Tree of Savior Forum

FalconerC3 thoughts

how about this one?

@Eon11 whatā€™s your advise for skill points distribution for a2sap2sc1fal3?

Thanks @myself

Eon11 also admit that hovering at falconer3 is hindering preemptive strike overall DPS.
I followed Compositionā€™s skill distribution.
circling 5
aiming 5
preemptive strike 5
sonic strike 10
call 1
pheasant 1

Yup it is detrimental to preemtive strike.

However with the added attribute that lets you choose between having hovering or sonic strike or neither for some funny reason it is possible to inclusde hovering for whatever purpose you see fit, youā€™d only have to get preemtive strike: disable hovering.

I have no idea with sapper, can you give me a sample sapp2 skill distribution please? thanks @Composition

Thatā€™s how I would do today:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#311558eee.1a25334a5161.112a3141516575.14213545.1121344351618ab5c5

Free points can go anywhere: More stockades (overall more damage) or detonate (a little bit higher burst on flying mobs), hovering (for pvp and easier falconer c1/c2 leveling), save for possible changes on aoe ratio mechanics, new buffs/twerks and etc. Thansk to the new claymore attribute, going lv 10 is pretty decent, but again, itā€™s basically to deal with flying stuff that are immune to stockades/broom trap. Collar Bomb falls hard late game and the contact mechanic bugs with Aimingā€™s increased hitbox but itā€™s still a okay skill. Damage from sapper skills late game will comes from your weapon and gem +the number of hits it does/modifiers on flying mobs more than the skill base damage itself so you donā€™t need to worry much.

The thing about hovering was: This falconer I had was from the old r7 days so I had lv 3 hovering to complement my DPS a bit (lv 3 unlocks the attribute to make the bird attack faster), and make life more comfortable (seriously, falconer c2 is suffering). but then r8 was announce and well, I had Hovering already so in the first weeks of r8 I had my falcon doing BOTH skills, Sonic Strike/Hovering with Preempetive Strike, thatā€™s why we usually advise for people to avoid Hovering for Falcon c3 builds. But some weeks later we got the attribute to cancel Hovering from Preemptive strike soā€¦ itā€™s okay to go Hovering now thanks to this attribute.

https://tos.neet.tv/attributes/310013

So, if you server already has this attribute available, you can go Hovering lv 10 to make your life as a falcon c1/c2 much easier.

Why no to go for cicling 10 or 15? Is it not worth it?

No reason to right now. enemies aoe defense maximum is at most 5 right now.

1 Like

at the moment, PVE only need circling lv 5, if you go more than lv 5, it is a waste of SP. Just hold on to your unspent skill point, if in the future we need more than circling lv5 just increase it.

1 Like

You will never ever use Roost one Falconer3, dont take it.
Conceal has so few uses and you will also almost never use it.
Rest is ok although dont see any reason to go Full Draw 5 and only Kneeling Shot 3, should be vice versaā€¦

right now iā€™m Archer2>Sapper3>Falcon1ā€¦ At the moment i have colar bom lv 10 but it is not that goodā€¦ is it worth it to go for claymore lv 10 instead?

Iā€™m thinking about going like this:

Wht do you guys think?

Ps: i left 10 points in my falconer tree openā€¦ just in case.
Ps2: iā€™m going full dex with 50 in CON.

I also have roost, it is so bad that Iā€™m expecting them do something about it, thereā€™s a very niche use case and that involves being a scout. thereā€™s another, take aggro. but other than that, it is so bad that thereā€™s no reason to take nor cast it. So I expect them to add something someday :stuck_out_tongue:

@Cless_Alvein

This is not a theoretical build.

This is a skill build similar to one that I playā€¦ but fixing some mistakes I did (I went full draw 3 and KS 5, Iā€™ll comment more on this later) and I play the character, lol. Roost has some uses and well, itā€™s only one skill point on a class that has a lot of points to spare, plus, itā€™s not like your character becomes falconer 3 instantly at rank 6, falconer c1 to c3 is a long walk and they may change the skill in the near future, we can never know. Worst case scenario if youā€™re really paranoic about it, save one skill point exclusively for a possible change in Roost on your pool of ā€œsaved skill pointsā€ that we have for circling and etc, things already discussed to exhaustion in this thread.

