Tree of Savior Forum

EXP Rate lower than KR version

EXP rate is much lower than KR server. Is this the natural exp rate for international server?

Also EXP card patch isn’t on the CBT. This is a really bad atm.

@STAFF_Marikim

10 Likes

I agree that it feels much lower compared to KR. I even found a blue shiny mob and it didn’t give me as much EXP as I expected.

I didn’t notice that KR increased the EXP gained from the EXP cards though. Looks like I have a reason to go back there now.

Well, I hope they don’t increase the EXP rate. I like it the way it is now.

4 Likes

Okay, I just compared the Lv 3 EXP Cards from both servers and the difference is absolutely huge.

In our international server, it gives 2814 char EXP and 2166 class EXP.

In the KR server, it gives 8442 char EXP and 6500 class EXP.

4 Likes

Maybe theyre trying out what rates show which results. I’d say its fair. I definitely dont want to progress through this game too fast and enjoy the scenery in the areas and explore. I’ve had no issues fighting things 1-2 levels higher than i am or getting a party for anything.

Also, this is one way to show questing isnt a valid source of exp. If you just quest you will be underleveled as you follow along the quest line. This encourages grinding a bit and item farming, which imho is needed in mmos. If its all just casualplay the game replay value drops immensely

1 Like

I believe in the KR-CBT, if you read the patch notes, they are experimenting with experience rates. They changed it a few times already in the last few days.

2 Likes

While I don’t mind it being this when it goes official. Actually I’d like it like this. I do think it’s a bit to slow for 7 days beta.

2 Likes

Is our rates slow or are their rates fast? Personally It seemed way too fast on the KRCBT to me, matter of preference I suppose.

1 Like

Okay no that is way too much. I can understand if, let’s say KR is 100% EXP and we the INT server are 75%. But to go as far as and go at about 30~40% only? That’s way too much of an EXP nerf.
While I like to work for my “payment” and my achievments there are also things that are just too much.

Well you guys all need to remember this is a BETA test and you are there to find bugs not hit level 100. Ever occur to you that maybe they want people to stay at certain levels longer to both stress test and find bugs in each area rather then move through the game super fast?

Complaining about rates on release is mute really it will be what it is. Enjoy the game!

6 Likes

But there may be bugs on high Rank Classes, quests, maps and stuff. With so many people playing, a few will find bugs that the other might not have, so staying 2 days between levels 1 and 20 is not something good for testing.

Also, I hope they are testing players reaction to this EXP rate or that this EXP rate is a bug.

People are talking about not wanting to hit max level soon, but even on KR it is not that fast and remember max will be near 600. You see some players at level 160 now on streams with one week of game, but they are playing only one character and more than 12 hours per day. MOST players are not even past 80 yet.

2 Likes

This, this guy gets it.

Your suupose to find bugs and test out the area, not rush to max level. Plus the game is not set in stones it is a close beta.

1 Like

In kr with normal exp (monday) leveling up rank 3 classes was slow on last 5 levels, but was pretty good for an “oficial exp”. On the other hand right now, after yesterday’s exp rate change, it’s too easy to level (3 hours and i got from 80 to 97 with 8 lv. On rank 4 class). I dont really want to see how low is the exp rate on iCBT. Gonna continue the kr testing for the time.

We are talking about a game that goes up to level 400 or something like that. Streamers that play all day on the Korean server are in the 150-170 range - that server has been open longer and they play all day! Now look at the international version and see players who are already underleveled for the zone they are in by the time they get to the mines, which is about level 16 or so. It doesn’t bode well for the next two hundred levels if you know you have an insurmountable grind ahead of you.

I’m confused as to why this would be the case, as its usually the opposite and the Eastern versions require more grinding! I’m against it being too fast of course, but I will always, always side on whatever ends up with less grinding. In my opinion grinding is not fun - it is an archaic and niche mechanic rewarding only those with a LOT of free time and that doesn’t attract as many players.

Can you cross-post this into Feedback?

5 Likes

Exactly. While there may be people who have fun in grinding and killing the same boss over 800 times (Elsword Reaper title sends its regards lol) that is just the minority. The majority doesn’t want to grind all day every day and finally reach max level after what felt like 2 years. I also understand the thing about making you work for something, but if that means having “no life” then it’s a big mistake. Right now the EXP rates are not big enough. Yes yes yes, we need to test. But what about the higher things? The beta endgame content also needs testing! Not just the low level starter content!
As the EXP rates are now a simple 50% boost would be enough. So let’s say our EXP rates right now are 1x, then just make it 1.5x and we’ll see how it goes. If it’s too fast we can lower it again. After all this IS a test version right?

1 Like

I like the current EXP rates. They built a beautiful game, and fast EXP rates allow players to rush through each zone like a race, which kills immersion. So what you can’t get to higher level content faster? That’s not the point of the game and is only a recent trend with newer MMOs. Keep it the way it is for launch.

1 Like

Yes but again guys you are talking about a MMORPG this is but 1 BETA out of many and they need to test each portion of the game thoroughly. EXP is the least of anyone’s worries.

PLUS the Korean games always get toned down and made less grindy due to western civilization being both lazy and impatient most of them don’t want to grind, personally i like it as it gives the players that do put that effort in a reward.

Our rates are definitely too low for the western market.

Grinded ~5 hours to get from 30 to 40, all at the same goat spot because no where else compared. When you consider that most classes are still relying on their weapon swing at that level, yeah, monotony sets in quickly.

If they want to increase the experience rate for beta testing purposes that’s fine, but I don’t see anything wrong with leveling being slow in the live version. That’s my personal preference though, the game is beautiful and partying is fun so I enjoy the grind. Games tend to lose interest to me once i’ve hit max level… but I know for others that’s where they want the game to start. If this rate is too slow than I sure hope the happy medium isn’t too much higher.

2 Likes

If the leveling rate is too fast people will hit max level soon and get bored, all the many hours that artists have spent on the monsters and area designs will be for nothing, while end game areas will be flooded.

On the other hand if it’s too slow, people will quit early and only your dedicated players will see every area.

Finding a balance between the two is difficult, however I personally would rather take my time and have fun in the leveling process than to blow past it in a couple of months. If you find that the combat isn’t entertaining enough to you to make grinding fun then I also doubt you’ll be sticking around long after you’ve reached max level as well.

In this game you’ll very likely be doing the exact same things at level 80 that you were doing at 500, if you find it dull trying to level then you’ll find it even more dull doing it and not gaining experience from it. Grinding looks to be at the very heart of this game, if you don’t like it, then perhaps it’s just not for you.

I’m hoping this doesn’t come off as sounding rude, but I’m not sure if I can put it any other way.