Tree of Savior Forum

[DropPerKill] Drop rate system- DPK- Explained [Updated]2

Its a simple random generator script... Proof? Im looking for a Battle Bracelet for 2 weeks. I found two in last wednesday, after a two week searching. Try to make an algorithm to explain this :unamused:

More anecdotal non-evidence from the opposition party.

If anything, long term item hunting with spread out farming periods coming up with few results supports the DPK theory. The fact that you got 2 in one day suggests to me that you were in a dead channel for a long period of time on that day.

1 Like

sage wall is RNG tho,not dpk?

1 Like

Also,just dropped an hanamin gem with about 3,5k kill count

It would be interesting to see if certain classes raise the DPK counter for gems of their specific class by 2 instead of 1 as well.

Its dpk for sure. Had to get out of my way and wake up at 2am and get an consistantly empty channel just to find it. Using lkchannel addon. After it dropped, went straight to work. Horrible experience with dpk. If its available in the market, youā€™re better off saving silver to buy it. I just want the recipe so when i craft it, i have it at itā€™s max potential. Neither the shield or recipe are available in the market on my server. So i have to spent 3 painful lack of sleep days for it. DPK sucks. Gonna take a break and catch up on sleep. And no im not going to atttemp white boater, its unhealthy. I know this isnā€™t a fair comparison, but in ragnarok online monsters cards are 0.01% drop rate. And in a span of 3hours I usually get like 1-3 cards in a not so mobby map. In mobby maps 8+ cards lol. So Im pretty certain sage wall is DPK. Most monster gems probably DPK. I killed this random group on infros and got itā€™s gem. Once in demon prison2 i was giving this random person free leech on the condition that i set party to individual kill drops, she randomly decided to attack killed like 2 monster and got gem in front of me. Theres 2 other people there but i was the one clearing the rooms fastest. Now i just hope boss cubes arenā€™t rotating items on the same cubes in that server. I hear people get what they want more often when stacking over a month worth of cubes.

i got 2 wizard bracelet from at the same time not by dpe, my kill counts just 40, 2 <0.5% items in dpk thatā€™d take over 2000. did i steal kill count from the other over all chanels, then htf they killed 1999 mobs for my luck

@^ my friends stack over 400 cubes still no petaminon, now heā€™s 700+
he got enough talt to buy it lol

fck the dpk theory, remove ur kill-count addon then watch RNGesus smite you

You donā€™t need kill count addon to track your kills. You can just look at the in game clunky UI known as adventurer log. Maybe those petamions got sniped by random players lol. We still arenā€™t sure how items drop yet. Someone mentioned that in ktos its comfirmed to be dpk. Here it seems that his claims are pretty convincing.

Nobody has ever claimed cubes are DPK. That doesnā€™t even make sense.

The only problem I have is monster gems, I farmed my sissel bracelets, max peta, manamana etc months ago. Now Iā€™m trying to get a running shot gem for 1 of my alts and its nearly impossible b/c ppl all monitor the channels to see which is being farmed and they calculate the day the dpk window will be and then they show up with 2 or 3 buddies and just dibo all the spawns, and no-one is willing to help build the dpk, they jus sit around and wait for someone else to do it, if the dpk is true its broken as fk, just promotes being a dirtbag and stealing drops.

1 Like

i thought sage wall was RNG,0.01% drop rate at least is what it says on database.
some ppl got with 300 kills others 1000ā€¦etc,etc.

Considering how world bosses work I think itā€™s safe to say the devs encourage that kind of play.

Itā€™s called being at the right place at the right time.

Firstly thanks for the suggestion.

Iā€™ve already completed phase 1 of my test.

The pro of this mob is that the spawn rate and area size is really good, thus very farm-able.

The con though is that the DPK count seems like it is ~200, which is a lot higher than I hoped for. This means that I can only conduct a test with 95% confidence instead of a 99% confidence interval that I initially wanted to do.

