Tree of Savior Forum

Dragoon 3/Lancer 2 rank 9 theorycrafting

Dragooon C3’s new skill synergizes well with dethrone’s bind and highlander’s crossguard which doubles it’s firepower.

New shield is hardly enough to be called as debuff protection with that 2 sec uptime. The timing required is more absurd than pulling off a succesful r7x which is 7 seconds. Nontheless, it is still a good initiator when using the new charge skill to protect while charging. It also nullifies devaluation which boosts killing factor for archers. The cooldown is quite decent and can be further reduced by level.

Yes indeed, lancer’s charge skill replaces cata’s charge skill for gap closing, since cata’s charge skill has become too hard to use, most of the time the distance is far from the hooked target. Though, lancer’s charge skill can be hard to utilize against teams with summoners, and IMO, the 50% chance stun is quite unreliable and is best used with hook.

Meanwhile, initiate and joust will now be felt even more. Inititiate’s longer uptime and stronger block penetration (+800 at max), makes it easier to manage stat, ignoring DEX totally. Joust can potentially silence for 20 seconds.

Dragoon 2 Lancer 1 has the essentials of both classes. I would like to try dethrone bind > crush + quaintain since hook > crush + quaintain is a bit cranky and slower to execute. Amongst the combinations, it seems it’s still the best path for DPS in PvE.

Unfortunaly, both classes suffer from long animation, cast time and interrupt time. it makes it hard to land a combo without relying on CC which is quite true to most swordmsan in general.

Looks good tbh XDD. Dragoontooth range seems bigger than before, hidden buff? it will be good to clear mobs in E.T. Dragoon dive is given for mob control. Dragoon will be decent if can be use for Solmiki from now on. For me thats the biggest test if Dragoon is good or not because thats where the biggest profit come from.

Problem with crossguard is the weapon restriction with 2handed-sword. There is also damage cap if Transcendence is enough for dragoon dive to hit damage cap, then crossguard debuff will be moot. Good for other dragoon skills though if timed-well and skills CD are available. For me, it is best for swordsmen to use weapon-swapping like crossguard-pierce, shield from 2handed weapon (2hspears/swords) defending on the scenario the boost from skills are worth the effort, I still havent seen anyone abusing cross-guard with pierce skills maybe majority are lazy or dont know the synergy.

50% chance of stunning for 3 sec is very lethal. Right now, lancer have to KD first or disable before they could crush-quintain an enemy. Charge skill can be use aggressively then if they do get stunned they will most likely going to die. I never seen anyone survived my 2x crush-quintain assuming they dont get blocked or dodged (murmillos included).

For me this will be the scenario.

Dragoon 3 - Superior range, can fight unmounted, 1-shot capable skills, easy to land skills.

Lancer 2 - Superior at close range, worthless if unmounted(unhorsing), deadly combos, still have to close the gap to be good. Good at dog fighting.

Dragoon2, Lancer 1 - Can fight in Range, can fight unmounted, dethrone-Lancer skills combo. Managed to reduced the weakness of Lancer and Dragoon. Inferior damage among the 3.

Lancer 2 have the upperhand if he managed to get close because of charge stun deadly combo. Dragoon 3 can just spam dethrone,Dive and gay bulg 24hrs a day until they die. Drag2Lancer1 will spam dethrone until it connects and proceed to unhorse or crush-quintain.

Then Lancer 2 is dead weight in Solmiki XDD will probably inherit the meme from Dragoon.

New lancer’s attribute updated in 27/10. Does anyone know what that do? Because I didnt understand.

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/attributes/116011

I would like to know too, I am asking now in KTEST R9 thread, as usual google translate does it wierdly.

Btw, the dragoon jump have very long cast time, can still work in PVP due to the huge hitbox but, might be awkwardly slow in PVE DPS.

EDIT:

Triple damage :rofl:

Unless you’re talking about the animation time, I’m pretty sure Dragoon Fall has no cast time. Recent ktest videos shows it being used without any cast time.

Does that mean that Quitain under crush debuff will receive 100% base damage + 200% additional damage (300% damage), instead of +150% additional damage ?? I think it is that because of the +30% SP increase, it is not like that crazy multihit multiplier from Doppel C3 and Dragoon’s Dragon Soar.

If it is this, Quitain would deal more damage compare do Dragoon 2 Lancer 1 with Serpentine debuff, because in both cases you would have +200% add damage, but lancer C2 would have Lv10 Quitain available, instead of Lv5…I wish someone could investigate that :thinking:

More recent video, check at 1:50, cast time is around 3 seconds at lvl 5.

I’m also unsure but in my understanding, combo damage will be multiplied to 3, so it’s (100%+150%)x3. I hope someone could test but unfortunaly it’s an unpouplar class.

Can anyone confirm? Doesn’t skills like sleep work the same way?
I’m personally guessing it’s just Bong being silly here, they should have mentioned if it got nerfed this hard.

EDIT: Also, another reason I doubt it, it doesn’t show the usual text for charging skills appear over bong, like dragontooth/frostbolt etc. does.

About Dragoon Fall, I watched both videos and what I saw is that in the first video, around 10~11s, the player start casting and immediately release (you can the charging bar for just a fraction of time), just like in spear thrown and long stride. On the second video, the other player always full charge.

What I do not know is if they changed so that now you have to full charge, since it seem that the second video is the most recent :confused:

I kind of doubt it, for the reasons I mentioned above, but it could be possible.
Would be a huge nerf if that’s the case, rip dragoon.

Eitherway, a non-full charge cast will not be optimal.Afaik, short charge will be like lvl1 or 2 of the skill.

It doesnt work like this. On bong video you can see there is no lines lvl1, lvl2 etc, you can use it instantly and it will be max level. Charge =/= cast. And you can see at video of hop-dop-goon3 he deals cap damage without charging it.

steed charge also work like that and level depends on charge time. steed charge has no lines but when u cast earlier it does less damage.

Just tested level 1 steed charge, it cannot even be used if not charged. Which means that dragon fall cast work like caracole, you can charge it just to aim, damage dont depend on charge time.

Can’t use lvl 1 steed as example, I have mine at level 5 and can be casted while not full charge.

It can be casted because you cast it with lower lvls (if not fully charged)… You can see there is lvl1, lvl2 lines etc, just like on earth wave

Mostlikely, there’s an graphical error in it. Since charged skills affects level of cast.

just curious… goon3 only had 1 proper skills update so far, this means the oct 24 pelhopgoon3 vid uses the same update as the bong tos vid at oct 26… unless goon3 got ninja nerfed right after oct 24 and we need to fully charge the skill now to get max damage…

the oct 24 pelhopgoon3 dealt what looks like max crit dmg with dragon fall without fully charging the skill… bong tos only showed dragon fall at full charge… can anyone confirm this with a new test video?

It’s just a ‘aim casting bar’ like Sleep, lethargy, etc …
Don’t worry about that.

When I read it I also understood that, triple dmg, but I didnt believed. I need to see some videos on testing this.
The next quest is about mechanics. Will it be 3x150% quintain’s skill factor or 3x100%? And how we should distribute the skill points? Maybe like that Here.

Quintain lv10 will be deadly if this triple hit really be true.