Tree of Savior Forum

Doddler's research reveals some confusing contradictions in the way monster spawns are set

Yes this is an excellent idea on top of reducing spawn check timers.

One thing at a time!

Unfortunately, time is of the essence here as the F2P launch hits. I haven’t even gone into the basic levels of game optimization here. So many problems and aside from the art and music team, everyone else at IMC seems to be doing a VERY subpar job, especially with these issues being reported since iCBT.

2 Likes

No, this is dumb.
I don’t want to play Tree of monsters are spawning because there are many players on the map and we need to rub them. I want to play a damn MMO, full of life and monsters, even if there are few players on the current map.

Not even talking about the fact that it over-complicate things.
Read @stefan.hohnwald suggestion. Something like a global 30s timer would be easier to implement and easier on the servers.

Bump~ it up for the world to see! or at least more Staff members and people.

Bump…

/20characters

Are we on the same page? I thought the idea there was to do both:
-repopulate maps and fix spawn check timers
-implement a system sensitive to player population per channel on top of that.

taken from another suggestion thread:

But honestly I’d be happy if they just fixed mob density in depopulated maps and removed the jogging simulator functionality.

No, as written, @gabbylee690 idea was to improve monster spawnrate IF players overcrowd the channels.
Call me an old school player, but I don’t really like that…
I think that some maps (open dungeons ? or maybe closed dungeons are already enough ?) should be so populated that you’re basically “forced” to team while others have a lower density so players can ~peacefully~ walk around.
Of course, all of this still imply at least a return to the iCBT2 spawn timers AND an increase in density of all? maps.

Then, if theses open dungeons were overcrowded, it would basically mean that the map need mode channels, because the mob density there would already be very high (so high that you could almost say that increasing it wouldn’t be decent).

1 Like

Didn’t read the other post but what I thought initially was, this was intended during and for the early access players. I had the thought that they would revert it back to normal during the F2p release. I recall reading somewhere about IMC trying to tone down much of the “head start” that early access players were getting.

Yes, let’s increase the spawn rate/density on those 3-4 star maps. :smiling_imp: I can’t wait to taste the tears.

The never-ending stream of “Kiss your arse goodbye!”

On Ktos they increased the xp on the 3 star maps under lvl 100

…There are no 3 star maps under 100. <_<

My bad just ment the dungeons like tenet etc, usually the field dungeons have high stars

bump~ need more eyes on this~ need more thoughts~

1 Like

+1 bumping this up it needs more visibility!!

1 Like

bump…

/20characters

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_J

They need to hire a staff member for communicating with the player base and letting us know progress is being made on important issues.

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_J

Please? Do IMC even know about the issue / understand the problem of having 2 minute respawn timers?

I even pm’d a few of them but they dont read the inbox :frowning:

My favorite hats are now almost non-existent :frowning:

bump very important thread about fun-killer issue

Just casually strolling by looking for other threads and found this gem. You think the exp per map altering for tomes was bad? They do the same thing with altering field spawns and force you into dungeon running to sell more resets.

3 Likes