Also 3 people came by, and one of them f*cked up my first drop :(((( he completely ignored my yellow tag: ā€œTesting DPK, please use another ch ty!ā€. Even after I asked him nicely to leave he was like ā€œmy quest is almost done Iā€™m not going to go through a loading screenā€ and he only left after I started ksā€™ing him like mad. What a ā– ā– ā– ā– .

If anyone has a highly farm-able mob with a DPK of less than 100, please let me know. And I can conduct a test with even higher statistical significance.

Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

I think a dpk of 200 is very easy. I actually killed 2000+ shardstatues for 2 wizard bracelets. And 17k+ venucelos for sage wall.

@jchsc32 Did this happen to you?
Iā€™m sorry to hear that but I warned you.
How about you report this behavior via ticket or forum thread to give this topic more attention?
They added a debuff to World Bosses because of complaints by the community so itā€™s not impossibleā€¦

@EinZweiDrei Did you drop an orb or monster gem from venucelos?
Just curious.

Tosbase lists Sage Wall Recipe as RNG drop and itā€™s very unlikely (Not impossible, of course) that they changed that particular drop.
Now, I do agree that, even at 0.01% it SHOULD drop more often, it doesnā€™t FEEL like 0.01%.
I remember farming Skeleton Worker cards and I never had to farm for multiple days to drop one.

@CookyKim I have yet to find an item that has a lower DPK than 100, especially with a decent spawn rate, sorry!

Glad you finally got it. Sage Wall and Medakia Metal decoration were the most annoying items to farm for myself, not because of DPK but people kill stealing my loot. Personally, iā€™d buy Medakia decoration off Market, but thereā€™s none on Klaipeda server, no wonder why. And Nukella has a higher DPK, like 4.7kā€¦

Infrorocktors are pretty much the ideal mob to go with due to the ease at which you can kill them. Unfortunately, it is too bad that the amount of channels have been cut back significantly since I farmed for my boater; I believe channels went up to at least 15 at the time (I farmed on channel 9). I guess this would increase oneā€™s chances of getting a boater, but it would also increase the chances of someone else stealing it.

Alternatively, you can opt to go with the Mark Tunic as a DPK test item (100 kills), however, Ingel has already shown the results for it (youā€™ll want to click on the ā†‘ at the top right corner of the post quote to see his original post; this will allow you to view the videos and screenshots from the drop down portion of his data):

Edit: Youā€™d be killing Black Maize at Vieta Gorge.

2 Likes

Not every item is DPK.
Medakia Metal Decoration is listed as ?%, DPK.
Nukella is listed as 0.01%, RNG.
Even if they did change Nukella at some point, youā€™d have to drop it multiple times in around the same amount of kills to prove that itā€™s not RNG.

Itā€™s easier and more beneficial to focus on items that are listed as DPK to confirm they are DPK than to try to identify an RNG item as DPK.

2 Likes

Nope no venucelos gem. I did get one venucelos red orb though. Tosbase doesnā€™t always have the right information, theres still alot information about drops we donā€™t know yet. Yes a while back when i use to level my GX at nogg2 i would come back to prontera with a crap load of cards every session. So im certain those 0.01% are actually dpk or a much lower drop rate. The reason i think cubes might also follow the same is the fact that some people stacked over hundred of cubes and get no item with 1% probablility. Its probably like this, every harpuia cube open on this server counts towards the item interval. 89/100 for talt, 10/ 100 for card, and 1/100 for that peta and other items. If you land on that 1/100, then rng comes into play here, so number of 1% items divided by 100% means an even lower rate. In some cases like the 217 dungeon cube i think the rate is 179/200 talt, 20/200 card, 1/200 for animus and octrava recipe. But there might be something like this, in that 1/200 there are 1/4 to obtain one of those items, 3/4 being otrava 1/4 being animus with rng. But thats just a theorycrafting. No idea what the rates are but seems convincing, I got 4 piece of crap suncus maul from 190dungeon. As for the lv90 dungeon, the stuff there drop at a pretty good rate there. I got 3 arde daggers from there.