Also, roost is cute to take screenshots with your bird resting!

Regarding Full Draw, Lv 5 lasts longer and is very useful tool while +2 in Kneeling Shot only gives a small negligible bonus. Lv 3 KS unlocks the attribute, but the biggest bonus comes from your DEX. Some people could even argue in favor of KS 1 and FD 7.

Unless youā€™re interested in the extra atk range and atk speedā€¦ A better full draw will always be more useful, trust me, I regret KS 5.

@nunes_maradona

Iā€™m not a big fan of sapper 3 since itā€™s just basically some flat scalling on skills that donā€™t depend too much on this and one new skill with a huge cooldown (spiked shooter, they finally fixed it?) butā€¦

I would go collar bomb 10 hoping for a fix with the interaction of this skill and Aiming. Itā€™s the best scaling along claymore, helps to deal with flying mobs (as a sapper, flying mobs is always something to consider, so you must be ready to use all available tools you have to deal with those guys so always have a bow ready and get all detonate traps attributes) but if you totally dislike it, well, you can invest more on stockades or max claymore/detonate or just save points for more possible changes.

Stockades or collar bomb would really make your live easier while leveling early (and IIRC, collar bomb has a hidden scalling with levels/hit, canā€™t remember now exactly because Iā€™m using lv 5 CB for so long that I donā€™t remember how it was earlier, lol) but in the end, when you hit the late game and you have 2k++ attack from your gear and ~1k critical attack easily, those numbers from your early rank skills arenā€™t crucial, what matters the most is the number of hits they do and damage multipliers they may carryā€¦ thatā€™s why sapper is such a solid pick for falcon 3. And Claymore. After the changes, claymore 15 + the attribute could really make the highest impact in terms of skill points usedā€¦ but will you use claymore more than stockades or even collar bomb? Howā€™s your feeling about the setup time?

So thereā€™s not a proper answer for that, besides the obvious broom 10/spiked 5 and 1/1/1/1 everything, itā€™s up to you to decide after playing the character a little bit more how to spread those leftoversā€¦

Falconer c3 build is basically what you did, but I suggest lv 1 pheasant, at least 3 for hovering for the attribute (but only if your server already have the attribute to shut it down on preemptive strike) and 1/1/1/1 everything else, (or go full paranoid 0 roost mode to save even more). The only use for maxed circling currently is for pvp/gvg. People are starting to stack aoe defense ratio now (sometimes involuntarily) but again, we always recommend to save skill points and wait for possible changes.

1 Like

Thanks for the thoughtful answer =)

About the collar bomb: actually Iā€™m using a lot, but is annoying because there is some kind of bug that makes me miss the shot for nothing. But i assume theyā€™ll fix this someday.

Iā€™ dont know how good is the Claymore damage at the max lv but the setup and the activaton time are an issue.

What is this use? Mabye Iā€™m already thinking about what it is? If so?! Dammit! Why didnā€™t I think of that.

Eh, well you can leave your hawk behind so it doesnā€™t reveal your location in PvP. It also can take aggro instead of you, sadly it lives like 3 hits.

You can use it to also take aggro from other enemies around if youā€™re already surrounded by 11. that way you lure them closer to your circling (this one applies to anyone with roost)

They have to be close though, so thereā€™s some caveats.

Should I go full dex or mix with con? ar2sap2scout1falco3 build PVE only

if you can borrow your main char OP headgear, go full dex

Yepā€¦ Why didnā€™t I think of it. Well time for me to use 1 point out of my 16!

Edit: So @Composition Iā€™m thinking of grinding out some 315ā€™s for my pet/companion to wield. What say you on the weapons I should choose? My eyes have been drawn towards Gale Slasher and Aufgowle Bow. It seems to me Gale would be better used on the pet/companion than Aufgowleā€¦ What say you? Any other weapons I should look at besides these two?
I will be getting both for my warrior and archer, so testing will be able to get done once I do, but Iā€™m doing this for theory crafting sake.
Anybody else care to give input?

Thereā€™s a clear winner. Emergand cannon with 2 lv 7 red gems, being a sub weapon will net it patk which is added to the petā€™s attack.

Will be like 1000 extra damage, Itā€™s a little more expensive, just by 1 proctorium.