Tree of Savior Forum

DramArt Festivals

[UPDATE] The post is meant to encourage people to use the Fansites to share their art and get along with others. As well as sharing constructive criticism in order to get the Fan Art Festivals improved.

As you all know, there is always drama during and after Fan Art Festivals for valid reasons: meme entries, stolen art, plagiarism, etc. Most of participants work really hard on their entries only to get unexpected results that end up upsetting the participants and the viewers. Its important to emphasize that Fan Art Festivals are in fact **Art Contests** because there's prizes (which is a way to get expensive bundles for free) and people compete to win such prizes.

Nevertheless, there are people who join for fun and show their love for the game, yet go upset after they’re not selected and become salty to the point its toxic and attack the company. And I ask you this: do you really need a contest to have fun, share your art, meet people and, overall, show your love for Tree of Savior? If you join the contest its because you want to win, else, you’re doing it in a “wrong” time, especially because contests happen every 2-3 months or so. And there’s nothing wrong with wanting to win the prize. It actually saves up money.

The Fansites category is here for a reason: to show your art, share your ideas, stories, meet people, have fun without the need to compete for a valuable prize. But it only becomes active when Fan Art Festivals arrive. In the meantime, at least three people (including me) post something. If you really want to get along with the communities, join servers, approach to artists on their art threads, talk to people, etc. If you want to show your love for Tree of Savior, keep creating contents (stories, art, etc.) with others who love the game too. You don’t need to be a professional artist to share you art with the community. Quality only applies in competitions and bussiness. In the meantime, you’re growing, improving, learning and motivating from and with others.

11 Likes

Yes I do, I usually lack the motivation to do art cause I have no talent, so the challenge of a contest give me a spark to cook something up…

2 Likes

Have you considered other methods, too? Like, drawing fan art of the series you like, make a picture inspired on a song, etc. Maybe doing a sketch every day can help, or making a lot of random strokes and see what can come up from it.

* Looks at all the art I have made on forum *

I will go sleep… maybe

1 Like

LOL. Just draw. No need talent for it. If you want to take it serious or master it, that’s another thing~

Game has issues so we will sabotage Art contests because that makes sense.
Game has issues so we’ll show IMC our disappointment through shitposting. Because that’ll make korean developers listen.
Game has issues so we’ll disrespect the Art Director of the game (Maggi) because that will solve everything. Clearly, every artist would be happy to see memes as a loading screen next to their professionally done artwork.
No, you don’t have to be a pro artist to participate. And I doubt people enter the Festivals to show their ‘love’ for TOS. They want prizes, and it’s normal. And it’s normal to be upset if you lose due to your lack of skill. What’s not normal is loosing due to the lack of circle jerks who’ll vote for your ‘funny view on a game’s current state’.
IMC screwed Festivals tremendously when they allowed people to vote and never set a minimum standard for an entry quality. Artists who take these Art Festivals seriously have to rely on the official judges to pick them anyway.
With community like this it really makes me wonder if TOS is in somewhat poor state because of the devs. Seems like it’s one of the cases where the actual problem is the forever unhappy playerbase.
TL; DR: folks should show their anger outside of Art Contests. And in a less childish way. Maybe then your concerns will be actually heard by IMC.

4 Likes

I think this is a good message since this category is pretty slow without a contest going on. It would be nice to see more doodles, comics, etc. for fun!

As for the art contests part I think it’s ok that people want prizes, but you’re right that you don’t really need a contest to have fun. Prizes can be a good motivator for people, however as you mentioned that sometimes brings out people that want to win so badly they may steal art. (Which I remember has happened.) It would be nice to see a more relaxed atmosphere in this category more. Hopefully I can contribute some fun doodles soon!

2 Likes

or maybe, some of us are just introverts in the forum community due to certain people who are easily offended with posts/ people they do not like and may make a public drama out of it

and the officiality of the event is an opportunity for us to interact with others as the staff, is at the very least, is obligated to overseer neutrality among members.

i speak for people like DrRM, where motivation is hanging by a thread due to eccentricity that’s easily judged by even the most non-judgemental peeps owO

see, we just want to do our thing. while responses like:

is something that’s clearly misunderstanding why we do our thing. it has a specific expectation to specific demographics that we don’t belong to while at the same time bearing the name like :

it’s comparable to how some players are playing a game just to enjoy, to players whose fun is being serious in an aspect of the game

that is why i like joining the artfest, the diverse taste of its winning mechanics is so diverse, it feels like RNG. where anyone could unexpectedly win or lose that it doesn’t even matter Owob

i agree with TinyCurl to just remove the voting mechanics, as it was added due to community suggestion for a “more objective” mechanics. too bad it backfired (but really, who even thought this wouldn’t happen?) aside from creating more loopholes and drama.

