Tree of Savior Forum

Do you have any method to deal with BOT? if you are TOS owner

We knew bots are everywhere because new stream account really easy to create and 30days equipment for new player is strong too with a few hour bot user can change their job to sorc/necro then bot ready to work… for management team and gm view, they may lack of people to patrol every map and afraid of ban wrong player.

Anyway, I’ll skip complain about bot or unfair issue, just want to know about idea to deal with bot problem as owner view or game staff… maybe not only TOS, other MMORPG game is fine.

Example
for me in case of TOS …maybe fix new skill for sorc/necro … same as wugushi, re-balance all of their skill, not to call 5 minutes summon again, just cast and attack like other wizard class… [sorc/necro bot may decease but not sure chapp bot will be back or new class bot will appear?]

*** I still hate of bot sorc/necro haha… many times I saw them I’ll try to clear all mobs in front of them, even if I know it useless @w@ that I can disturb them just a few minutes.

Let’s share the idea ></

my methods were ineffective :frowning: bots just get programed around them D:

best thing to do is field work and making bottling more a pain in the ass than a profit…

you can only achieve that by having GM be a pain in the ass to them by banning bots constantly everywhere,

bot is hard to ban because of banning process. :frowning:

In Ragnarok Online, I actually hunted bots with my Priest if they disturbed me by placing warp beneath them, sending them to a town.

In TOS you sadly can’t do anything against bots since the Sorcerers&Necromancers Summons are too strong by default. If you’d have to level them up like companions, I doubt that the majority of bots would rely on those monsters to earn silver.

In my opinion, it would be wise to turn Sorcerer summons into companions with an experience chart that requires time spent to level them up.
The progression should be very steep, so that the majority of power comes from the last levels rather than the first 200-300 levels.

The Necromancer Summons should decay naturally just like Bokors zombies so that they are dead at the time the CD time is off. Best would be 1:3 lasting time > CD time, with the ability to summons a single skeleton via the Ritual Coffin item.

Instead, Dirty Pole & Flesh Cannon could work as both Healing&attacking skills for the undead (similarly to how Bokor can utilize Cure & Heal to aid his zombies&attack enemies).

all plans hurts the players more than the bots…

Talking of RO I just had an idea…

no its not the warp thing < sad it got nerved on the server I was playing cause we used to compete whose warp would warp the person walking into them…

but I also remembered… RO had a jail… give US a jail like place

yes, a GM could send you there, but anyone could go there too if they wanted to…

and here is my idea (finally) :

Create a jail like map full of mobs that will not give any exp or anything and give everyone the ability to send anyone they want into it… but anyone can also leave it…

But since there is a wait 10s after combat, bot summons will be stuck killing and prevent them to leave and a GM would just need to go into the jail and boom ban them all…

or even better, make it so you need to talk to an npc and respond some questions to leave, answer right and get a small exp boost or something, but wrong and you stay for another min (please make the question change randomly to evade programed bots from easy spam answer and getting boost)…

@STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Yuri

3 Likes

you are full of it too cause those afk- semi afk are ether bots or player minority…

if your summon needs an input to be active again and you use a program or whatever so its constantly there while you aren’t…

guess what, you are a bot…

and sure we can say this class are the bot no is that one…

but there are bots of ALL classes and builds…

1 Like

Stop, this is not OK at all, you know people are gonna abuse this and send tons of “legit” players for no reason.

Having a jail sounds fine, but everyone being able to send anyone in there ? No, that’s not good at all.

I never see SR bot before, maybe they don’t go same map as me, most of 95% bots they are sorc/necro… sometime see BM or Mergan.

I know human are assholes…

that’s why I put…

make it so you need to talk to an npc and respond some questions to leave, answer right and get a small exp boost or something

that way anyone getting into the “jail” that isn’t a bot, will get a benefit from it and heck people will want to be kick into that map to get the exp boost…

but should also rise a flag on the player so GM can investigate them…

it makes the GM work easier and save us from their “I don’t want to run through all game maps”

That’s still bad. Imagine trying to farm silver and being sent repeatedly on another map.
It’s gonna happen, and that’s gonna piss off a lot of people.

1 Like

False.

Advanced procedures on server-side with heuristics analysis comparing data from normal players to bots. Bots have quite interesting patterns that can be used to identify them, including client-side signatures.

Nope, they’re bots and they affect economy greatly and prevents players from farming lower level things and other things such as Sierra Powder. This also affects how IMC should balance the game since they can’t like, increase drop chance too greatly without flooding the market through bot farmers.

Again false, any class can be a bot.

They can also be players botting for themselves while semi-AFK’ing (i.e. job, studying etc) like some does. This is just as bad.

This “naive” comment part makes you sound like you know “a lot”. Maybe you got some friends where you got some of these little info? Care to report them and give IMC some more data for them to handle these bots?

5 Likes

then you can make it so its only 1 player that you can send once a day, it should still give a message of “check this player” to the gms, the wrongly accused player get their free boost or stuff and it prevents abuse from others…

1 Like

That sounds better, personnaly though, i think doing this OR giving a buff that prevents the player from being sent to jail for some time (an hour ? more ?) could work too.

Still, even with all this, some “legit” players would be sent to jail everyday.
Also, we’d need more GMs in game to check the jail, because afaik there are none, and if it stays that way, then having that system won’t be as efficient as it could be.

1 Like

There’s a slight problem though. If it’s text-based question any bot can answer, you’d need a captcha-like thing that IMC won’t put into the game.

Plus the bot would just need to whitelist a few maps it’s used on and act differently inside jail, it’s like, really hard to avoid this unless IMC totally avoids loading lua code into the game in a way it can’t be bypassed at all (pretty hard now).

that’s why I said the question should be random, to prevent automation as even gatchas can be fooled as some follow a pattern…

Guys do you know about the logistic regression?

thats how i want to implement to the game if i were the owner

it kinda statistical method to match the pattern of playing behavior (cooldown utilize, kill pattern, jump pattern, how many click per min, interval of skill usage (to inspect if there are too much in the same loop) or even the active duration in the game) then we combine those information together as a scoring base model.

given some huge amount of information collected by the server this method will be correctly specify the bot around 80% in the best case scenario.

and after we have some bot we could warp it or give them some picture riddle

i just dont understand why they wait for this long, i mean this is so simple for financial business in real life.

2 Likes

This is just mimimi and salt …
IMC created the Summons class just as it does in other MMOs.
The function of the class is to summon and let the summons attack.
This is the mechanics of the class, and this is how the class has to play, if you do not like problem is yours. Cry…

It’s no use coming here in the forum to want to get into a class you do not play and ruin the class that other people like and play.

thanks captain obvious, but let me tell you something…

I have played every class that has been a bot in this game and I will tell you one thing…

they are good like super good…

but you are right that is not the class but the scumbag using it that is the problem…

if you like the class and aren’t botting or ks or been an asshole in-game…

dont be an asshole in forum ether ok :unamused:

How about a monthly subscription to play the game?

NO

/20charactersneeded

2 Likes