Tree of Savior Forum

[DropPerKill] Drop rate system- DPK- Explained [Updated]2

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Whos to say while he was asleep 4999 werent killed and he just has 1 to go?

If its better to change channels and you do it anyway, how do you know how many kills you have to go at that point? what if its just 1 more?

Actually farming for the items does give you a much higher chance of getting the item vs a passer by. If it has a 100k kill drop rate are you going to farm one and stay in the same spot for the next 100k without logging out? No, your going to change channels and not know at all how many to go. So this whole thing doesnt matter.

Maybe youre the type that goes on the forums and complains about RNG when someone next to them gets what they want, but in this case youre blaming the system.

Edit: Too bad guys, too bad.

10 Likes

You wouldn’t know how many more kills you’d need. But you would know that there’s, at worst, just as many kills to take out of that channel as the one you just swapped from.

1 Like

That’s not true. Disproving is often easier than proving, esp. in maths, since you only need to show one example where the theory is wrong, while the one who tries to prove it, has to show that it is right for every single possible case.

(And if the theory is proven, it’s impossible to disprove it anyway. Because someone already showed that it’s true in every single case.)

There are scientific fields where it’s completely impossible to prove a theory (psychology for example, you simply can’t observe every human that ever existed or might exist in the future … there is no thing like induction by n in human science), the only thing you can do is collect evidence that it might be true and to try hard to disprove it. And if enough people tried to disprove it and failed, then the theory becomes common practice.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You cannot control this. You don’t know if someone came into your channel and disrupted the kill count.

Your idea is solid but sadly no one can prove this theory unless the channel gets completely locked down to you and your friend in the experiment. All I’m trying to do is point out that your work could have been spoiled and you would have no clue. You me and everyone who plays this game lacks the capability to observe all players in a channel and what they’re killling and drops they’ve obtained at all times. What if someone logged in and happened to log into your exact channel and kill something and you never knew it? Then all of the sudden your testing in your words gets spoiled.

1 Like

Test it yourself
20/char

1 Like

Test it yourself
20/char

Test it yourself
20/char

1 Like

I’d prefer it, if we had a mixed system of RNG and DKP for rare items. Like always having a 0,1% chance with every single kill, but a guaranteed drop after 1000 kills.

I didnt attack you. You were the one talking like its unfair or whatever so i responded to that.

I do appreciate the info though.

Ok. So you would know that there is somewhere between 1kill and 100k kills while in the other channel you know for a fact its 100k kills.

Just make a video of you predicting an item which is going to drop next. Starting from 20 kills until you hit the DPK youre talking about. 3 videos of you doing that would suffice.

1 Like

Test it yourself
20/char

Well, even if it was based on our own kill count, I’d not like a pure DKP system. It totally kills the possibility of getting lucky. (Of course, it also gets rid of being unlucky, but … meh, knowing that I have to kill a set number of monsters nomatter what sounds kind of boring.)

1 Like

Test it yourself
20/char

Test it yourself
20/char

Test it yourself
20/char

Why coudnt you do it yourself? It is more scientific than your"I compiled 100hours of documentation of drops in here".

Im not here to disprove you or anything, im here to see your evidence if it is true or not. You provided nothing so far other than i said so.

Fair doesn’t equal exciting.
I completely agree, it’d be fair … that just doesn’t mean that I’d like it. But I guess that’s a matter of personal taste.

1 Like