Tree of Savior Forum

Don't you guys think the cash shop is a little ridiculous?

Yeah, I completely agree. I’ll just say that a f2p game needs to be able to sustain itself on cosmetics alone, or it failed in my opinion.

Hair thing is funny though, lol. Could be that they are thinking that since ladies care more about their hair than guys in real life, they should charge more for female hairstyles to get more out of the female players that are playing mostly for the cosmetics or something like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

I laughed out loud when I saw it in the cash shop. xd

1 Like

What’s even stranger is that female characters who paid $10.00 can’t actually afford the premium hair. It’s priced in such a way that you actually cannot purchase it without having dropped at least $30 on the game.

It’s definitely intentional.

4 Likes

I’m actually disappointed in the lack of hairstyles to choose from. My dude needs a long flowing mane of green curly locks. The token issue I can see being solved if they offered a 1 day token and a 1 week token for sale as well. 15USD would be a good price point for the monthly token.

1 Like

Not sure why but i cant use any Enchant scrolls at all on my outfits or anything :confused:

1. We’ll operate under the scenario it does affect me - no, I agree, it is ridiculous. But at the same time I don’t operate as a sympathizer for the community or the company. If it is not selling, sales will exist. If it is selling, the F2P community still has cash-whales that will allow the desperate and heavy-wallet players to succeed.

It’s not right to expect ■■■■ treatment, but I haven’t walked through a F2P KR MMO yet that hasn’t made some form of disservice for its community out of monetary interest. IMC isn’t the first on my list to make great changes. Would be nice for people to stand against things like this and affect the GM’s thoughts - I’ll support you fighters from the side of apathy.

1. There are other benefits such as more dungeon runs (which is huge later on) and a free pet earlier on - is it all worth the extra? Probably not. It seems the tokens’ cost / existence also serves as weighing what the worth of silver is.

Ultimately, it seems the token’s worth operates under a “your loss is my gain” existence. The basics are taken out for everyone, and you succeed more in this “F2P” if you buy these “benefits.” You aren’t getting more in the context of MMOs, but you are getting more in the context of this world.

2 Likes

Yup, very much agree with the premise of this article.

Given the cost of items in the cash shop it seems like imc want to have their cake and eat it too…

$18 token subscription is already more expensive than pretty much every other AAA mmo out there!

On top of that they want to sell stats for money? I say you’re being too greedy.

This set of circumstances is in my mind not sustainable

2 Likes

I agree on the 1st and 2nd point, but not on the 3rd. I hate P2W as much as the next guy, but I’ve come to accept enchant scroll lately because the stats are not that big of a deal after lvl 100 (which is pretty early game) AND it takes thousands to get the perfect bonus.

“less pay to win” ? what are you talking about.
Nothing is pay to win here.
If you do not know what is “pay to win” then learn before talking about.

BUT!

$18 Token must be a joke, realy…

Total agree and i am not even sure how to use the enchant scrolls xD everytime i try it just dont work lol :confused:

I know what pay to win is and enchant scrolls most certainly fit that definition.

1 Like

Those should work on headgears.

Please don’t derail the topic. If someone makes the mistake of coming into this topic with a question or concern unrelated to the topic, please PM them if you wish to inquire and/or assist.

The problen with the game is, that they can’t sell sexy costume like in other MMOs, due to the graphic. So IMC have to figure out other things to sell and I was honestly suprised that the shop was so empty in comparison to other games.

But I mostly agree with you. The hairs should have the same prices, even when that means that they raise the price for the men and th e tokens are currently to expensive.
About the enchant scrolls… I honestly don’t care xD

If this is your explaination, tell me an MMO which is not pay to win.
Even world of warcraft is pay to win because people buying gold / people shares account for boost etc.
So what ?

Black Desert Online and Final Fantasy XIV.

I don’t really agree. Take a read and see if what I’m saying makes sense.

Here

People still sharing account for boost. There is no way.
If someone wants to take advantage, they are going to do it.
Only thing that makes sense is $18 Token prices, way too high.

BDO is b2p and FF ist p2p. That doesn’t counts xD Doesn’t have FF a cash shop? I think when I have to buy the game and the add-ons + monthly money and have a cash shop, that’s as worse as a p2w game.

Actually in both games you can’t powerlevel with higher level characters since you take heavy EXP penalties. And even if they didn’t, that has nothing to do with pay to win.

You’re not getting enchants in the FFXIV. It’s purely cosmetic. You can also get a server transfer, but nothing in FFXIV’s cash shop is pay to win by any means. You can’t even compare FFXIV’s shop to Tree of Savior’s.

1 Like

The things is you have no clue, and I’m a booster in those games.
Boost doesnt only mean “leveling”…
Items(weapons-armors), achieves, mounts, pets, any kind of loot or vanity items.

At this point, you want IMC to pay everything for host you a server, in return of “NO CASH SHOP”.
Well, that sounds fair.

Anyway, end of conversation for me.