Tree of Savior Forum

Unluck or bug wtf is this?

Have you sacrificed your first born to the RNG Gods? :urn:

I feel like I might kind of know what is said here but this is bad . I don’t even think that was Google translated maybe Bing?

• Heard that few people got it after 600 kills.
  • Didn’t get it in 850 kills.
  • Creates a stupid topic.
2 Likes

I will only answer this time since on the DPK thread i already answered lots of stuff and in the end people tend to grab what make they feel more at easy in the end.

As for Lemurs, they spawn en mass in the marked area, i farm Glass Brac there and it is so easy, they spawn fast too so it is not a big deal.

Map credits goes to toscamp.com.

Anyway, you can’t go comparing normal stuff with rare stuff, specially from low level areas since they are probably high drop rate there for who is just starting, get something more valuable to test like Glass Brac and even the cannon i linked. Specially these since the maps are most of the time empty and you can test to your hearts content and the monsters which they drop are easy to kill (around 7k HP).

there’s actually two bots roaming there in telsiai.

And I tested on low level monsters because the fact that it applies on low level monsters MEANS that it is possible for other monsters as well, which applied to my case in deadborn mages.

this low level test is already enough to prove that DPK exists in the game, no need to deny it(and call it crap, honestly…).

Yes they spawn there, but they also spawn in the rest of the map, so the test won’t be accurate so long as other people are on the map.

Not sure if TOSbase is up-to-date, but if you notice the “Locations” section:

Downtown (15, 15s), Downtown (20, 25s), Downtown (12, 20s), Downtown (7, 25s)

These means that this monster has 4 spawn groups in the map:

Spawn Group 1: Downtown (15, 15s)
Spawn Group 2: Downtown (20, 25s)
Spawn Group 3: Downtown (12, 20s)
Spawn Group 4: Downtown (7, 25s)

Each spawn group have their own DPK count.

With “Glass Bracelet” for example which requires you around 500 kills [+/- 25] (per spawn group), you need to kill 500 from each spawn group before any of them drops the item.

This results into possible instances wherein you get the item one after another in just a few minutes, sometimes right next to each other.

Furthermore, “spawn group” doesn’t necessarily mean that this group of monsters always spawn together in a specific spot.

(@kyokahn need your double-check help here bud, hope I explained it right this time :smiley:)

As @Lostac suggested, check out the DPK thread by @Bald_Dad first. It’s got tons of useful crowdsourced info.

If that is the case, just pic one of the 3 spawn areas i marked in the minimap above, there is one group by the entrance, other close to the npc and another where there are some guards fighting. The last area is a bit above where the goblins are after the petrified soldiers but it is really small.

That said, they spawn to the left of the fighting guards together with some other goblins and close to the lake area with more goblins, in reality, there are more than only 4 spawns, but the main ones are the ones i marked, and as i said before, i got 3x the recipe in less than 400 kills and i was the only one in the map and the spawn area, my friend who came after got one right after her 10th kill in another spawn point.

Well, i am just answering this time because you did an input that i didn’t know about it, but that made my point even more valid i appreciate it.

And as i said, i did participate in that thread, explained the same situation as i did here, i think it is that thread tho, i don’t mark names, but i remember a thread about DPK and what not 2 months or so ago.

I just want to point out that DPK as a value actually exists in the file code alongside your standard RNG %. There’s nothing to speculate about wether it exists or not, because the fact is that it does. Those tosbase values werent pulled from thin air, that’s how they were in the files of the game itself during CBT.

The only thing you can now speculate on is which of the values are still valid : Its unlikely every single value remained unchanged between CBT and now.

Either way, it exists, no two ways about it.

3 Likes

I remember that, someone extracted it from the files, i don’t remember if it was from CBT client or the EA client version, later tho, they tried to extract it again and reported that the file was removed, not sure if it is in there again after merge tho.

But even tho, it could mean that the DPK now is handled in server-side only, but still, it is inconsistent to say it is a fixed value as i stated in my experience above, low level areas you will find a more consistent drop rate because it is the starting area and people need something to start off with. But at mid-high level areas, where you can find good stuff, it will start to change.

Another sample is RM5F, the other day me and my friend tried to farm Medakia Medals, we farmed for about 4 hours, killed lots of them and in the end, we didn’t found any, but got Nukellas and Fox Masks, i killed a bunch of Mauros and didn’t got a single mace but only cores, got 8 storm staffs if not more and some other white crap, and more weapon or w/e drop there that i forgot now.

I do at least 2x a month a Sage Wall farm, stay for hours, never got one recipe, but lots of weapons, materials and gems, the map generally have 1 or 2 more players, the mob there is well spread around the map so it is hard to keep a track.

Other place is, Vieta Gorge (i think it is that map) i farm the Tanus there for the flower sometimes, and i found that there is barely people in there, some are ch surfing trying to get it faster, but they don’t stay long in the ch i am since i kill everything in 1 shot basically, i stop when i see someone trying to do the quest there and when they leave i continue to farm, i got only 1 for the 3 times i went there.

It is something inconsistent, it may have a kill count, but you can’t control how it will go, hence, it is the same as a cheap RNG that seen to cause more issues than anything, or may be because of the bad monster distribution in some areas, i am looking at you Galok lol.

Jokes aside, with the amount of bots in certain areas, it is really hard to pinpoint something.

You’re only half right about DPK being “removed from the client”.
The drop tables themselves were removed entirely. This includes RNG items. But it’s not like the RNG values were modified a lot for those that we have on tosbase, so regardless of the table being accessible, it still exists, DPK included.

