Tree of Savior Forum

Dpk more difficult than before?

Rare stuff you just listed, but this is already quite off topic. Fact remains most people in this game aren’t going to have a harem of like-minded people willing to grind a high DPK item with them. It’s just not happening.

That alone kind of puts you outside the entire discussion of this topic since you have no first hand real experience of the horrors of farming these items on your own with only your own wits.

1 Like

But I also have experience in doing that too!

My point is that I focused on making this community with like-minded people BECAUSE I got tired of that crap. Everyone complained about the same stuff and no one took a step forward to do anything about it. So I did.

Simple.

I’m sure you’ve got friends that in the game that would offer it.

I remember doing 730 kills on my SR every 3 hours using some beat-up manamana for 1 symbani sword. I remember aiming for 2-3 a day. Sometimes I’d have a thaum, sometimes I wouldn’t.

Don’t be so presumptuous. If you want something like that “harem of people” you claim is rare, find some people that are good and like-minded and form something regular out of it.

Regardless, we as a group spent A LOT of time fulfilling DPK orders, farming our own, et cetera. The bottom line I have with this is that we’ve come to understand how much we regularly get out of a farm session.

We list our drops and keep records of it because it’s important information for us to understand how much time overall we will spend farming.

In gist, the changes really kicked us.

@LunarRabbit Yeah, I’ve never been a fan of the you suffer because I suffered mob mentality and I think you hit the nail on the head with your sentiments on the matter. It should definitely be similar to Bell farming.

Is there a different system in KTOS?

I really appreciate you sharing what you’ve shared with me so far. Thank you for the information. Looking over the longer thread, I can see how it got out of hand. For some reason I was under the belief that it affected ONLY 315 orange mats. But then again, I live in a pineapple under the sea.

I wonder if all drops are intertwined with each other…

2 Likes

The answer is, sort of. Items are either RNG with a %, or DPK with a ranging value (ie. 100-200)., those are defined individually by the item. The DPK formula though, that’s a global definition:

1 / (set DPK value – current no. of monsters defeated)

1 Like

old dpk system is hard, but item will sure drop
new dpk system now, we not sure item drop or not lol

Hi Guys,

This my result for the Kugheri sword:

Before the MAJ
188 - 01
166 - 02
486 - 03
778 - 04
432 - 05
474 - 06
233 - 07
961 - 08
150 - 09
455 - 10
369 - 11
136 - 12
021 - 13
416 - 14
548 - 15
487 - 16
225 - 17
664 - 18
267 - 19

7810 kills: Average 411 for 1 sword

After the MAJ
570 - 01
252 - 02
158 - 03
416 - 04
304 - 05
826 - 06 (reset dpk)
392 - 07
828 - 08 (reset dpk)
534 - 09
875 - 10 (reset dpk)
379 - 11 (ch4)
1036 - 12 (reset dpk ch4)
366 - 13 (ch3)
086 - 14 (ch2)
920 - 15
071 - 16 (ch2)
460 - 17 (ch3)
374 - 18 (ch1)
435 - 19 (ch4)

9282 kills: Average 488 for 1 sword

Oldshool dpk: 550 - 650 for one drop.

3 Likes

This is the problem you need to kill thousands.

You always needed to kill thousands. Looks like the rate is increased.

3 Likes

Yeah dude wtf amirite?
They shouldn’t make it so hard to make the best weapons in the game, I just want to get my orange weapon in 2 days so I can afk in town until I get bored enough to stop playing this kusoge
■■■■■■■ IMC man…

1 Like

i kill 6000 yellow caro for 4 antenas . i done my bow after 3 years

3 Likes

@STAFF_Yuri
Still alive ? :slight_smile:

I’ve noticed a huge decline in Yellow Leafnut Tails since patch… I am getting them at almost half-rate as I was before…

45 Yellow Leafnut Tails, 16k kills.

Noticing I’m having to kill 600 - 1000+ just to drop 1.

This is on my Thau, so I make sure to Swell Body to drop two as well.

1 Like

Am I the only one having problems with equipment repair here? Or do you guys always setup a repair shop in advance on the channel you’re farming?

Yesterday after a few hundred kills (I stopped tracking kills because there were two other players who decided to “join” me just because they can and maybe because I don’t own the channel - can’t be bothered to kindly tell them if they can move to another channel), I got one Kugheri Zabbi’s Mask but at that point 2 of my gears are already at 0 durability while the rest are on the red.

I just concluded that maybe I should just farm one per day. It’s less boring that way, and it’s not like I’m guaranteed to get the damn RNG practonium ASAP.

Oh. Those ranged M ATK monsters are quite annoying to deal with, there’s too many hits going on. Expect your gear to be broken in 20-30 minutes.

I just left my squire with shop open on map entrance and kept farming and repairing once~twice per hour.

1 Like

Maybe it’s not consistent across all drops. @STAFF_Yuri did say they were still looking into some things, but that was a while ago.

16k kills? You have patience out of this world… I would have thrown my computer out of the window in half of this… :skull:

1 Like

Near 18k Now, not sure if it’s patience or masochism.

How you liking the changes so far? The suspense is killing me if this topic will close before a real answer comes. And like why does it take them about a week to even answer?

1 Like

Did you just ask a question to yourself? :confounded:

OT: Anyone in Varena farming Yellow Caros? Sell the [antennas] to me!~

1 Like

I did by accident but oh well makes the situation even more funny.

1 Like