Tree of Savior Forum

Do you have any method to deal with BOT? if you are TOS owner

I wasn’t suggesting that subscriptions would solve botting outright, but it might help. It would also generate some income so devs could actually address some of this crap. $15 a month is not too much to pay for a quality game. Granted i dont feel what ToS offers in terms of content is worth 15$ a month, but maybe that would change if they were supported by every player rather a select few. To buy a new game is $60, that’s 4 months of game time. When was the last time you played one of those games for more than 4 months? Subscription used to be the standard for mmos. Are you new to mmorpgs?

buy me a $15 worth of dlc every month for a year and I believe you about it not been much >.>

1 Like

It’s quite naive of you to think something would change if it became a subscription mmo… that’s actually a great idea to make even more players leave, they should hire you considering you fit their motto of un-inspire un-motivate.

Your suggestions help nothing unless your goal is to reduce the playerbase even further, you should think carefully before you suggest things because it just seemed like you just pulled it straight out of the trash can, i still play the same game for years even if some of them have a small community.

They don’t lack in funds either, they just aren’t doing things right even though they have improved by alot, only after running into countless trial and errors that should have been avoided from the beginning from their past development experience.

The bot situation should have been solved or they should have shown effort to slow it down instead we see them pull events that benefits bots further, it’s quite simple to prevent them from botting with summoner builds by implenting unlock quests like miko based on the time.

:tired:

1 Like

I don’t know how the playerbase could get any smaller but maybe thats what needs to happen.

@dragonkitja
ToS owners can´t kick out every bot operator because apparently bot behavior matches player behavior, so it must be done at sight., which is a role of GMs (or sysadmins), not ToS owners.
GMs can genocide bots armies easily, like the outstanding work of GM Coconut (as I´ve seen myself). But they can´t patrol the game 24 hours a day, or rely only on playerbase Bot reporting.

There are bots all day on certain channels, and reporting them won´t make any difference.
I ve watched Bot births at the 1st map, followed them into levelling up, teleporting for class change, growing into their summoner then into their maps for their unending conga train. Mindlessly farming silver and drops. All of those memories will be lost in time after they get kicked out, just to be restarted as another instance by the bot software. GMs can remove them, but Bots will reincarnate with another spam name.

Also, when a bot appears in a channel it lags the place because the multiple instances of summons and skeletons. Probably the server gets lagged from the massive attacks calls at once, like a micro DDoS (there might be a UDP cap to prevent it for normal use like the channel limit of 100, but summoners+necro carry multiplied action instances that overflow the reading cap… of sorts). You get rubber banding lag, deja vus, just like in the Matrix movie. Bots are lag Agents. When you get stutter lag, it is a sign they are near.

One idea: GM skill that freezes Bots: will consume MRAM at the bot operator side, unattended.
What if you could pin them into the ground, frozen. It seems there is a limit at the Bot operator side for VMs instances (cloud or local) that run ToS, which has a cpu cycles / MRAM limit to make it inside their ROI. If GMs could just freeze them, at the spot, the Bot operator won´t do any cash.
Just a GM skill. A Frozen Jail.

BUT PLAYERS CAN BULLY BOTS - THERE IS HOW

1- Get a color album. I like green ones (because some bosses deal silence debuff). (Album bosses won´t drop nice cards in a decent rate as they used to do ;_; ). Either get a drop from HG or get albums from market.
2 - Find a BOT conga train somewhere in a Field Map.
3 - Follow them to their spawn quest points
4 - Release the album boss over them. Aggro the boss and make it follow you in front of the bots
5 - Take pics of the carnage o/ (Beware album bosses despawn after a certain time, also have squishy hp).

Note 1: Bots can take hp potions, revive and teleport away to spawn points, repair or change channels. They won´t stay down for much more time… but those revives on mages only come from soul crystals (bought with the 5 TP that refill each day). After the 5th they revive at the nearest point and resume their movements.

Note 2: I´m not claiming originality of this technique. Other people reached the same idea. hivemind-- o/

2 Likes

What human is able to lay off fire balls in the same exact point (perfect overlapping) every time?

Look at this thread:

You could draw a line over the points these bots walked on and you’d see they’d always pass through them.

What did the GM say after leaving them botting for months?

Months after, they were banned only because many people quit over this fiasco and reports kept flowing.

And they unban botters too:

No, it’s not that bots match human behavior, it’s the lack of professionalism and integrity.

The same you can witness in this recent situation:

A whole server left at the mercy of two griefers (actually one with two accounts) for more than a month, despite the reports and videos made at staff’s request.

