Tree of Savior Forum

Dragoon 3/Lancer 2 rank 9 theorycrafting

https://pastebin.com/SyPpra1z by @greyhiem

Lancer2 Quantain NEW attribute: Sure Kill: Quantain deals 3 hits vs targets with the Crush Debuff.

It is indeed triple hit, damage is so good combined with defense break.

lvl 10 Quaintain: 1574 % multiplier x 1.5 from crush debuff x 3 from quantain attribute = 7083 %

2 Likes

x 1,5 from attribute x 2 (because its 2 overheat= 21249% =p deadly!

I doubt it’s like that. My commonsense tells me it would just add another 150% on top of the current 150% crush debuff with quintain making it 300% instead.

Current C1 Lancer could still kill anyone with crush quintain. C2 cement the r9 future it would still like that.

No one seems in korea wanted to test Lancer c2.

Thats seems true, cause we just dont see a lot of videos out that as zealot or sm has.

There is rank reset bug on ktest so no one can reset and test all new attribute/change.
Create new character only get a card to lv 250 rank 7.

Yeah, ktest needs to give some more love to Lancer2 :sad:

I believe it would be 450%. Archer’s triple hit attribues; cannoner’s and mergen’s, has explicitly stated in the description that the multiplier is reduced to 2/3 and they work as it is no condition required, meanwhile lancer’s tripple hit attribute still require’s [Crush] debuff to work, having another 2/3 reduction would be double penalty.

(2/3 x 150%)x3 = 300%
(150%)x3 = 450%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDwyr38gaaE
3 true hits on Quintain, and the range on the charge skill is pretty decent.
That rubberbanding bug is horrid though, IMC really needs to fix skills like that (ex. Frenzy Slash).

1 Like

It’s fake multihit tested in mobs. Even doomspike which is a fake multihit, hits dummy 5 times.
Yeah, I also noticed that damage tick delay when he turned on the attribute.

If it is fake multi hit then it doest look that great, probably close to 150% increase in power. Well if it is true hit, it could dish out 500k per hit lol, 6x 500k is absurd for 20 secs CD skill.

Still good regardless because AFAIK quintain lvl 10 could reach damage cap because of trans 10 and new 350 weapon. Then this fake multi hit will spread the damage into 3, but will exceed the overall damage compared to damage capped single hit.

Charge is behaving inconsistently. Sometimes it will hit before you get close then sometimes not. Buggy skill. Last week charge test it even made the mob moved backwards.

Lancer 2 doesnt look great for me so far. Only defensive skill we got is mediocre version of counter spell. Even C1 murmillo is still looking much stronger than Lancer 2. Maybe the problem is Cataphract not Lancer 2. Lancer tree lacking in survivability is still a huge weak point. 2-handed spear + mount restriction + lack of survival skills put you at great disadvantage against full package Murmillo, Cleric and Wiz.

Crush debuff adds 150% more damage, not 50% more, which would be 1.5x as you stated. Thus it should be 2.5x.

However, different % increases don’t really multiply eachother, but sum up before being applied to the base skill factor (this is tested and confirmed for Murmillo skills, for example, Umbo Blow + High Guard Attribute + Cassis Crista Attribute).

The correct calculation (as I believe) would be 1574% * (2.5 + 3) = 8657% and not 1574% * 2.5 * 3 = 11805%

The fact it’s a fake multi-hit means it’ll probably get capped in the 777k damage easily with the total damage divided between the three hits.

Dragoon c3 in solmiki. Looking really good. Even though he was using 1 handed spear, still enough to hit new damage cap. At least now you have goal if you wanted to gear up your dragoon. Before, dragoon lacks in AOE and Damage, now it can do both and can be use as viable DPS in solmiki.

Dragoon c3 in TBL. Dragoon can insta kill any archer if you have high trans + glassmole before you jump, only problem is the delay, but the huge range compensate for that. Good nuke for murmillos too. I think dragoon 3 offers more in PVP than lancer 2, True hit + high damage is really good.

