Tree of Savior Forum

DramArt Festivals

you’re missing the point that some of us don’t really have the art and idea to share to begin with

unless poked by something like the artfest owO

@Therra maybe you can elaborate on what you mean by people i stated earlier Owo

i may also need explanations for this owO;; i’m very bad with significations and implications Owo

i find it anything but stupid, it’s admirable it fact owO

well have our reasons why we join the artfest for whatever quirks we have Owo but all i’m saying that this thread is misinterpreting peeps leik mi or RM or maybe even you if we’re going to agree that there is no need to join the artfest because we can be motivated or inspired as easily owO

ya. im agree that
thats why i said. without those tp and goddess reward. these contest will left only pure artist who wanna share their art on loading screen
maybe you can count only 5-10 left in each contest. but seeing beautiful art will inspire the beginner artist to create their work even not good. so this contest can truely be fun for everyone

i hope next contest staff will give it a try. and let see if what i saying is wrong

1 Like

Alright… thanks for clarifying, yes. I was talking about people who lurk around forums and being toxic in any matter, YOU FOR INSTANCE These are the people WE (forum introverts, as you termed) are avoiding.

1 Like

can you please elaborate on how i am being toxic though ‘w’?

as stated by RM and me, “yes we do, and this thread is misrepresenting us”

this thread can be counted as toxic for us as it misrepresent peeps like me into a negative view and thus goes into hiding Owo;;

putting the artfest in a negative light that promotes more negativity is a form of toxicity if you ask me owO

assuming someone to be flaming and victim playing is toxic

constantly namedropping someone who they misinterpreted (not me, someone else) in a negative manner in communities in an out of the blue irrelevance is toxic

tbh, the gray area of “Show your love for ToS” is greatly utilized to promote the idea. the thread tackled it way out of its scope as a theme guideline and incorporated it into their totality on appreciating the game through art…

if you think what we do is stepping into people’s territory as if it’s our own

then you don’t want an exchange of opinion, but more of a head pat?

@Revenant6th i am calm enough to not sort into name-calling owOy

but as @Hillgarm stated. taking away the rewards will also alienate peeps like him from joining Owo

which i suggested a different reward for the voting aspect of the event

but even i have trouble on coming up with a reward that is tempting enough for really interest peeps but not for those who are just going to make an effort to cheat

THIS

:satisfaction:

Some artist cant help themselves to use references and if someone pointed that out, drama always ensues, people already know that you have wasted time to make an art, instead of taking it as offense, its better to take it as discrimination, no matter what your art level is, discrimination, constructive or not is a good way to learn.

also i do want the mods to be more strict when it comes to voting, like add more requirements when voting? since primary reason i notice was vote buying or sudden vote influx, or outside sources that came just to vote. Its kinda concerning and unfair towards artists who expect that the voting system only applies to the people who actually plays the game.

Also, having a consolation prize is good and all, but arent we all asking too much? I mean, what if the consolation prize is not the artist like? And the same time the main prizes also been downgraded? I think that some artist will surely lose interest on joining future art fest

And if you’re wondering, why do i have to “downgrade” the main prizes… idk, i just feel that in every demands, there’s always be repercussion. haha

1 Like

i think you mean “you’re” owO;;

why do u have to be so strict everytime
u make me cry now. q_q

1 Like

thats good way to solve this too
and yes downgrade the prize may make some artist dont wanna join cuz its not worth to waste time for it
thats why this issue keep repeat every contest.

500tp for me is very cheap and i only need title

but for someone who dont care whatever it take. they need prize.
500tp and free goddess. very ez way that no need skill and inspire
find beautiful art from google and retouch it. some is hard to track the original
high chance win by vote or staff pick

but if no such reward. also no motivation for thief to make a shame

but still, so many professional artist who not popular in game compare with celebrity of sv
result is the same

community voting still the worst way ever

I understand what WarNux is trying to say but at the same time I don’t think we should judge each other for our motivations. There are many reasons why someone would want to participate (because they love drawing, because they love the game, because a challenge motivates them, because they want to win prizes, because they are bored, etc.) As long as you’re not hurting anyone, I don’t think it matters why you entered.