3 Likes

Mechanics of the class?.. or I should say “GAP” of skill mechanics

I believe IMC don’t design Sorc or Necro for become AFK player/semi-AFK or easy bot class, those play style just come from players who use those gap of skills and mechanics

same as other skill like…

• player can use “Ice wall” to block pathway on warp point.
  • player can use “swap” to change boss event position on old golden whale event.
  • player can place “Jolly roger” or “Fireball” to lure and attack mobs when they walk around a map.
    etc…

IMC never design how to use them like that 100%… everything are what player found from gap of skill that have both of bad way and acceptable way.

Well, if you have any nice ideas about how to end botting …feel free to share idea like other comment… after you just complain and leave, make me feel like you’re just sorc/necro or bot user who lost benefit from it. o3o

A game called Wakfu has a similar system. For instance in Wakfu, if you do a specific task for a period of time (e.g., gathering resources), an NPC will teleport you and force you to play a minigame. Failing to pass the test can result to penalty like loss of resources.

In the case of TOS, we can use your suggestion of “Jail” but instead of killing mobs, they have to solve a number of puzzles to escape. If players managed to escape, they get a small compensation.

2 Likes

hmm! it could be a room with one of those match cubes gimmicks…

but not everyone is good at puzzle and innocent people can lose stuff in them…

for the perfect system we need the perfect GM cooperation and for them to be active on that map at least…

but like responses to a thread @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Ethan

They are rarer in-game :expressionless:

Naw, that’s too hard. We need to do the dumb suggestions that never worked 15 years ago and still don’t work today.

weird I cant seem to find your dumb suggestion >.>

I agree with Seiran, you know a lot about it.

open world pvp with silver dropping penalty in popular bot maps so we can at least farm the farmers. They’re special silver dropping AI mobs anyways. Let the bots attack you first, they’ll go red, then retaliate.

To eliminate BOT, you need to eliminate the reason why they are here, not the way how they work. My suggestion will be:

1. Disable 1:1 Trade for gears and most of items except exilir or potions (consumable items).
  2. RNG market via bid system and allow players to track when an item is listed on market. (notice players if the item they want is listed on market)
  3. Allow players to farm to repair potential instead of getting gears destroyed due to 0 potential. Maybe using the same item to repair potential. Limit enhancement level to 21
  4. Balance silver usage: maybe allow players to gain silver more through official ways like dungeons but also increase the fee for other activities like enhancing.

its actually easy … hire 2 persons ( day/night shift ) to ACTUALLY log in the game and visit bot infested maps and FORCE TELEPORT / MUTE them to a JAIL. WARP Scrolls are automatically locked.

Inside the Jail they should put Mobs ( undying ) so that they can still function their bot activities and have the NINJA GM collect evidence such as asking them questions to see if they’ll respond then RECORD/SCREENSHOT for proof later for the ban ( or better yet let them rot in the JAIL.

basically, you want BDO system and i’m fine with all that except for this

this is one of the reason why me and my wife quit that game, because it felt like a single player game.
it’s not fun when we can’t help each other out when needed.
recently, i gave her my stuffs to sell because she broke 2 weapons and needed to find a replacement.
we would’ve quit if we couldn’t. so there’s that.

I understand the restriction in trading is annoying if you want to help your people but it is also the main reason to promote RMT. However you can party with your wife to go farming and direct loot into her pocket. Trade restriction is annoying at first but it is good for long term. During OBT of ToS, getting a decent gear was hard so trade restriction at that time was not useful. Now you can get HG gears everywhere. Trade restriction should come with the ability to repair potential to prevent breaking gears as well. So that your wife can use her broken weapon to farm repair material instead of trying to get another weapon from zero. I can say if trade restriction makes you and your wife quit bdo then RTM and bot make a lot of more people quit this game.

Anyway, even you and your wife don’t like and quit bdo, it is still one of the most successful mmo in market atm with extremely high number of players…

still, that doesn’t mean they done everything right.
removing 1:1 trade won’t magically make everyone want to play TOS or comeback.
people won’t be “oh, they’re restricting 1:1 trade? nice, sounds good”
this system isn’t what makes BDO succesful. it’s many other things that they’ve done right.

in game where 600 mil need for attribute i dont care about bot)
bot bring max 2-3 mil in a day.

I don’t want to discuss much about BDO in ToS forum but this system helps BDO prevent RMT and bot successfully, and thank to this, BDO is successful. It is not the direct reason but plays a big role in BDO’s success. If BDO had RMT and bot like ToS atm, it would be a dead game already.

Oh yes people won’t be “Oh they restrict 1:1 trade? nice sound good” but they will be “Oh ToS now doesn’t have/has much less RMT and bot? Maybe I will give it a try again”. To me, RMT is like a disease. To treat disease you need to take pills, and pills are never sweet.

Anyway, you seem to not have any love for this system so…well. I hope you can suggest a better solution for the current RMT situation.