Lancer is really unpopular. Koreans probably thinking Lancer c2 is sht.

Just random PVP thoughts in rank 10. I dont think Lancer 3 can compete against sw1,pelt2,rod3(rod2,sair1),drag3,murmillo in PVP. The difference in performance is so great. A Lancer can only use a restricted build sw3,cata3,corsair,Lancer3. Lancer c3 new skills i think would be seppuku-like so it can compete against that. I think it is best to invest in 1handed spear than 2 handed spear from now on because of this.

2 Likes

If only he would have shown gear+stats :tired:

that’s just my own delay.

Is this damage variance too big to test? Weapon = sacmet.
around 20k without attribute --> 80k with attribute.

1 Like

Yeah the variance is too big, although it still gives a glimpse of the multiplier which is x4 of the normal quaintain which is around +300%. I tested quaintain in itos with a dunkel pike and combo gave a x2.6 as a result which is around +150%.

I will buy a weak pike at the fedimian weapon merchant and test it again later.

Bought the pike at Fedimian weapon merchant and tried again:

Quantain -> Crush -> Quantain.

Quantain --> Quantain attribute.
9625 --> 36’711 (14593+8927+13191). Cloth enemy. 36711/9625 = 3.8
9671 --> 34’324 (12274+10653+11397). Cloth enemy. 34324/9671 = 3.5
11144 --> 42’463 (13312+16804+12347). Leather enemy. 42463/11144 = 3.8
8504 --> 34’348 (13063+10128+11157). Cloth enemy. 34348/8504 = 4.0
9168 --> 36’711 (11832+11490+13389). Cloth enemy. 36711/9168 = 4.0

?? Must I get more samples

5 Likes

Thanks for the addiional tests, it really seems that the triple hit attribute is another +150%. Now, hoping that the crush gear destroy attribute works properly because currently it doesn’t seem to proc always in PVP.

1 Like

Serious buffs that make all things complicated. These changes open up tons of build variation PVE and PVP alike.

[C1 Skill] Impaler

• Critical applied to enemies affected by the Shock debuff.

[C1 Skill] Earth Wave

• 50% more damage dealt to knocked down enemies.
  • Casting time removed.
  • Overheat increased from 1 to 3.
  • Cooldown increased from 12 to 15 sec.

[C1 Skill] Steed Charge

• Reduced post-casting delay.
  • Can be cast 1 more time after the initial casting.

[C2 Skill] Doom Spike

• Reduced post-casting delay.
  • Reduces critical resistance of affected enemies by 10 per skill level.

[C2 Skill] Acrobatic Mount NEW

• Increases mounting skill damage by 5% and SP consumption by 10% per level.
  • Duration: 40 sec.
  • Cooldown: 60 sec.

Effect hits ( Fake multi-hits):

“To improve on this, we want to have damage increases apply to all the hits of these “effect” attacks, the same way it happens with the ”true” multi-hits. In the example above, that would mean 50% applied to each of the 5 hits (1,500 x 5).”

50% damage to all mounted skills is really good. Hoping it would literally applied to all mounted skills not just from cata and lancer but for Dragoons, hoplite, highlander and others as well. Fake multi-hit skills damage boost is also huge since Cata main skills are all fake multi hits. So far when it comes to damage, cata received 50% from acrobat mount + EW KD damage 50% and overheat + multi hit damage boost. EW could probably deal around 1.5m AOE damage for every 15 secs? Enough to be consider as viable DPS in ET. Boss hunting Lancer is also great contender, if acrobat mount literally applies to all mounted skill it would boost hoplite quite a lot and highlander skills. PVP potential also becomes even more interesting. SW3 might be forgotten for Cata build.

SW, highlander, hop2, cata3, Lancer2 looks promising. ET, boss hunting and PVP all in one. Acobat mount boosting dragoon 3 skills will also be huge. So many builds now for Lancer not just SW3 cata3 Lancer2.

You might missed this

1 Like