I think some of people’s concerns are worth addressing. I really liked Mog-sketero’s idea of having voting requirements. Maybe we could have some sort of voting system that limited the number of votes per IP? I think vote buying should be banned, but i think artists should be allowed to talk about their entry / the contest on social media (or wherever they regularly post art). Should you have to be an active TOS player in order to vote? I have mixed feelings, since I’m sure a lot of people take breaks but still lurk around the community. What do you think?

2 Likes

Hey, Karma! Thanks for your reply and concern! :smile: Just heads up that the post isn’t meant to judge people’s motivation to participate, but instead, encourage them to share their art without any fear at any moment, because the Fan Sites are pretty much dead until contests arrive. I apologize if it was taken wrong.

The vote buying was a problem that eventually got solved, since many entries got votes from accounts sharing the same IP (which is linked with bots that did such task). It is okay to ask friends to support them by voting, but when it comes to a competition (in this case, the Fan Art Festivals) it can be unfair for some participants. Nevertheless, half of entries win by votes and the other half with by Staff selection, so we can remain neutral on this point.

About to be an active player is something I’m also neutral, because I’m aware of people who don’t play for different reasons but are around creating Art, lurking or supporting new players, or else!

After talking with iToS Staff about the concerns from the Art Community, there might or might not be a change, or they might take in count some of the concerns presented in general terms. But that is something that should be decided by higher autorities of IMC, meaning iTOS Staff won’t have power over the future decisions implemented.

3 Likes

the problem with sharing it on other media is that not everyone here is an artist

like mogs, she doesn’t have any means to post her art aside from her fb album that’s only shared to limited friends. imagine that competing with people who are well known in art communities Owo;;

the artfest is originally staff picks only, and people find the picks questionable, hence they asked for a voting category. But as you can see, voting categories usually ends up as a popularity contest owO;;

people wanna say that contests are like survival of the fittest. though i think the artfest is not one of those, considering the fact that the original mechanics is staff picks only, indicating that anyone can win or lose, a for fun activity, rather than a competitive event where people try their best to win instead of trying to enjoy the event

i do understand what nuxy is saying, but i also kind of wanna say his thoughts kind of exclude peeps like me and DrRM or even mogs

we’re not the artsy kind of peeps who can just fit in an art group. and the artfest is something that is casual enough for us to be part of to be motivated Owoy

things like these happen in art communities, it’s kind of too much for us to understand or relate

these are things casuals like me shy away from. it’s kind of hard to understand when people tell you it’s not OK to compare skills, yet the same person who said it does otherwise

maybe there’s a technicality that only artists can tell the difference that it’s not counted as a comparison of skills. but that’s the kind of technicality peeps like me cannot relate or even get discouraged to get involved

the difference on our perspective is that nuxy wants to establish a change of venue for people wanting to share their art. though tbh, he puts it in a way that makes it look like the artfest is a bad thing

salty people will be the way they are regardless of whenever and wherever they are. changing the venue doesn’t really eliminate the problem

and what i was saying is that changing the perspective of people towards the artfest could at least avoid people being bitter.

i once said this to someone regarding the artfest :
-“weapons are just tools, true strength lies from within”
the same goes with prizes
they are supposed to be residual reflections of yourself
if one’s heart is only after those prizes
then the heart is tainted with such meaningless goals-

it’s not about how one wins the game, but how one plays the game

that is how i define the “best” when people say “may the best player win”

peeps who has their heart in the right place doesn’t need to win to be a winner, they are already winners even before the competition even started

this is all i’m just saying regarding the matter

1 Like

@Karma12 Ignore Aoi_Kanashi. She’s bringing personal matters to a public post so she can get people against me.

uhh, hello?
from what I see, the point of this thread was only like,

• to encourage ppl to be active in Fansites category outside of contest period
  • no need to be a pro to share things in the category, no need to worry too much about the quality because it’s not a competition or bussiness. do it just for fun and you can improve / learn things

that’s it.

how come the thread becomes like this?
chill, guys
:tired:
also b1 pls stop putting fuel into the fire

3 Likes

Okay. This keeps on bugging me around especially when I come to forums to see updates.

