Tree of Savior Forum

Falconer Circling + Ranger Barrage Bug?

Hi Guys, i’m level 195 right now, my class is Ranger c3 + Rogue + Falconer…

I’ve been playing for a while, until i noticed something strange when i use Circling + Barrage, instead of increasing the AOE Ratio of the skill, it’s doing the opposite, it’s decreasing the AOE of barrage and thus making it useless, has someone else noticed it too? I saw a video that a falconer has the same problem.

Here’s the video

Thanks ^^

1 Like

Pls note that Barrage DONT have aoe ratio, as it is NOT a “true” aoe skill. Its just hit 5 times in a specific arc ( where your char is facing).

But, indeed, thats a strange “synergy” between barrage and circling, but even so circling should do nothing to barrage.

what SHOULD happen here, is that barrage hits get doubled (-> hidden passives thread)
But it looks like the hits get halved or at least spread out more instead Oo

why should barrage hits get doubled? isn’t that feint only synergies?

edit: wow after watching the vid circling completely destroys the barrage, what a weird shame.

huh… no.

again, Barrage DONT have aoe ratio.

@LargeBanana yes, you are right.

Hmm i see, thanks for the reply, i didnt know about this xD, but according to what you just said, circling shouldn’t do anything at all to barrage then… =/, im kinda of sad right now, i’m planning on going Cannoneer, i hope circling doesn’t affects negatively cannoneer’s skills too… right now Falconer is kinda of useless to me :cry:

circling works with some of the cannoneer skill, and it enlarge the AOE so i don’t think you completely messed up your envisioned build.

edit: don’t you take any other skill on falconer tree? like hovering? it’s useful at least.

Circling works great with cannoneer. Cannon blast goes from hitting a decent chunk of enemies to pretty much everything under circling area. Cannon Shot goes from hitting 2~4 enemies (with no aoe ratio gear) to pretty much anything it can hit within its small-medium sized AoE range.

Yes, i plan on taking hovering and some points into pheasant too

Here’s the build im planning on doing

edit: forgot link

yeah well with that build i don’t personally think your falconer will be that useless.

I did a party with an archer 3 / rogue / falconner today.
And it seems when he was doing circling, all my Swordman skills were hitting only one target.

You should probably post this in Bug Report.

I already posted in bug report, but i don’t think they care… another guy posted too and they gave no answer.

Circling is reducing our AOE attack ratio it seems. (With some skills, basic attacks, etc), instead of reducing monster AOE defense ratio…

Barrage is useless with circling, i didn’t know circling was affecting swordsman skills too. wtf.

I’m running the same build and happened to bump into this. Is this still the case about barrage + circling?

So far Ive rarely encounter the bug tho whenever I do sometimes its when the party has an Oracle with Forecast activated. I use barrage+feint with circling everytime so it seems fine to me now especially after I had maxed the Circling’s Attribute. Not sure if its coincidence or just some hidden mechanic since the attribute’s description is kinda vague.

Oh that clears everything now. In exchange of unlimited AoE there’s a chance that your damage will be nullified. Thanks a lot.

what are you talking about?

Not sure if this is still active, or if anyone cares, but they seemed to have fixed this bug in the last patch without saying so. I did a 190 run and feint+barrage with circiling was hitting everyone in the circle. Try it out and see for yourself!

3 Likes