I’ve had consistent DPK drops even in high level areas. It helps that I’m on fedimian and thus less people to throw off the kill count, but when I was farming medakias myself, after 1.8k kills I had exactly 16 Storm Staff recipes and 15 Yellow Gems. Taking into account the random player walking through, that matches the DPK for those two items to a T.

And I have personally gotten 3 Medakia Decorations without ever getting a Nukella or any Fox Masks. I considered the fact people claimed they were a DPK item of 4~5k kills (before Tosbase added the value), and just took a break for a few hours after each one, then came back later to farm for another. Basically, I let random questing players (F5 gets traffic due to main quest) do the majority of the work for me, then monopolized all three channels of medakias for myself to ensure all three channels were being killed by me alone when I came back from each break.

If Medakia Metal Decoration was NOT DPK and instead RNG, the fact that people get Nukellas and Fox Masks which are both less than 0.1% drop rate long before a Decoration after thousands of kills, yet I get 3 decorations before any Nukella or Fox Masks in 1.8k kills would be contradictory, no?

I can be as lucky as I want to be, the odds of getting a “theoretical” 0.001% Metal Decoration (if it wasnt DPK) 3 times before a 0.01% Nukella or 0.09% Fox Mask are next to nihil.

I had a similar question in another thread before and someone answered me that spawn groups don’t necessarily mean that they spawn at the same time and/or at the same spot.

One spawn group could have monsters scattered all around the map, but all of them count into the DPK for that group. This allows the possibility of two or more monsters from different spawn groups who are right next to each other to drop the same item consecutively.

1 Like

@EternalDream the thing is, as of now you can say that DPK is attainable (note that i still don’t believe in it even now from my own experiences) since there is low amount of players, but in an environment where you have a good amount of players, all that fall off, which we saw in the first month and in iCBT, but you still can see it in Tenet since the bots run wild in there.

I get the idea but in all honesty i think it is not a good design, it could be worked better, i am not saying to pack a spawn group in one place or that would cause trouble, but a RNG formula would avoid unnecessary codding hence less load in the server.

As for the item the OP is complaining, now more than ever is almost impossible to attain due to the plague of bots in the maps, yesterday i tried to get one for my Sissel recipe but for the time i stay in there i found 5 or 6 groups of bots and a couple of players trying to do the quests i think.

Not sure how other servers are going in population, but Klaipeda is dropping slowly if not faster, i am in no guild and i don’t intend joining one for the time being, missions in certain Lv range are dead, you find them more easy in the end Lvs (260+), same for dungeons, even rushes i see 2 or 3 a day.

Anyway, i am done with this thread, in all honesty i think people shouldn’t be too much hooked into DPK or RNG since it will end in frustration as the OP lol.

Have fun there.

Hehe. At least having knowledge about it isn’t bad. It actually prevents frustration of not getting what you’re hunting for (not the frustration this whole system has brought though) and saves you time.

The time spent trying to hunt for that item could have been spent into farming sure-drop silver instead and just buy the same item from other players via AH.

DPK has its pros and cons, but in situations like the B. Bracelet and other items that are dropped by monsters with ridiculously poor spawn rate it’s just stupid considering bots have more farming power.

1 Like

Yeah, you got this covered, man.

I can testify. I farmed 6 glass bracelets on the fastest spawning mob group I can only assume is a single mob. Ch1, 2 and 3, then again.
500 is about right. Yeah… I’m in Orsha so I know what empty maps are like.

@EternalDream the Nukella / Medakia / Fox was discussed in the DPK thread. IMO, one of those has to be RNG, which would make it much harder to get consistent data, but I haven’t tried it myself. There are too many variables if you don’t test properly and go for anecdotal evidence, but it’s hard to find the time to do it properly.

I won’t tag Nirimetus since he said he’s outta here and he -doesn’t believe-. You can’t believe in science and facts. You could not trust my methods, which is arguably right, but “not believing” is just like covering your ears and your eyes while running in circles screaming. However, he makes a good point and that’s unless you have the time to test and make good use of DPK system in place, you might as well just think about it as a random thing and think you’re lucky when something drops. You can’t grow “too attached” to it unless you can use it properly to your advantage.

Global DPK alone; in my opinion, is not ideal. But neither is RNG or personal DPK. As I’ve said previously, it could be improved, but there’s a huge list of stuff I’d get fixed before that if I had a to make a choice.

1 Like

Well as far as the files are concerned (or well, were, during CBT), Nukella and Fox Mask are RNG while Medakia Metal Decoration is DPK. Given the large kill count required it’s hard to test on your own, especially since there’s 3 seperate medakia spawn groups and discerning which medakia belongs to which spawn group would be incredibly difficult, but by estimation and experience I have little reason to doubt it.

One thing they definitely need to change is Monster Gems though. Some of them have ridiculous DPK amounts like Panto Spearmen making them, combined with spawn rate, literally impossible to acquire by the time server maintenance happens. :confused:

1 Like

DPK definitely is a thing for the cannon recipe. I used to have a doppel guildmate who would farm these and use double pay when he knew the recipe would drop so he would get two of them. Worked everytime for him and he ended up with like 6 recipes.

Well so far 836 kills and no sight of it lol, well i don’t expect it to drop for me as i am unlucky as hell. I might try for the one at Elgos Monastery in the brown harugals.

Tell me about it… I wanted a gem for Rush. Another shattered dream XD

Man, me too! Good thing we’re both not on the same server. Muhahaha! :imp: