Tree of Savior Forum

Drop System Reworked - Fully Implemented

So let me get this straight: With “Scaling DPK” you’re referring to what IMC called “Revised Top-Down DPK System” which is actually a progressive percentages system (PP) and not a DPK system. Where did “scaling DPK” come from, and why not use IMC’s term or PP?

What IMC called “DPK value” is a parameter which was previously used as the counter target in what IMC called “Current DPK System.” If the same parameter gets used in an unbiased RNG system (like if every kill has a 1/value chance of providing the item) it’s still being called the “DPK value” even though the system isn’t DPK.

The core point of a DPK system is this part:

So any DPK system requires a predetermined minimum number of kills per drop before it’s possible to get the item. By contrast, an RNG system can produce the item at any time.

“Revised Top-Down DPK System” is an RNG system that uses PP, so once it’s implemented, DPK will have been abolished. The ninja system we got recently was clearly RNG, but (as I confirmed myself) it didn’t fully follow the description IMC posted for “Revised Top-Down DPK System.”

You’re now claiming in the OP (edited to say “Changes Reverted to Old DPK”) that the system was reverted to “Current DPK System” which was the old kills per drop system. If so, you should be able to consistently predict the mob that drops an orange minos hoof.

2 Likes

Just leaving this here.

2 Likes

The idea behind the terminology of Scaling DPK is the chance of it dropping scales upwards towards the DPK value or limit. It also came before IMC announced the official name for it. As for not naming it PP, I’d prefer a TOS specific name so it’s easy for us to refer to, especially since the drop system isn’t fully Revised Top-Down DPK.

The transitional system we had, as outlined by the maintenance, was introduced incrementally, causing rapid changes that were on the server side which made them impossible to predict. From the initial testing I did, it definitely appeared to have temporarily reverted to the previous system but it now seems to have just been heavily adjusted compared to its first release. Either way the analysis on the rapid changes, and it being temporary were correct.

Gotta love how this will get ignored by the bigheads here who want to keep theorizing and chain defending their tin foil theories.

Just wish people would provide hard data rather than ‘feelings’ and then when countered spend the next week trying to defend their ‘feelings’ of change with no new data.

3 Likes

So can anyone tell me if the revised drop system progressive percentage will be character based kill or map+channel based kills? Still kinda blurry.

Same :confused: if it’s map+channel, then I’m pissed as it will still be stolen by some douche who wants to spoil your time farming by rushing to your area and getting the item you need.

There is no way anyone will be able to predict when the drop will happen, because it will always be 1 / VALUE, where VALUE is assigned by IMC per drop.

So lets say VALUE = 100. If the channel is completely fresh, the drop rate will be 1/100. When you kill one mob, you will either:

Get Item, which resets drop rate to 1/100
OR
drop rate now = 1/99

This loops, until the item drops, thus it is always RNG as to when it will drop. No one will be able to come in and steal the item reliably.

1 Like

We’re now open to get drops after each other in a less surprising way then? Like after the item drops, the DPK might assign itself a new value of 1/1, letting it drop another (from another mob) right after the first one. Is that a correct assumption to make?

I still feel like a lot of people will be against this though. Mainly the people who make a living out of farming items.

I don’t think that is the correct assumption. I think for any drop it will have a static assigned value. That value will never change, and always reset to it when the item drops.

1 Like

It might fluctuate just like DPK ranges

DPK for orange mats was 420-675 so I’m assuming it might change between 1/420 ~ 1/675

2 Likes

True, I was just simplifying the point but yes there could be ranges in the value.

Am I the only one who think this change make DPK thief easier?

We may not even need new drop rates with that new Donnes List event.

Material Box: Lv 315 x1 <------- wat? Any ideas on what it does?

It’s not guaranteed to know what it is for but you can assume that you can earn a monster drop required for practonium gears from it.

Yup, maybe we get a lil help from this event, at least prices dropping for recipes or mats

Drop rates and DPK is absolute ■■■■.

DPK is a decent system for keeping everyone from having top tier stuff… the numbers are simply too high though. Please consider removing this or lowering the numbers.

average 1 hour/drop for 300+ mats is kind of silly. Especially when you need transcended 315 weapons to even farm the mobs.

Grinding in this game isn’t fun or relaxing. It’s downright painful and annoying.

Western players don’t like this crap. Change it.

7 Likes

Don’t worry I am sure they will fix this issue. Maybe they are just waiting to hold a press conference with players about their new item which will increase the drop rates in the TP shop?

I like it. No sense of accomplishment without a grind. What I don’t like is doing faceroll rushable dungeons for a chance at an extremely low RNG drop every day.

Rates are definitely too low now though.

3 Likes

I hate this.
Good drops from fieldmaps would make this game less tree of dailies -.-"
Cant say how many 200/130 rushs i do but never get a peta or max peta recipe…

It always comes down to balance. Items currently don’t drop enough, it makes grinding feel like hopeless and something to dread. The reward is rarely enough to justify the time spent, and so it needs to be rebalanced. I still stand by an RNG+DPK system, but top down/scaling DPK has the potential to be decent enough. All IMC has to do is raise the drop rates in the form of lowering max DPK values. I don’t want an overly easy game, it would be unrewarding and devalue the work we put into grinding, but as it is now, it needs to be rebalanced.

This needs to be addressed quickly. It’s the perfect opportunity for IMC to show us that they understand our problems, even if it’s just in the form of communication. @STAFF_Yuri you had mentioned in the other thread that you were going to check that it was working correctly, any updates on that?

3 Likes