Tree of Savior Forum

Equipment Potentials

Hi there,

I am still not understanding the functions of an equipment potential.

I will greatly appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this.

During CBT1, trading an equipment causes the potential to go down. I could not remember how much potential the item had left before I was entrusted to transfer it to another person’s alternate character.

After the item was passed to me, I could not return it anymore. After looking closely at the item description, the only thing I suspected that caused it was the potential as it was 0.

-is there a way to prevent a drop in the equipment potential during trades?
-is there a way to restore potential once it hits 0?
-what other known methods causes potential to drop (I know failing fortification does)
-can the equipment still be equipped when potential is 0?
-are there anything else I/the community should know about equipment potentials?

Or, is there an already comprehensive guide/Web page explaining equipment potentials?

Thanks! (Terribly sorry if this question was asked before, I did not use the search function. I’m on my phone and its a bit inconvenient for that).

1 potential per trade (auction house included).
1 potential per opening a slot on a piece of gear.
1 potential per failing to upgrade a weapon.

There is no way to prevent potential loss on trades, or restore it once it hits 0.

You can equip gear with 0 potential.

Edit, missed a couple that @mainapakadon pointed out:
add socket / adding magic amulets / Briquetting / Item Awakening

4 Likes

every equipment has different potential rate

2 Likes

Thank you both so much!

It’s an prevention from older players selling their equips and that this would be sold over and over.
Artifically increases the amount of “need to farm it”.

But i personally like that system.

Still worrysome, you need to check that or otherwise your friends weapon will end up to be stuck at you xD.

1 Like

I’m not fond of the loss of potential on trades… Because that means you can’t lend stuff to friends.

What does that change?
Because farming will always be one of the main occupation of this game after all.
If the item you want is not on the market, you’ll have to farm for it… Like in every game, no?

Jes and No.

If you’r level 100 and got a new weapon. You could just give that weapon up for some money.
If that weapon get’s traded again after that, when that guy has no use … it’s an endless circle and deduces the amount of “farming” and “time sink” for the general populace.

Decreasing the worth too.

2 Likes

But in the end, that “useless” weapon will end in the hands of someone who will find it useful (by need of a better weapon or buy&sell profit).
If not, the weapon will get dusty in a storage or will be sold to a NPC…

There’s no real need to decrease the potential on trades :confused:

And if you loot a weapon for another of your characters? You have to trade it twice to have it on your character (because there is no barrack’s storage)… Meaning the potential will be lower by 2 (and that’s a lot).

Lowering the potential on trades, means that anyone that trades already has a lower chance of getting it to +10.

This promotes actually going out and finding gear on your own if you want the best possible gear.

1 Like

Okay… And what do you do if you loot some rare stuff for one of your reroll character?
You can’t get the “best possible gear” (unless relooting it with the reroll char) :confused:

It’s really annoying :frowning:

Well that’s what happens when you reroll, you can’t just power it up with gear from another character, atleast not without a form of detriment to the gear.

2 Likes

Well that sucks… If only we had a barrack’s storage… :pensive:

it’s one of anti-Inflation machanic.

if don’t have potential,this wll happen, 1stplayer make +15rare weapon with 4socket 5lv gem and sell it 200K
when 2nd player buy it and after used it,sell it to the next player

this’s make everyone don’t lose they financial except 1st player that’s make it but he/she can “farm/grind” from that item and sell it in the same cost as their lost when enchant it

all money transfer from player to player not npc

overall financial of the player in sever alway Increase. The market is filled with cheap rare.

Some item will more expensive based on the passage of time.

1m->10m->100m->1000m

2 Likes

It’s just “useless” to that high level player.
But it’s quite “usefull” to anyone else.

Like how you could farm an level75 weapon easily as level 200.
But having and level 200 weapon in lila, would make you drool.

Deducing the amount it can be traded, helps creating an active time and money sink.

There’s no need to deduce it. But then there’s the developer who things it’s needed, to keep people longer to farm certain things. Without high end people, decreasing that too much by their money grabbing farming.

Like how i was a Archer in RO with an COmposite bow. Till i hit level60, to finally buy an bow for 40k zeny.
If i could have bought that bow from a player for way less, i could have hit level 60 way faster then possible as a new player!

Decreasing the time i spent in begginer areas.
Decreasing the time i farmed low mobs.
Decreasing the time i was emersed in the story and lore of the world.

And possiblity making me skip areas faster then they could churn out new ones.

If i’m able to buy any weapon that is +max from someone. I would stormtroupe trough content… way to fast!
To deny that, there’s potential on weapons and equip.
It may work for a few people, but the majority wont get the benefits from these “handme downs”.

I can remember when i made myself an second char (Archer>Bard) in just 1 day of farming for 3 hours.
From 1 to 70 in 3 hours, where running aroudn and questing to job change took 1 hour alone.
I was able to rush it, because i wanted to help at WOE.
Simply with an bow that i bought cheap for a bit, for each 20~ level gaps.

Then i sold them again and the next guy could do it. Endless slope of decreased farming and leveling time xD.
With potential in that, i would have needed to actually farm myself some things.
(if there wasn’t a acc storage xD)

1 Like

Creating a money sink, yes absolutely… So the top ranked players (who can loot more purple/epic stuff than the lowest ranked players) can sell their expensive items on the auction house, and earn more money than anyone else (except alchemists/pardoners maybe).
It’s normal but… It may dig a huge gap between rich/poor players, so watch out the economy… (yeah for now, we don’t have to care about it, we’ll see that when the game will be released).

We have already some good money sinks: the companions, the attributes, the crafts…

…Hmmm just to be sure… Is the potential decreased when you “manually trade” an item too [right click>trade on a player]? If yes, I think it will be more fair for the players to have an account storage.

[right click>trade on a player]

decreased the potential too

Thanks.

…Ineed20characters.

can we confirm if potential is reduced when donating an equipment to a pardoner class through oblation?

You don’t donate to them, you sell the items in an NPC like shop, of which they get a cut of the normal NPC rate, and you get a reduced rate (normal minus their cut). It goes into the abyss.

It’s basically a convenience service.

This is great for Wiz who don’t have any carry weight :smiley: I didn’t understand Oblation till your post. Tanks fer da expla-nay-shun.