maybe just double the staff picks winning entries owO

but @TinyCurl, there really are peeps who enter the artfest who are not really into prizes and winning. of course the event welcomes all sorts of peeps, so you can’t avoid those that who are Owo;

you also may wanna check out how the official judges take their picks when it comes to objectivity owO;;

@Mijirn, some of us aren’t really artists but likes to join in for fun. the artfest is instrumental for that.

as you can see, we don’t draw or make art because we do. that is what artists do. and i think this is the part that this post do not understand, to the point people agree to this post’s logic

it suggests an outerheaven for artists, making art wherever whenever however

but some of us aren’t really artists to begin with Owoy

just your everyday normal citizens having fun on weekend community activities that are truly open for anyone and everyone

we are fighters, where the real fight is not in the ring. as our battles are fought in a different way

1 Like

@Aoi_Kanashi This is a perspective I didn’t first think about, but thank you for bringing it to my attention! Not everyone is an artist or thinks of themselves like artists.

It’s interesting to see others feelings on the contests.

2 Likes

it is nice to see someone who is able to comprehend the perspective, aside from being mocked at or branded as a hypocrite ^ w ^

“a warrior is not measured by their kills, but by their heart” as they say owO

that is also to say that there is a difference between what is a warrior and what is a soldier Owo

1 Like

As a “content creator” that doesn’t do fanart i like contests cause they can work as some sort of challenge, honestly i wouldn’t participate if it didn’t had any sort of prize as, for the last two times, i’ve invest quite some time on my entries and without any sort of reward i would rather use my time elsewhere. I think a prize is essential for to draw attention towards the contest as lacking it would decrease significantly the number of participants, what i see as the real issue is the bounty, along the evaluation system, as 500 TP is a lot.

If they can’t implement a better way to make the contest feel fair for those that invest their time then at least reshape the rewarding system to something that won’t draw people that will win by having contacts, i personally would suggest to give “special tokens” as a currency and have a limited time shop with a special selection of items to picks. Another option is to set a bunch of bundles that the winner can chose one from, limiting the choice of prize can be enough to starve out the raptors.

Either way it can’t have 500 TP as a prize.

3 Likes

that is true, prizes are needed to draw attention to newcomers. otherwise the event will only stagnate to those who are “use to it”

though i am considering the fact that imc is understaffed, that, while the reward system you suggested is ideal. it may not be doable at its current state. but let’s continue to support the events and see what comes from it Owob

maybe a different reward for the voting mechanics, if we are looking for an alternative to not abolish it owO

something attractive enough to do quality content, but not enough to justify an effort to votebuy or cheat owO

not as easy when i try to figure it out myself tho >__<;;;

Okay, quit the indirect flaming and playing the victim, @Aoi_Kanashi.

This post is meant to encourage people (artists or non-artists) to create contents for themselves and not just rely on a contest that happens every 2-3 months, because the Fansite category is always open for people who want to view and/or share their creations.

The Art Contests are a good challenge for people to proove themselves and aspiring to win the prize. But if people truly want to get into art and learn, or just share their ideas and love for the game, they can always approach the Fansites, show their works, and will be welcomed. At least, I’d welcome them and encourage them to create contents of something they love, because nothing makes me and IMC happier than seeing the few people and artists of all levels sharing their love for this game through art as I do, without the need to compete for a prize.

best look at the mirror when it comes to something what you’re quite good at Owo

we are talking about scenarios, not people. something you like to obscure when the scenario favors you owO

victim playing - is the fabrication of victimhood for a variety of reasons such as to justify abuse of others, to manipulate others, a coping strategy or attention seeking

i do not fabricate at all, and if ever i do, i am nowhere as good as you, like that deleted thread where you and your fake-spanish speaking friends talk in fake-spanish to misrepresent being victimized by my “foolishness” owO

all i am saying is that

doesn’t really hit the spot when it comes to non-artists who originally has no business in making art but is also part of the community enough to join owO

we aren’t as easily inspired or motivated unless there is something like the artfest since our lives don’t revolve on art, unlike you who dedicated 25 years on it Owo

if you stop underestimating my comments, then maybe you would have understood it other than perceiving it as flaming and victim playing Owo

the problem is like how your own definition/expectations on people who make art should be

much like how you wrote a paragraph on how you don’t see me as a friend and gave me a whopping lecture about friendship,

while all i said was “thank you for the good times”

but that being said, do you really have to like someone (or have to share the same opinion) in order to be friends? i mean, when it comes to trust, you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest owO it’s not like faking the friendship with a dishonest person, but rather acceptance on the fact that they’re dishonest Owo now when it comes to people who has ill intentions towards you, then that’s a different story owO;;

