Tree of Savior Forum

Drop System Reworked - Fully Implemented

I prefer to call DPK as B_DPK. In memory of scientific research of @Bald_Dad who adamantly defended DPK to death. BaldDadPerKill.

1 Like

Now thats just being petty.

Its just a name. Being petty, bland, weird or doesnt make sense, dont matter. What people should focus on is the context of the research.

Question on the new Drop System, Would this be advantage for players using clairvoyance or double pay skills?

That depends, in a sense it’s more difficult because you can’t predict when the item will drop, so that means no more exclusively using that skill when you get close to the DPK value, but at the same time the RNG element means always using it gives you a chance.

I suspect something has changed though as I’ve had phenomenal luck with DPE, I’ve got no real data on it other than a few lucky drops but still it was an outlier to what I had experienced previously. I’m still far from convinced though.

To the people still confused why they’re dropping the same stuff in close succession, maybe the following still applies:

To illustrate:

Each color represent a spawn group.

Credits to @kyokahn for sparking the idea and to @Bald_Dad for spreading the truth about DPK (funny how he got questioned so hard during the early days for spreading “unverified information”).

1 Like

Mobs that only spawn when a player pass up them count for one of these groups.

They are very easy to notice if you play Scout, they get aggro as soon as they spawn and disappear as soon as aggro is lost(target enters cloak).

thanks for information,

Just to share my experience few days back, I was on Viltis Forest doing questing. I have used clairvoyance on woodluwa and pop up a rapid bangle recipe then kill it and drop that recipe. I had search more woodluwa using only clairvoyance got 6 of them in 1 day then crafted the 2 after that go back to the forest search some more got 2 more recipe.

I was just confuse on the drop rate system now, previously way back 4 months this recipe is so hard to get even using clairvoyance.

It’s very possible that many of the drop rates have changed, that includes moving items to RNG from DPK, and with Scaling DPK, there’s always a chance of it dropping now too.

It’s a good change either way in a sense but hope you guys continue to document it down.

Anyway cheers. Good luck in the future
The only thing that might need additional attraction is actually making dungeon drops more RNG loot or gears that is actually comparable to a tier or 2 below solmiki.

It will attract more people to full run it. then now just going to solmiki and farming bless shard bots x infinite.

I have grown too tired of the game already

Thats actually a nice idea … most common previously DPK numbers know were obviously the Orange weapons materials, ranging from 350~675. Then we have some misc. drops like the white recipes needed for virtov with 90~120.

Sadly i’ve removed DPK Helper from my addon list, as it creates unnecesary anxiety while hunting for me. But i would like to ask @Queue or anyone interested on this to gather data on the kill counts needed to get certain drops on your ToS life. This information can’t be datamined anymore so being able to build a new drop rate database would be awesome.

2 Likes

I wish I was dedicated enough, maybe when TOS improves a bit and I feel like I can fully invest myself into something so detailed.

2 Likes

If you always knew the exact definition, then you were deceiving people when you guys pushed other ideas. With the .01 drops per kill explanation, you admit you were going against the definition by calling that 100 DPK. Considering how much more easily I can get drops by taking advantage of the system when other people are farming incorrectly, it’s no wonder you’d want to trick them.

You’re just talking nonsense now.

1 Like

The new DPK system will need some rework in the scaling values.

If we talk about the expected kill count required until drop, instead of the expected percentage, we can show that for a DPK large enough, the new drop system will required only half of the kill count compare to percentage based.

This is confirmed in a simulation for DPK ranging from 1 to 500 and measuring the kill per drop until getting 100000 drops. The simulation showed that for a DPK of 100, the expected kill count for percentage based is 96% higher than the new DPK system. For DPK higher than 200, the convergence towards 2 is slow.

Edit:
The formula for new expected kill count is 1+(DPK-1)/2, which is why the “large enough” plays a role.

New system is clearly bugged – I’ve seen a rare recipe (old DPK value of 500) drop 10 times in a row after a certain number of kills, so the value that is decremented after an unsuccessful drop attempt isn’t reset after a successful drop.

Or you are insanely lucky.

The drop system was reverted, or at the very least nerfed, to what it was previously. What we had wasn’t even Scaling DPK as the drops were much too random, and not consistent with the information we had on Scaling DPK, which probably means it was a placeholder system.

2 Likes

They probably readjusted the drop ratios with the new scaling DPK. like from 1-200 become 1-400.

Scaling DPK should emphasis drops at around 50%-75% of the DPK value, this is not the case before or after the changes which leads me to believe we never had it in the first place. This also explains the GM’s hesitancy to confirm either in game, or through the patch notes.

More data is still needed for confirmation, but the preliminary evidence seems complimentary.

1 Like