experience. My build is A2 -> Sapper 2 -> Scout -> Falconer 3

At first when I made this char I stopped at falcon c1 and waited for r8 information (I really wanted a full Falconer but was not sure if c3 was going to be good since r2 is the worst circle in the game), but Falcon 3 proved to be perfect for me and it seems that you guys are also enjoying it.

First an old r7 video:

Even with low attributes and a cheap weapon I could deal easily 150k total aoe damage with this combo in maps like storage (even on leather mobs).
Now with Aiming flare shot has a decent aoe size, itā€™s like elememeā€™s frost cloud.

Another thing that is also good is Kneeling shot: after you drop your traps and flare, you can use kneeling shot (in my case I get 300 physical atk from it) and your traps, flare shot and falcon benefits greatly from this extra damage. godd when you have someone to tank and you already used multi-shot.

Punji fun at r8. 300k hp + mobs.

Also, detonate traps is amazing vs flying, switch to bow, drop 3 traps (in my case 4 since I also detonate flare shot, but you can detonate Circling too if needed) use detonate and boom, 80k~100k damage if everything crits, Circling Multishot finish the rest. At least rank 7 content was a breeze with this build so my Detonate traps level is currently 10 and Claymore 1 (worst skill ever, only use for it now is to aggro mobs while Iā€™m invisible).
With the new Changes to Claymore, maybe I will rework into Claymore 10 and Detonate 1, but mostly for dealing with Flying types.

For fun info: when you catch two flying mobs with Full Drawn and detonate stuff with a bow + cloakingā€™s attribute, you can reach damage cap even on a leather mob.

My only problem with Falconer 3 now is that I need a new weapon ASAP and money for Circling attribute. That thing is amazing but mineā€™s only lv 4 (20%), but I notice a decent increase in my aoe dps even with this very low attribute level. Oh and Hovering. Hovering CC is okay but it reduces Preemptive Strike DPS a lot, I need to get rid of this too and that Aiming + Collar Bomb that @lemanhu_007 already posted.

3 Likes

Hi I am going based off the updated Sapper. I have always been a fan of sapper my first class so I am so happy to reroll it. Right now I am going for Archer2-sapper3-falconer3. Thanks to what you have told me I am so excited to hit c3. I was also wondering when you dentonate the traps with circling does it multiply since ur technically inside circling so its a gamble if circling gets destroyed or not. That punji combo looks very awesome to I guess I will leave punji at 1. What I cant wait to try is the new Claymore at 750percent attack power+claymore damage and circling to multiply the number of hits. ;D GO TEAM SAPPA

what does a regular punji stake trap end up looking like for comparison?

hawk canā€™t equip item ?

It works okayā€¦ but itā€™s harder to pull without a proper setup. Aimingā€™s hitbox increase is what makes the combo moreā€¦ reliable.

@thera0094

I never tried, but it seems that all hawks skills are based purely on the falconerā€™s stats.

1 Like

Hovering or Pheasant, which worth more max?

1 Like

Hovering pvp , pheasant pve

Hovering single target

Pheasant help u knockback with aoe ratio

just wanna know i got full slot in team now
if i want to adv to falconer do i need to open new slot?

To advance to falconer, nah. But youā€™ll need one to retrieve your hawk from the companion trader.

ah i see thxā€¦
20falconers

now falcon bcm more crazy after skill circling or hoven it stuck and call it back take few secļ¼Œ and falcon dont follow where i go at alementh map it keep stuck even all mob die it just reach plss make the skill more smooth. too bug when call skill been cast but im stuck standing thereļ¼Œthe call was fail need move and call again怂my team mate ask me why i can wistle 2time without cd omg