Tree of Savior Forum

[DISCUSSION] tester-selection-and-beta-key-distribution-announcement

Continuing the discussion from Tester Selection and Beta Key Distribution Announcement:

So I thought a new thread for talking about the news would be good, as it often is done in other forums, so what do you think of it and, dont forget to check your mails for the next ~5h

2 Likes

there was a post on some fansite that they were going to Filter out all the Mutli accounts ppl created so actual ppl with 1 account would have a better chance at getting a key, my question is how many accounts were left after the Filter? and are the keys all distributed now? so should ppl stop spam clicking their email refresh button and face Reality that they didnā€™t get chosen XD

1 Like

Trying to press the Beta Key button on the website retunrs a ā€œYou are not testerā€ or something like that message.
Does that mean we have to wait, or that we definitely will never get the key?
Would be cool if they made themselves clear regarding that.

It means you need to go over to the switch on the wall that activates sadness and flip it on

2 Likes

Itā€™s far more logical to assume that the fake accounts received keys more over actual accounts, whatever system they used to try and stop fake accounts from obtaining keys obviously didnā€™t work.

You have to remember that is 5000 for over 12000 and a most of these people dont use the forum, so dont be angry about it, if I dont get a key I will just move to another game and wait for the next beta test. v(ļ½”ļ½„Ļ‰ļ½„ļ½”)

Being honest here, my heart did sank not receiving the key, although the 5hrs limit hadnā€™t been hit yet so maybe thereā€™s a smidgen of a chance. I hyped this game for so long, so I really look forward to trying it out, but itā€™s not the end of the world if I donā€™t get to try it at this time. Iā€™ll get in next time (hopefully), if not, when the game is released and more complete.

2 Likes

I think this system is fair. They say they took out obvious multi-account issues.

Some people complain about being invested in this game for a long time on the forums, but not getting a key. It would be unwise for them to give the keys out to only those who use the forum. In tests like CBT tests, you want as diverse a population as possible. Bad computers, good computers, bad internet, good internet, high latency, low latency etcā€¦ Choosing one group like forum users usually has confounding variables that may miss a key aspect of the test. So, itā€™s best just to fully randomize the selection process.

I didnā€™t get a key yet, so I most likely wonā€™t. Oh poo :hankey:

Edit: A game I once played had beta keys given out to only unique computers. They had a program that took system specs from your computer, and stored them on your account. This way, you can uniquely identify different players. Would it completely stop multiple accounts? No, but it is a pretty good solution.

I heard somebody create 5 accounts and get 3 beta keys

Truly greedy people with multiple accounts scoring multiple keys, screwed with the selection process, if anyone thinks thatā€™s fair, I wouldnā€™t want you to judge anything ever.

They should of just did whar iro did for their beta event. Charge 20$ and the first people to buy it got in.

Well, if peoples really used multi accounts to get keys, then better check up sales sites or steam forums to see if have not one to offer.

Why set the betakey button ā€¦why set for get no keyā€¦

whyā€¦ It may my heart broke 怂ļ½„ļ¾Ÿļ½„(恤Š“`ļ¾Ÿ)ļ½„ļ¾Ÿļ½„

2 Likes

You have a key? Donā€™t be greedy! :smirk:
You have no key? Donā€™t be salty! :grin:

imo, if they have multiple account in the same IP, only 1 of those account can received a key. Like what I did. 3 accounts, only 1 key. But meh! Atleast I have a key! :confetti_ball:

Everytime I click that shiny red Beta Key iconā€¦ RIP in Peace me

Your account is only 3 days old.

That post was groundless conjecture from that fan site admin. IMC may have cared, they may have not. No one knows.

You only assume that there are over 12000 legitimate people, which there very well might be, however it is well known that of the thousands of people that did sign up, a significant amount of those accounts would most likely be duplicates, in order to increase the chances of getting keys to use for whatever reason, you also assume Iā€™m angry, yet I didnā€™t post anything that would give one a reason to assume I am angry, so naturally youā€™ve jump to conclusions for whatever reason be it ignorance or arrogance.

Whatā€™s your evidence that it was a significant number?

My evidence is the amount of people that didnā€™t receive keys.

beta key pleaseā€¦pleseā€¦admin please