Tree of Savior Forum

[DropPerKill] Drop rate system- DPK- Explained [Updated]2

Test it yourself
20/char

I do believe the white boater needed 101k kills. Iā€™ve already accumulated 140k kills and not dropped a boater (split by maintenance). I havenā€™t seen a channel die but Iā€™d assume the count would reset if resetting the channel meant dumping the channelā€™s memory. (Iā€™ve also killed more than 30k in one sitting but that either puts the boater in the RNG list or it means the kill count is higher).

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The thing about DPK is, if itā€™s true, youā€™ll never get a white boater if you only spend your time grinding right after maintenance and not going a full 101k kills before calling it quits until the next week.

1 Like

This seems plausible, Iā€™ve seen similar trends whenever I grind mobs.

1 Like

Test it yourself
20/char

1 Like

Iā€™m not all against it, but I would have my boater by now.

1 Like

Test it yourself
20/char

Test it yourself
20/char

Iā€™m sorry but your testing is littered with variables you arenā€™t controlling and or observing so you canā€™t really come to a conclusion that states it works X way. Its an interesting read and youā€™ve provided a decent theory. Youā€™ve provided a very small amount of information based off you observing drops on your character. Well if you really are proving this you need to have a controlled environment first and lets face it you donā€™t have that capability. I applaud you for trying to figure this out. However drawing a conclusion based off a correlation you observed during poorly controlled tests is doing the community an injustice by misinforming people that it works this way.

6 Likes

Yes but it is testingā€¦
Whatever information provided is what has been observed. Why would we keep it to ourselves?

@Bald_Dad
Seems like we need to kill just one infrorockter, wait for it to respawn, and kill again, 200 times, to get a solid number on gear drops.

In the mean time, Iā€™m working on leveling an oracle so we can be sure the other spawns are not already carrying the gear. Though, Iā€™m also curios if we can potentially have multiple infrorockter in one channel be stocked up with the same gear drop. To see if the presence of a gear will stunt the drop of another.

Test it yourself
20/char

1 Like

Lets say it was RNG and not DPK and there was a .001% drop rate on an item. Could you still be farming the item for days, then someone run up, kill the monster and get the item? How is this any different? You put it alot of effort and they didnt.

How about 2 people are farming at the same spot. They are both there and do 2k kills each before one leaves, but the item drops at 5k kills. Thats 2k kills that you didnt have to do yourself for this item. If you were alone you would have to do 5k kills by yourself vs the 3k with the other person there.

How about all the other people just passing through. They probably killed some of the mobs and didnt get anything. One person may be get the drop you want, but you still have a better chance of getting vs all the people passing through.

Doesnt seem like a bad system if it works this way. Unless people can keep track of it with a program and be able to know when an item is going to drop without actually being thereā€¦

Test it yourself
20/char

Test it yourself
20/char

Iā€™m not trying to disprove it. I canā€™t disprove it cause it has not been proven. You would first need to prove it for me to disprove it. Iā€™m not trying to shoot you down. I think your observations have merit. But further testing is required before you can draw any conclusion. Keep this in mind next time youā€™re running tests on something and you make an observation. Correlation does not imply Causation.

2 Likes

I thought you said it didnt reset? not exactly sure what you mean by it though. Do you mean the DPK is by person? So, he did 2k kills, logged off and now he has to do 5k more since he logged out? Then how do people get things on their first kill? im confused now. I thought it was per kills on a channel.

Yea and you can still get nothing for a million kills. At least with this system you know youll get it at one point.

From reading some of this, it seems you like to farm for items and once it drops you stay on the same channel since you know exactly you have left to kill. Wouldnt it be better to change channels after the item drops since that channel has the max amount of kills left? maybe the next channel has 1/10 the kills to go.