Tree of Savior Forum

[DropPerKill] Drop rate system- DPK- Explained [Updated]2

Test it yourself
20/char

1 Like

Test it yourself
20/char

1 Like

i think this is plausible. if you read oracle skill, which will allow you to know what a monster will drop means a monster has a preset item that it will surely drop as it spawns. with this design of spawn and drop, the system can allow ā€œafter X kill, this next spawn will have this item as dropā€.

1 Like

Then we can conclude this thread is not worth the time, just your bull. Proof? youre free to gather it yourself.

Nothing to see here boys and girls. OP only spat flat out bullshits.

2 Likes

Heā€™s not entirely wrong. At one point DPK tables were listed in the files. Iā€™m a little skeptical of it being a channel wide system as it seems the DPK point value lingers on your character as you travel maps and fight a different enemy.

After 10 k kills on geppetto. I can say this is bulls. Sometimes within 15 mins i get 2 leaves some time 2 hours of nothing. Grand cross recipe from 3k pinos drop 5 in 30 mins ( just one time only). So RNG is real.

1 Like

The more post this thread has, the more people comment without reading all the info they should know.

1 Like

You clearly didnā€™t read what OP stated.

Leaf from gepetto IS NOT DPK. Same for Grand Cross recipe.

1 Like

I have my doubts about if there is a DPK system at all in the game. Itā€™s impossible to prove if it doesnā€™t count only for ā€œselfā€. But it can pretty easily be proved wrong by getting a rare items twice in row.

Also itā€™s really weird to say that the system is punishing players. RNG and server-wide DPK comes down to the exactly same thing, fair chance for all per kill.

Even with RNG youā€™ll have the ā€œAfter 10306 calls of the rand() function, it will roll a 1 out of 10000 which makes 0.01% items dropā€.

A DPK system for player-individual kills would be fair, but it also is usually not so suited in MMORPGs because it will just make everyone hunt items for himself. The good thing about RNG is that people who donā€™t need the item will get it and then they sell it and that creates a market.

On the other hand, Iā€™d be happy if I had gotten 5 Arde Daggers in my 100 level 90 dungeon runs rather than none for the last 90 runsā€¦

Thatā€™s also just a rumour though. The ?% on the wiki simply means nobody active on the wiki bothered with testing the drop rate yet.

Couldnā€™t it be both? You get a %chance of a list of items per DPK. So kill one from popolion you would be at 50% popolion meat. Kill 20 you would be at % popolion meat, 1% wooden sheild. Kill 50 you would be at 60% popolion meat, 5% wooden sheild, 1% crude long rod and so on and so forth until some mixture of red orb, blue orb, gem drop and it resets back to kill one. This would allow for the deviances we have seen without disproving some form of DPK.

That is true. OP didnt really have any evidence to show it off. But his finding is debatable.

Only way to prove this out is if the dev actually tell us about such cruel system exist in the game.

1 Like

Just a random bullshit? Look at 50,000 kills and more thread, you would see a corresponding threshold samples. NotsoAccurateNo1 is one of the players who hunted for almost 100,000 infroktors and similar trend reoccured, Ingel provided insight on how to get a %chanced based drop; 100,000 kills 10 blue and red orb, and if youā€™re telling me this thread isnā€™t worth a time then youā€™re badly mistaken, everyone playing Tos is concerned regarding drops, no one wants unfair drops.

2 Likes

Nothing against OP, but, if I were going to invest 100 hours into something, complete with having a friend hop in-channel to secure the drop, Iā€™d have recorded at least 5-10 videos of me saying ā€œ100th kill, come quickā€ and recording my friendā€™s 2 kills to get the drop.

Additionally Iā€™d have provided at least 1 full uninterrupted video of myself counting the kills from the last drop, up to 100, and then calling my friend in with his confirmed drop as well (to make sure people donā€™t think I just typed ā€œ100 killsā€ and had him kill a mob, and keep cheesing and saying ā€œ100 killsā€ until it magically drops and then use that video as proof).

Iā€™m not the OP, but, again, OP should have submitted video proof before a community such as this. Especially with such claims being touted as irrefutable fact.

Like in my (old) post about hair enchantment oddsā€¦ it wouldnā€™t have been enough if I said ā€œHey, I did the math, trust me, these are about what your odds are.ā€ because people would have wanted to see the math I used to achieve those results. Same here- while we all appreciate the hard work and testingā€¦ we still need a little more than someone saying ā€œHey, I did all the work, trust me, this is how DPK worksā€ XD

2 Likes

so when i did 12000 terra imp kills over all the channels, in fact i just helped so many people farm terranium, because i did not get a single oneā€¦ nor monster gemā€¦

Just a question out of interest: play you killcount to 1 before drop, gather a mob and aoe them. According to your testing the dkp item drops once. But as all mobs die simultaniously - assuming its a single hit aoe - how should the server now dimstinguish which mob had which killcount?
Ofcourse this doesnt matter for the dropping in itself, but does it possibly throw of the next dpk start or are all kills just invalidated and dkp starts anew when the item has been added to your inventory.

Monsters never die simultaneously if you look at it from a coding-perspective. The ā€œmonster deadā€ function will be called when a monster dies, if 10 monsters die in a single hit, it will still call the ā€œmonster deadā€ function 10 times in row, not simultaneously.

So which mob is the first to die? Well I havenā€™t investigated this enough, but in Ragnarok Online for example the monster that was most south-west was processed first.

I donā€™t think the server looks at kill count, per se. Spawn count would make more sense. Because monsters have predetermined drops as they spawn.
So, the server just looks at your 20 sum mobs you just nuked and counts them all towards the next kill count (spawn count).

I donā€™t think he started into it thinking he was going to provide anything for the community. I think it was all out of self interest. But heā€™s compiled his finding anyways. So whatā€™s your guysā€™ beef?

This is only true if Terranium falls under DPK. I havenā€™t investigated much else outside of infrorockters so I cannot say whether it falls to RNG or DPK. If it does fall to DPK, you absolutely helped other farmers. It would also be better to stick to one channel next time if the spawn rate is fast enough, or two/three channels if thereā€™s gaps in spawns. If it falls to RNG, well you just have to pray to RNGesus.

1 Like

Test it yourself
20/char