Tree of Savior Forum

Do you have any method to deal with BOT? if you are TOS owner

I understand the restriction in trading is annoying if you want to help your people but it is also the main reason to promote RMT. However you can party with your wife to go farming and direct loot into her pocket. Trade restriction is annoying at first but it is good for long term. During OBT of ToS, getting a decent gear was hard so trade restriction at that time was not useful. Now you can get HG gears everywhere. Trade restriction should come with the ability to repair potential to prevent breaking gears as well. So that your wife can use her broken weapon to farm repair material instead of trying to get another weapon from zero. I can say if trade restriction makes you and your wife quit bdo then RTM and bot make a lot of more people quit this game.

Anyway, even you and your wife don’t like and quit bdo, it is still one of the most successful mmo in market atm with extremely high number of players…

still, that doesn’t mean they done everything right.
removing 1:1 trade won’t magically make everyone want to play TOS or comeback.
people won’t be “oh, they’re restricting 1:1 trade? nice, sounds good”
this system isn’t what makes BDO succesful. it’s many other things that they’ve done right.

in game where 600 mil need for attribute i dont care about bot)
bot bring max 2-3 mil in a day.

I don’t want to discuss much about BDO in ToS forum but this system helps BDO prevent RMT and bot successfully, and thank to this, BDO is successful. It is not the direct reason but plays a big role in BDO’s success. If BDO had RMT and bot like ToS atm, it would be a dead game already.

Oh yes people won’t be “Oh they restrict 1:1 trade? nice sound good” but they will be “Oh ToS now doesn’t have/has much less RMT and bot? Maybe I will give it a try again”. To me, RMT is like a disease. To treat disease you need to take pills, and pills are never sweet.

Anyway, you seem to not have any love for this system so…well. I hope you can suggest a better solution for the current RMT situation.

The RMT situation will not be resolved because resolving it would mean the removal of a handful of super-whales who are collectively responsible for keeping this game in the black, financially speaking.

Humorously, the same situation is causing a steady loss of regular, normal players, reinforcing the dependence on super-whales who are willing to do anything for a couple more points of imaginary power.

This is how F2P MMOs die. It’s how ToS dies. Just accept it and move on. The situation is well past the point of no return.

People are already getting banned though. That’s false.

People have always been getting banned. Small fry. If they were going after the big pigs we’d be seeing complaints by major guilds about the terrible injustices being done to their GMs and officers.

That is pretty much the entire problem with the f2p model, though.

Can’t ban em cause they’re the ones paying.

There’s always switching to a subscription based model like what @Oreichalcos suggested, just by enforcing higher limitations on non-token users, so that most players would ‘pay’ a minimum amount of TP a month.

That’ll set off free players REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE’ing.

If the income from your average player (non-whale, the 80%) is increased, then you could ban the moby dicks, because their revenue flow doesn’t contribute as much now.

Except that their name isn’t appearing on market with RMTs from bots now?

If we talk about “big pigs” IMC actually banned one of the most active addon devs, you know right? It’s not about actual money contribution but it’s definitely a contribution to game/player base.

i would make the game p2p at least 5-10$, and reducing the TP cost of item mall
putting some staff or a willing player with some TP reward to bot hotspot (solitary cell, etc)
or, idk maybe code something to make a boss apprear and targeting the bots only, if theres suspicious bot movement stuff and then disappear again
IP ban? maybe not that effective since you can change ip easily
perma ban for bot user
or theres this command from csgo custom server ive played, where you can call an admin using server command for behaviour that against the rule

theres definitely 0 way to kill all the bots but i believe at least making the game to p2p will reduce the bot count

and if im being fully honest, a few bots i fine, but if theres shitload of bots it would kill the game, i mean for e.g some material are too damn hard to farm, lets say something like red dawn (phada), it would take days or week, and a few bots may help the process since you can farm pure silver easier (sausys9, etc) than farming those 0.x-1.x% material with low spawn count and wide area of spawn and buy it from market with reasonable price

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.