Tree of Savior Forum

EXP Rate lower than KR version

Lvl16 is fine for the mines 0.o, there is a step up in difficulty in dungeons compared to fields which makes partying more attractive, but having said that, I still solo mines1 easilly at 15>

Or were you saying that they should be lvl16 but arent? Because I did most of the quests and bosses in the low areas, didnt grind really besides for quests and by the time that was all done, I was 15-16 and ready for mines. If you get there before you hit 15-16 then its time to go back and look for more quests/bosses/gear. I dont really see any issue here at all.

Iā€™m sorry but for anyone saying this is slow so that we can test bugs, staying in the exact same field for hours (because thatā€™s what youā€™ll be doing as you can NOT even test main quests any further till 40+), is NOT testing.

There is literally 5/6 maps worth of content you can test.

Yes the EXP rates are incredibly lower than the KR version. The KR version was having an x3 event, but this is less than .25 of the KR version it feels like.

2 Likes

they probably want to see if the zones work as intended with a normal exp progressionā€¦ Im sure they will raise it later on. Its only day oneā€¦ >_<

[quote=ā€œdironox, post:21, topic:22154ā€]
In this game youā€™ll very likely be doing the exact same things at level 80 that you were doing at 500
[/quote]Not really.

If someone want to go for the base class Circle 3 or any other early Rank Circle deepening, they will have to play with basically the same 3~4 damaging skills for 80~120 levels. I saw an Archer level 63 that only used Oblique Shot to farm.

At level 500 we will be at the start of Rank 10 prob., so a lot more of skills to use, meaning less boredom.

I was saying the latter, yes. I did every quest as well and even stayed in one area grinding a bit since I found a spot where enemies went down fast, but I still reached the mines at level 14. The other players in there were 13-15 as well. Now take that but add to it the fact that the NPCs that give sidequests in the beginner areas are not easy to spot - only the main quest NPCs were marked with a flag. New players to the game can easily miss these quests/NPCs since they donā€™t really know any better and wind up underleveled later. But thatā€™s beside the point.

FatePGN is right in that the exp rate being slow is actually counter-intuitive to testing the game as very few people are going to see later areas, skills, items, and classes, while the beginner areas are going to be tested by a majority of players no matter what the xp rate was. Now if they are experimenting with the xp levels that is fine - I just hope they take the feedback and find a better balance.

Honestly I wouldnā€™t like the EXP cards getting buffed.
I wouldnā€™t like it AT ALL.

Quests are already much better than vanilla grinding at this moment and if they get buffed it would just make the progression completely dependant on doing quest after quest and there are a lot of us who donā€™t like doing that.

1 Like

I hope it will be fixed because western players donā€™t love grindfest

I cant believe ppl sayong card exp is worth it like it is, being 4 times lower than kr ones. Hope you can say the same at lv.50 with lv.3 exp cards.

1 Like

In any case, buff exp RATES in general, not just the exp cards. Otherwise you are gimping an entire way of playing the game and forcing people to do quests to progress.

2 Likes

If people could quest to progress, then it would be somewhat okay.
But we canā€™t even do that now with the rates.

I was hoping to test Falconer in this CBT. I played for 12 hours today (no life!) and only reached level 32 at maximum tilt. Unless they do exp boost events I donā€™t see anyone reaching the final circle of classes.

I agree that xp rates should be boostedā€¦ especially during cbt since not everyone is fortunate enough to play for long hours everyday. Imo, time should be spent on finding errors, typos and bugsā€¦ not on grinding for levels. That can be saved for obt.

1 Like

People need to realized this is a beta version. The developers themselves are testing the exp rate on both sides to find a good medium. I am pretty sure the developers already know the issue. No need to drown yourself in sorrow and camp in this discussion area.

While this is true, and I have been doing this and reporting it in-game. You can not do this after the first couple maps, because you level too slowly and can not even continue the main quest to test out localization/etc.

You canā€™t go to high level maps effectively for testing, because you canā€™t level far enough.

This testing phase was most likely not meant to test out anything besides if steam works, which a 5 day super low exp rate beta was not needed for.

1 Like

Speak for yourself, some of us also donā€™t like bouncing back and forth clicking on npcs with exclamation marks over their head to level either. Would rather kill things instead of clicking next on dialog screens 5 times and getting a large chunk of XP.

If I wanted to do that Iā€™d just play one of the many other western games that have been copy and pasting the same formula over and over for the past 10 years.

2 Likes

So you enjoy games where they make you grind insane amounts of exp practically out of the tutorial stages of the game?

Iā€™m all for grind, I prefer it over quest dialogue.

But this is not how you do it.

1 Like

But the early game seems completely fine in regards of Quest EXP, I donā€™t think it needs a buff at all.

1 Like

Your correct the early game is fine, but getting to tenet gardens, or even fighting gesti is still the very very early linear stages of the game.

Perhaps not a tutorial. I just say so, because you donā€™t experience anything about the game really at that point, so it feels like a tutorial.

The early game doesnā€™t, that much is clear. Early game is pretty alright, but after reaching level 23 I could already see where all of this leads. And the beta holds 200 levels, not to mention the 500 levels for release. How long do they plan to take 1 maxed character for? 3 years? Thatā€™s just insane.

1 Like

I imagine the idea is for the game not to be about hitting max level so you can start having fun like in most of your current MMOs, but the journey you and your friends will have over the time you spend trying to reach it.

2 Likes