There has been people who joined the contests and after not making, started attacking and flaming IMC, even with the upcoming festivals, which is in fact wrong. And if you want to take that as a flame to you, its your problem. You’re the one who ends up flaming yourself all the time, anyways.

didn’t meant it was for me, but you are flaming people if you put it in the logic that my comments are flaming people and not talking about the scenario Owo

likewise if you think my comments are directed to you owO

exhibit M fer mockery though Owo/

If you refer to Ktos exactly as the Ktos, all the winning entries by the staff may not be controversial. Of course, I am sure this will be a lot less interesting, but at least it is fair to serious creators.

1 Like

too fair does make it boring yes?

please calm down. both of u @WarNux and @Aoi_Kanashi
everyone also work so hard for their art. being win or lose arent make our work value getting lower.
as warnux has mention b4. our main goal is simply. sharing our art and idea
but without contest. no one will touch this category lol

and this drama start from imc company really suck on their work.
(i believe now some of staff wanna fix this also but cant do on their own without premission)
player screaming out through their art. and now this FA contest turn to meme contest
(but if u will said those player have no right to join because they not an artist. thats so mean)

so thats different story with case of dragon slayer art, he make if for fun even not look like hard work done.
but he made it on mare hand. and its look funny. the audiences love it so why not count it as art?
because its not master piece? of course, we all know which is
and then other meme art has follow. their art reflecting how worst imc is
and tbh. i kinda happy to see ppl encouraged to show what they think through their art

but the real issue is when theres FA contest. 500tp and goddess cube sure draw attention from art theif
and we all know the real reason skilled artist stop joining the contest isnt because they lose
sharing our art and if it can be 1 of loading screen. who not happy? right?
we all work so hard to make good art. compare with art thief who just random copy paste into photoshop and change color. ez done master piece in 30sec.
THOSE are people who disrespect us. and staff who let it happen. they get insult becuz of careless work
and yes, these thing always happen over and over
what we need to do to deprive them from FA contest forever?
the ppl from ordinary player who just wanna join for fun… whatver skill they have. all have right to join this contest
and u guys know now most of player very displeased imc company. and those arts that reflecting their mind sure will win. so tons of meme will show in loading screen
thats why u guys really upset. isnt it?

if u guys wanna help us perform FA contest honestly and fairly. then please advice us what to do to deprive those thief from FA contest?

for me remove 500tp thing and goddess cube can reduce motivation from thief
^
^ and yes i understand everyone. without reward cant make motivation to make quality art
so this issue will continue and it will repeat. over and over
but for me. i wont waste my life time with those thief

===============================================
summarize for ppl who lazy to read

• 1st group => player who displeased imc and wreak out their anger through their art
  • 2nd group => artist who already displeased how unprofessional imc staff can be and create meme
  • 3rd group => ordinary artist and audience who wanna join for sharing art or watching master piece and know these meme definitely win. and feel unfair if ur hard work will lose to these bad done art

which is i miss?

I’m sorry but im finally breaking my silence after 3 years of shutting my words all by myself because of toxic individuals that keeps on lurking around forums like their own lair. My apologies, but you yourself acted like those people who you stated earlier:

@WarNux is just stating the truth that other players tend to become salty after the contest as well… I do admit the fact that I too become a bit salty every other contest because of the fact that my art will be just trashed away and get lost somewhere here on the forums after hardwork and sleepless nights for that entry, and yet seeing the “meme entries” and etc is just a slap to my face as an amateur artist. But after that, I move on, move on with my REAL LIFE and try again (yeah I know Im stupid, so deal with it.) BUT some artists / players tend to become so salty they affect themselves and the community as well, and that’s not good. But you seem badly affected about it.

That above statement of yours, (the first screenshot yes) if you excuse me, just only signifies that you don’t really empathize with such artists, and you dare call yourself “speaking for those artists who those motivation is hanging by a thread due to eccentricity that’s easily judged by even the most non-judgemental.”