Tree of Savior Forum

Dpk more difficult than before?

After the maintenance, the materials on map lvl 300+ were easier to drop … But, after performing the second maintenance, the items became more difficult than the old dpk.

I played 9 consecutive hours today to drop only 5 Kugheri Symbani Sword in Nobreer Forest.

11 Likes

Yeah, my guildmates and I found it harder too

The Drop System after the Hunting Grounds update was temporary, the one we have now is the full one. It does seem more difficult compared to the temporary one.

3 Likes

I wonder if some of the drop numbers were reworked to be matched with the new drop system. If the numbers were not touched then it’d be easier to drop all items in game.

They want to keep drop rate low. Since we don’t like high DPK it’s now low RNG instead!

3 Likes

Yes, its harder now suddenly dawn frags on HG became rare to drop.

2 Likes

Experienced the same. 200+ kills, not even one drop. Considering I need 45 to phada…

@STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Max @STAFF_Amy @GM_Francis

2 Likes

I think they just put it back to old dps system ha

2 hours and got only one yellow caro antenna. Thanks IMC.

7 Likes

I think they failed and bring the old dpk back

9 Likes

I guess it’s either a bane or a boon depending on the kind of item one is farming for.

Those farming items with low DPK and not contested would benefit from it.

Those farming items with either high or low DPK, and very contested would have a hard time.

I just passed by Barha Forest yesterday and on my very first kill there got a Superior Korvos recipe (2.5M+ in our server). RNGesus was looking at my beautiful face that day.

RNG can really be a bitch. Those coming from RO can relate so much.

I think TOS’ latest drop system is better (map-wide/monster-group DPK w/ incremental shared RNG) but is limited by the nearly just 1-2 channels per map. When there’s contest in a DPK system, it’s just a sh~tty experience.

All they need to do now is just implement some sort of dynamic channel increase/reduction depending on the number of players on the map, but that would probably cause issues (DPK resets on closed-reopened channels when empty e.g. you need to go to town to resupply/rebuff) as well as possibly getting taken advantage of (e.g. becoming an AFK/macro farming paradise). If they can fix those 2 issues, I think it’s possible for this to be implemented properly.

4 Likes

Bring RNGesus back!!!

1 Like

Curious how many mobs did you kill in those 9 hrs?

with the old dpk i think that u must take over 400kills/hour to drop 5 in 9 hrs. i just think that the drop was reset. some chanels still droped some items with a progresive dpk reduction.

Even worst than before, thats what we get for whine a lot, ill just shut up now i dont want them to put even lower drop rates as we have right now :S
Srry IMC i love your game <3

One week before maintenance. They put the dpk as explained in the patch note … It was much easier to drop. But more or less on Thursday or Friday, it seems that the dpk has returned to what was before or more difficult.

Man, this game would be so much funnier if we could get that HG introduction drop rate back. I was a fool thinking it was forever - should have droped tons of other things.

12 Likes

2hrs hunting and no drop

My friend told me praying the goddess in Orsha will increase individual luck by a lot. I tried because there is no harm, to my surprised it was effective.

2 Likes