I would like to clear things out on my point of view. @WarNux made this forum post for people to be aware of fanart festival problems, address such things, discuss possible solutions and somehow make this thing work and if possible fixed and compromised for all.

This post also relates and discuss to the possible toxic drama that every fan art festival has and its possible root causes. The author of this post, doesn’t sugar coat everything he had experienced and so for the other artists, whether they are amateur or professional, since THESE PROBLEMS really exists.

NOW THIS. I dont really get what you would like to show over here, because , in my opinion and as well as in my point of view and understanding, you keep on attacking the author of this post just because he is just trying to point real toxic things happening during fan art festivals and seeks for a compromised way for it to be fair to all. You make it all looked really bad, especially for @WarNux point.

Though, I truly understand your points, I just realized that the two of you meet halfway actually, Nux being logical and technical, tackling all the aspects and solutions with no sugar coating and you tackling the emotional and intuitive, as well as the integrity perspective of artists joining here. You both have points and ideas similar, to the point that you actually and eventually unconsciously agrees with some points made by Nux even if you keep on running around bushes.

Casual and amateur artists like me doesn’t even fit in an art group. I don’t even feel belonged to the previous art group I joined. Toxic things, injustice and non compensating things are the true reasons why people leave and don’t invest on joining. And you being as an “advocate for everybody” should know this first and foremost.

And please use screenshots with responsibility and not with personal bias. I know where those screenshot came from. If you cant handle professional criticism, better not join and be quiet.

If you really understand what Nux is trying to say, you, yourself should also be aware that the fanart festival is for everybody who wishes to join, casual people, amateur people, and professional ones, and that there is ALWAYS toxic drama going on and some sorts of injustice. You yourself should tackle and help on creating the possible solutions with everybody suggesting things here, not throwing shits to other people just because of personal issues.

If you have problems with the said author of this post, please feel free to message him and privately discuss things over there, not here in general public.

1 Like

i’m not even trying to ‘w’;;;

it’s peeps who think that it is that’s making it like that Owo;;

@Shi_Septiana at the most i’m just supplementing how some people (DrRm’s comment) can’t fit in on the idea to owO;;; yes it encourages to participate on artstuff other than the artfest. but like i was saying, it’s not as easy for some of us. and the artfest is something that’s kinna, you know, casual enough for us, due to its unconventional taste. and not like being in an environment that linger on the stuff i show in the screenies despite saying everyone is welcome and will not be judged of their skill ‘w’/

peeps like that are like that no matter it’s in or out of the artfest, is what i’m saying. changing the venue doesn’t correct the attitude of these people

@Therra it’s not even a biased screenshot Owo;; it’s the only available ones i have owO biased would be name dropping and such

Just stop these madness and help on fixing and figuring out things instead of putting more gasoline to the flame.

no one’s flaming actually Owo;; if people think they are being flamed it’s because they want to believe that it is owO

well, aside from that, this could also be an example of people not fitting in due to different standards and definition of stuffs

i also provided some suggestions if you read my comments owO

Meme entries don’t make it so your art is forgotten. Meme entries that do win are a reflection of people wanting to have a laugh in a game that’s on the brink of death.

You guys are so dramatic. Winning an art contest in a no-name korean mmorpg isn’t going to get you into CalArts.

The forums are a public space. If you feel you’re not getting recognized, just post on deviantart or tumblr.

No need for the drama.

1 Like

Everything was okay until Aoi_Kanashi started to attack this thread due to her personal grunge on me. If you want to call somebody out for drama, do it her who started it. Because people have good reasons to be pissed.

1 Like